CM Thank-you cards

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Sunshine36616
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

CM Thank-you cards

Post by Sunshine36616 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:48 am

Hi guys (and gals)! I'm gearing up for my trip to WDW in December and had another question. I saw some cute thank-you cards that were made to give to CMs at WDW. I'm a scrapbooker and card maker so I was thinking of making some of these. I thought I would ask the experts first though.

CM Thank you cards.....a bright bit of sunshine from an unexpected source or hoakey crap you have to put in your pocket and will laugh about later.

Thanks for the insight :)

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: CM Thank-you cards

Post by crystal_crtr » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:57 am

I asked this same question. Actually the response I got was that they appreciate anything that is given by a guest that shows appreciation. I'm going to have cards printed up as well.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:58 am

I've been known to bring pins from this website:

http://whatwouldwaltdo.com/

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:15 am

What a great idea! And I really like the pins at that site!
We have always tipped all the CM's at the hotel, from the Mousekeepers to the valets to the concierge. All the concierge CM's have turned us down, but we insist they take it. Supposedly, if they turn it down three times and you insist, I understand they can accept on the fourth time that you insist they take the tip. Is this correct or one of those Disney urban myths? Without the CM's there would be no magic! CM's make Disney what it is! :D:
Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 am

susislicker wrote:Supposedly, if they turn it down three times and you insist, I understand they can accept on the fourth time that you insist they take the tip. Is this correct or one of those Disney urban myths?
This is true for CMs that are in jobs that do not normally accept tips; e.g., store cashiers, front desk hosts, etc. It is not true for bell services, valets, waiters, etc. - they can accept it on first offer.

On that note, I knew a few CMs in Stores who, when offered a tip, told the guests something along the lines of, "Well, I'm not allowed to take it unless I refuse 3 times and you still insist on offering it."

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:45 am

Thanks for the info, I thought that I had heard that before. So a CM can just say "Oh NO, NO, NO!" all at once! ;)

sues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:17 pm

Sunshine36616 wrote:Hi guys (and gals)! I'm gearing up for my trip to WDW in December and had another question. I saw some cute thank-you cards that were made to give to CMs at WDW. I'm a scrapbooker and card maker so I was thinking of making some of these. I thought I would ask the experts first though.

CM Thank you cards.....a bright bit of sunshine from an unexpected source or hoakey crap you have to put in your pocket and will laugh about later.

Thanks for the insight :)
For me at least, I love those rare times that a guest gives me something like that. I keep every little thank you note, card, or similar thing like that. Those are not usually a problem for CM's to accept since they are not worth anything as far as money goes (but far more in sentimentality). Someday I might put them into a scrapbook momento of my work time at Disney, but for now they are carefully put away where I can pull them out anytime I want.

What do you mean you won't smile for the camera?

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 pm

I have never gotten a card or anything like that from a guest before but I think its a great idea. Maybe it is different depending what department you work in but I have always been told I could never ever except tips from guests, have had those offered a couple times but turned them down obviously. Love the idea of little cards though, I could totally picture a CM coming into the break room saying they just met the best guest ever who gave them I thank you note.

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:02 pm

My favorite one we gave out this trip was to Sherena at the front desk at POP. She was fantastic and is on my list of Email names for Disney compliments. She was also new and Donnie and both had a chuckle when we were walking away and we could hear her go all excited like "they gave me a thank you card" to the other desk ppl. LOL I must have gave away over 40 this time. I am picky as to who to give them to but basically if you make me smile , do something special for any of us and feel like I have no cares or woes you qualify.

Loved the reaction of the /security/bag check guy we gave one too. He was FUNNY, he deserved it. Guess it kinda shocked him that someone was thanking him. Needless to say the grumpy one that literally pulled EVERYTHING out of my backpack didnt get one. Thank goodness I had all of it organized in ziplocs. Tho I insisted on standing there and letting him explain to the folks behind me why it was taking so long while I took my sweet time putting it back. (well I helped explain. :twisted: ) He is the same one that tried to empty Donnies too but I guess since I was taking so long he thot better of it and wanted to know what it was that Donnie had in his fanny pack.---can you say a camera, duh, granted it was a 110 but dude you were older then I was and had never seen one like it??????yeah???? OK done ranting now. Back to your regurally scheduled thread.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:18 am

Sunshine36616 wrote:CM Thank you cards.....a bright bit of sunshine from an unexpected source or hoakey crap you have to put in your pocket and will laugh about later.
CM Thank You Cards, ABSOLUTELY!!! These are such treasures - to me at least. Pics, quick postcards, tiny stufffed animals from guest's homeland, even Mickey Thank you pins are very appreciated. I keep these wonderful gifts in my truck as a reminder of The Magic. Some items I take on road trips for good luck - like my bUbbles from The BUbble Ladies :bubble: Keep handing these out Sunshine. :star: You'll never know their real value! :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]