Video of Pluto chasing a kid

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
AngelEyes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Video of Pluto chasing a kid

Post by AngelEyes » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:17 pm

http://www.break.com/index/pissed-pluto ... -brat.html

I have NO idea was this is about. I was hoping that someone here knows. I would agree with the video title that Pluto was pissed, but he still had that big grin on his face... :D:

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Video of Pluto chasing a kid

Post by Kwahati » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Woah! Dude! Pluto freakin' sprinted after that kid! I don't know what he did, but that kid must've screwed up! I like the totally accusatory mother at the end saying something about "don't touch my kid" (I'm at work, so I can't turn it up too loud, but I think that's what she said). I think it might be a case of "Well, lady, if you would teach your kid some discipline, Pluto wouldn't have to do it for you!" I suspect this'll go the way of the video of Tigger(?) 'hitting' that other kid... (That went away completely, right?)

Edited to add: I don't know how reliable it is, but the last reply to the video says the kid punched pluto in the junk. I'd be pissed too, but I don't know how good a shot it could be if you can run afterward... :eek: :kicknut:

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

AngelEyes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by AngelEyes » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Kwahati wrote:Woah! Dude! Pluto freakin' sprinted after that kid! I don't know what he did, but that kid must've screwed up! I like the totally accusatory mother at the end saying something about "don't touch my kid" (I'm at work, so I can't turn it up too loud, but I think that's what she said). I think it might be a case of "Well, lady, if you would teach your kid some discipline, Pluto wouldn't have to do it for you!" I suspect this'll go the way of the video of Tigger(?) 'hitting' that other kid... (That went away completely, right?)

Edited to add: I don't know how reliable it is, but the last reply to the video says the kid punched pluto in the junk. I'd be pissed too, but I don't know how good a shot it could be if you can run afterward... :eek: :kicknut:
Yeah, I wish that the video had started about 10 seconds sooner so we could get the entire story. It HAD to have been something pretty mad to make Pluto freak out like that.

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:30 pm

Damn I didn't realize they could run so fast, something must have happened to get that character going like that. Honestly for a first couple seconds I thought Pluto was playing around, I don't really know Pluto's normal body language but it seems like since he is a dog following after guests could, within reason, be considered acceptable. Seems like it Pluto had just taken off after a kid with what appeared to be an attempt to hurt him we would have seem the CA running right along after Pluto. Can't believe that woman pushed Pluto down though, didn't look like it was that hard of a push but I know character can't see that well and it looks like the curb is what got him. I have limited knowledge on how characters are supposed to act (well aside from the obvious stuff) but I do remember being told once its a pretty big no-no to get on the ground because it can damage the costume. Pluto wouldn't have intentionally take a fall like that.

PapaMouse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PapaMouse » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:25 pm

She had no right pushing him down like that.

Not sure what started it. but after videos like THIS people are so jumpy to sue.

BTW in the above video you can clearly see the "kid" doing something to Tigger's back causing him to turn around and his paw was reaching to pull the kid off when it his the kids face.

Stupid Guest like this should be placed on the monorail beam and run over.

Characters take so much crap from guest. Disney really needs to do more to protect the CM's that play those roles.

Help control A.D.D., Spank a kids ass.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:39 pm

After watching this, I was disgusted what people do.

On a lighter side, I am expected the Benny Hill music to play while Pluto was chasing the kid!! :D

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:02 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlzkdxad-A

We start on the west curb of the circle and Pluto runs east around in a circle and continues west to the Emporium where he steps on the curb. This is when we see his mother turning and heading toward Pluto in a northwest direction. She is running from where the scene opens. Pluto and the kid on the side walk go around a wheelchair while mom is on the other side of the chair on the south. She grabs Pluto by his upper right arm costume. This turns Pluto so he faces her and she yells at him. He is walking back wards then turns to his right and face the street and shrugs. He is now close to the curb edge and she pushes him. She had been poking at him.

He gets up and gets away from her. For a bit we see her with the camera and the kid walking again toward Pluto. Pluto walks up to a couple and points to the woman. He then walks away with his hands at face height. The CM is now talking to a guest.

1. We do not see what happened before this incident.
2. It is for a split second at the opening but there is a woman in the background with an astounished look on her face and her hand at her mouth.
3. There is a female CM in a long gray skirt like you seen in stores. She is facing toward the castle.
4. The women has her camera going and then as Pluto walks away her kid follows a bit.
5. Why didn't guest stop to watch the show and most kept walking on?
6. Why would a CM have Pluto run by her and not follow with her head the action and see that there was trouble. I can understand Pluto not seeing her.
7. WHERE IS HIS HANDLER? SECURITY, ANYONE?
8. Where did this guy get this tape and why only 5 videos?

I am just confused by the above and more. Is it a fake or what is up with this video?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:36 am

This one leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the kid who did something, I won't make comments as I didn't see what. If you look at the lady and the time when she pushed Pluto, he was facing away from her, thus proving that she has no sense of honor whatsoever. If you're going to push someone, especially someone who is so much at a disadvantage to be in a costume that limits your view and mobility as Pluto does to the Cast Member being him at the time, you do it when they're facing you (although you still don't do it at all). The fact that she had done that after Pluto was gesturing something along the lines of "fine, whatever" makes it more appalling

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:14 am

mechurchlady wrote:We start on the west curb of the circle and Pluto runs east around in a circle and continues west to the Emporium where he steps on the curb...
Hey churchy. I love your play by play for those of us (read: me) who didn't know the exact location from the video, but I kept waiting for you to say: "And here we see Pluto chasing the child back and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back...and to the left..." :D:

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:26 am

Kwahati wrote:Hey churchy. I love your play by play for those of us (read: me) who didn't know the exact location from the video, but I kept waiting for you to say: "And here we see Pluto chasing the child back and to the left. Back, and to the left. Back...and to the left..." :D:
(holding hand to ear in the old time radio announcer pose)
It's a beautiful day for todays game.
The players are lining up for the first play.
Hey it looks like the visitors are going to try the distract and sneak attack immasculate play.
But here comes the home team with a Statue of Partners formation.
It's gonna be close but the home team got the play off before the secondary of the visitors got in there.
OOooooo that hurts just looking at it from up here in the booth.
And here comes the stretchers to move the injured players from the field.

Something like that? :D: ;)

Randy