I thought it was about time for a good old soap box rant.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

I thought it was about time for a good old soap box rant.

Post by Driver_dylan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:36 am

So here we go. :soap:

I am so sick of people treating their pregnancies as if they are a debilitating illness. You are pregnant. You did it to yourself by having sex, (no matter how you look at it, and yes I do know that it takes two to tango.) and you are not, repeat not, intitled to demand access reserved for those who truly have a debilitating condition.

Now, before you ladies out there burn me in effigy, I would like to say that I in no way mean to say that pregnant women shouldn't be allowed, or that they deserve to be dragged out to walk the endless hills of MK in an august heat. Most of the women in this situation did not ask to be here, and I'm sure that if you asked them they would tell you that they would rather be in their hotel room. These people I really feel for and whenever possible I attempt to get them a seat. Sometimes these is easy, or sometimes it is next to impossible. This may make them miserable, but that does not mean that they or moreover their all to often full of themself party, who simply crams the woman in a wheelchair or worse, drag them have the right to give me greaf.

Case in point a situation from today. I was loading during the fireworks exit at one of the wheelchair ramps. In strolls Ms. Pregnant and a party of twenty, all adults mind you. (in case you have never seen the momorails, there are three door sections of the twelve that are wide enough to accomidate a wheelchair.) Anyway, they stop in front of the section that I was loading. As the exit pushes a lot of people I asked them to move all the way down to the end of the platform. They don't move, but at this point, three wheelchairs come up on the platform and I repeat my request. This causes the woman to get in my face saying, "Excuse me, but I'm fucking pregnant and I have to sit down. So I'm not fucking moving."

At this point, I am having a trying day to begin with, so when a fourth wheelchair comes on the platform I let the woman know that I would be glad to get her a seat but she would have to let the wheelchairs on first. This request only got me this responce. "There are twenty of us and we are all tired so we want to sit. Put the fucking cripples on another fucking train." This got me fed up, so I reached over and turned off the gate switch. Then in a booming voice told them, that if they didn't move away from the gate I would not allow them to board. With a huff and after calling me an ass, the moved down. Now I know she was most likely uncomfortable and I still made good on my promise and found her a seat. I guess after all was said and done she must have realized that I was only doing my job because she took the seat begrugingly.

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: I thought it was about time for a good old soap box rant.

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:01 am

So they held up the line with their antics and thus delayed their sitting down. Very smart. Pregnant ladies have a right to be in the parks but they should not expect to be treated any different from other people. If they are in the last trimester then why go to the parks when you cannot ride rides and have the problems associated with pregnancy. I am giving you a hug and a box of chocolates for not losing your temper and job over such jerks.

TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TowerTimmy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 am

Wow what a bitch. I feel sorry for her husband or boyfriend. She deserved to have stood.

Tim

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:56 am

Dang and I thot I was a bitch when I was preggo. Tho there is a difference in being rude and being a total witch. Can you imagine her in the delivery room cussing out everyone in particular the one that got her way. LMAO

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 am

mechurchlady wrote:So they held up the line with their antics and thus delayed their sitting down. Very smart. Pregnant ladies have a right to be in the parks but they should not expect to be treated any different from other people. If they are in the last trimester then why go to the parks when you cannot ride rides and have the problems associated with pregnancy. I am giving you a hug and a box of chocolates for not losing your temper and job over such jerks.
I'd bet that most OB/GYNs don't recommend going on motion type rides during any part of the pregnancy.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:16 am

I'd have asked her not to use that kind of language in front of children, and when she pointed out that there are no children around (just the 20 morons with her), I'd have pointed to her stomach and then called security to handle the rest of the situation :twisted:

I think if I was a CM, I might need to work in security. I know I'd be calling them enough times...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:28 am

leftcoaster wrote:I'd bet that most OB/GYNs don't recommend...
I was listening to a radio talk show where an OB/GYN was being interviewed. He was asked what the worst part of the job was. Without missing a beat the OB/GYN replied, "Stinky feet."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Bochocho
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Bochocho » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:38 pm

The bigger problem isn't that she was pregnant - it sounds like her problem is that she was an obnoxious, foul-mouthed, stupid, trashy, narcissist who thinks the world revolves around her. Why do I get the feeling she probably talks to people like that whether she's pregnant or not...

And to think she charmed someone enough to get herself in that condition... :rolleyes:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Bochocho wrote:The bigger problem isn't that she was pregnant - it sounds like her problem is that she was an obnoxious, foul-mouthed, stupid, trashy, narcissist who thinks the world revolves around her. Why do I get the feeling she probably talks to people like that whether she's pregnant or not...

And to think she charmed someone enough to get herself in that condition... :rolleyes:
LOL! Well said, Bochocho! :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Bochocho wrote:The bigger problem isn't that she was pregnant - it sounds like her problem is that she was an obnoxious, foul-mouthed, stupid, trashy, narcissist who thinks the world revolves around her. Why do I get the feeling she probably talks to people like that whether she's pregnant or not...

Well said but I think it does not take charm to get pregnant. It just takes lots of booze and or pills.