DL Favorite Rides

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

DL Favorite Rides

Post by ICStupidPeople » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:11 pm

Just curious as to what everyone's "must do" rides are for DL

Mine are Haunted Mansion (better than the one at WDW),
Pirates (blows WDW's version out of the water),
Jungle Cruise (WDW's is better in most aspects, but I love the Pirahna (sp) ), Indy (either up front of way back..riding with a 1st timer always = good time),
Splash (I like the DL version better because of the log setup),
Mr. Toad (where else can you die and go to hell other than Disney???)
Pooh, (MUCH better at DL than WDW), the whole setup makes my tummy giggle with fun at DL...I'm pretty sure CM's for that ride think hubby and I are nuts because we ride it a few times....(heeeffffaaallluuummmpppssss and wooooozzzleees....hefffaaallummmmpppsss and wwoooozzlllesss..steaalllll honnneyyy)
50 Years of Magic Theatre (we do it multiple times each trip, always tear up)

Don't get me wrong, there are many things that I love about WDW that Dl doesn't have, but those are my "must do's" at DL.

Toon town at DL is much better than WDW, but it's not a must do. Also, I love the setup of Small world at DL more, but, I'm not upset when the ride is closed for the makeover for the holidays. That is a "must do to show my respect for walt" ride. I will ride it whenever I go, but not because I love it. It's like doing hail mary's for us uncatholic folks. We have to do it to repent for our other sins.

I got stuck in the last room for about 10 minutes 2 trips ago...I'm still taking non convulsing meds for it...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: DL Favorite Rides

Post by Zazu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:20 pm

My favorite attraction at Disneyland? Oh, that's easy, the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland!

Oh wait, that closed. Um... I go it! Adventure Thru Inner Space!

No, that closed too. Ah... 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Love that giant calimari wiggling in the....

Shit, that's right, they ripped out Cap'n Nemo's organ to build some haunted house.

I suppose the Opera House display of the sets from "Babes in Toyland" where I met Roy Williams is gone too?

Damn! Oh wait! I know, the absolute coolest thing anyone ever saw at any Disney park ever: Walt Disney walking around surrounded by a platoon of kids, and not one of them holding an autograph book!

And it he's not still there, please -- don't tell me.

Zazu

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:47 pm

Zazu wrote:And if he's not still there, please -- don't tell me.
You know, if he'd make a trip over here to the World, I bet you would be in Show Quality, and I would be a trainee.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

pattimelt
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pattimelt » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:46 am

ICStupidPeople wrote:Just curious as to what everyone's "must do" rides are for DL

Mine are Haunted Mansion (better than the one at WDW),

I guess I shouldn't tell you that the Mansion is closed for refurbishment until the 21st, right?? :eek:

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 pm

When I go, I make thunder, jungle, tiki, space, and the Opera House a priority, if the vehicles are running I ride those too, and if the line is short STORYBOOKLAND! (yay)

Are we covering DCA too? if we are, Soarin, screamin, Muppets, Heimlich's, and mulhulland.

Gimme some soft serve!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:00 pm

Zazu wrote:My favorite attraction at Disneyland? Oh, that's easy, the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland!

Oh wait, that closed. Um... I go it! Adventure Thru Inner Space!

No, that closed too. Ah... 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Love that giant calimari wiggling in the....

Shit, that's right, they ripped out Cap'n Nemo's organ to build some haunted house.

I suppose the Opera House display of the sets from "Babes in Toyland" where I met Roy Williams is gone too?

Damn! Oh wait! I know, the absolute coolest thing anyone ever saw at any Disney park ever: Walt Disney walking around surrounded by a platoon of kids, and not one of them holding an autograph book!

And it he's not still there, please -- don't tell me.
That is how I feel.
Mine Train
Mule Ride
Wagons
Flying Saucers
Rocket Rods
Carousel of Progress
Motorboats
America the Beautiful
Keelboats
Main Street Arcade
Penny Arcade
Lots of restaurants.
Old treehouse.

I still love the Bobsleds and Splash mountain the most. This year would make about 45 years since I started riding the bobsleds.

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:26 pm

This is what I do just about every trip.
In order
Indy
Pirates
Haunted Mansion, are was better, from what I have heard about WDW's the improvements are going to rock and we should see them next year sometime.
Splash if I feel like getting wet
Mickey Premuim
Jungle Cruise
Toad
Buzz
FP Space Mountain
Buzz
Star Tours sometimes (anyone heard when ST is going down for refurb to ST 2.0? I hear WDW is going down within 6 months, I'm guessing once Toy Story opens at CA/Hollywood Studios)
Buzz
Mickey Premium
Train (twice around the park)
1st 50 years
BTMRR and Matterhorn Bobsleds when lines are short.
Buzz

Last trip did Nemo twice, after 9:00 pm, might head there first in October since I will be alone and want to ride during the day.
Buzz

I also hit C/A, I like the park, Soarin, Taste Pilots for a CB and shake, Tower of Terror, Aladdin, sometimes twice in a trip, Monsters inc, tough to be a bug, Cal Screamin if I'm in the mood.
I sceam sunday if they have them if not something close.

Small world if GF is with me, Roger Rabbit about every 3 trips. HM, Pirates, JC several times every trip, Buzz of course, more if GF with me, sometimes PP, I have never ridden Casey JR, gonna have to ride it sometime. Fantasyland dark rides depending on lines.

The rides I never miss are Indy, POTC, HM, JC and Buzz, Soarin and ToT, I can ride these all day long.

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:02 pm

[font=Palatino Linotype]we go often enough that i'm not that concerned about getting on rides now...but before i had my ap there was definitely a method to the madness...

now i like to be able to get on btrr at least once, space mt (if the line isn't too long), and star tours...i love indy, but find i can only go on every so often (don't worry icsp...it's been awhile since i've been on :) )...if we're going with someone else i like give the choice of what to do up to them since they've probably paid a good chunk of change to be able to go or they don't get to go very often...

i'm really surprised no one has mentioned the carousel :eek: ...watch, if elyse finds this board she'll say she wants to go on that most definitely...

we don't usually spend much time over at dca...it's a very pretty park, but there's not much there for us...we REALLY like soarin' over CA, but there are only so many times you can see muppet 3d...the same with it's tough to be a bug...we liked mulholland madness, unfortunately, it's not good for us anymore :( , but we're very good at waiting :D:
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:49 pm

No offence,but this sounds so Board X. :(

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:23 pm

darph nader wrote:No offence,but this sounds so Board X. :(
lol..true...my bad..

i'll go back to posting stories about my lack of sex life and watching Ktulu's lawn on his "lawn cam"