"Where are the bathrooms?"

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "Where are the bathrooms?"

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:29 pm

Whazzup wrote:You're not an SG, because you actually admitted and apologized for making a (very minor) mistake. An SG would never admit they were wrong, and they would also blame someone else for their mistake~! :twisted:
Therefore, you're one of the good guys (or gals, as the case may be). :D:
And then, the SG would demand free stuff because somebody spoiled his magic!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:52 pm

mechurchlady wrote:Discovery Island was not and is not in AK but is a defunct park at WDW.
Sad to say, Discovery Island is the name now given to the area at Disney's Animal Kingdom that includes the Tree of Life.

Believe me, I miss the original Discovery Island as much as anyone, but the name has officially been recycled.

As has the name "Magic Kingdom", which today is no longer used for the Disneyland Park.

Gotta keep the Disneyspeak straight, or nobody will know what you're talking about.

Zazu

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:54 pm

Sarah Magdalene wrote:I was with some visiting friends who were staying at the hotel next Old Town, down the street from WDW. After spending a night having some fun in the area, some obvious drunken playboy starts to hit up on us with various questions, "Where are you staying?" "You gals here alone?" "Why don't you have any boyfriends with you?" When we gave him a bunch of BS answers he didn't seem to want, he then sighed and asked us if we knew where a bathroom was. One of the girls I was with commented on some bushed behind a shop near by. Off he promptly went to do his business.

We swiftly walked off, snickering. We were standing right IN FRONT of the restrooms the whole time. Bastard didn't even notice.
Oh....He was just smitten with your beauty!!!

or a pirate!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:20 am

Zazu wrote:Sad to say, Discovery Island is the name now given to the area at Disney's Animal Kingdom that includes the Tree of Life.

Believe me, I miss the original Discovery Island as much as anyone, but the name has officially been recycled.

As has the name "Magic Kingdom", which today is no longer used for the Disneyland Park.

Gotta keep the Disneyspeak straight, or nobody will know what you're talking about.
I am old and remember when oreos had lard in them and hydrox was the best cookie.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 am

mechurchlady wrote:I am old and remember when oreos had lard in them and hydrox was the best cookie.
Hydrox still is!!!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:07 am

Randy B wrote:I think that pre-1972 they often referred to the Disneyland park as " the Magic Kingdom" as a nickname. But when WDW opened the official name of the park WAS "the Magic Kingdom". It may be that the original DL park is still called, on occasion, by it's nickname, but the park at WDW with the castle is the "Magic Kingdom". So those of us who have discussed the US parks on line where the discussion may include both coasts, we try to differentiate between the parks by using MK for the park within WDW and DL for the original park in Calif. Of course to confuse things even more DL is often used to reference the entire DL resort which includes two parks, a shopping district and a resort or two. :confused:

It may be much more important to us out here in cyberspace that we differentiate between the parks than within the Disney system as it is much more obvious if you are standing in the Calif parking lot that if you say you are going over to the MK, you probably aren't about to hop a plane from the DL parking lot. :D: For that matter if you are at the TTC and someone makes the mistake of saying they are headed for DL, they are probably intending to cross the lake to the MK. :D:

Randy
Exactly!
mechurchlady wrote:Discovery Island was not and is not in AK but is a defunct park at WDW. Magic Kingdom was and always will be DL not DCA or MK, bah humbug.
As Zazu said, Discovery Island is in DAK and DiscoveryLAND is in Disneyland Paris or Euro Disney or whatever the heck they are calling it these days. Discoveryland is what takes the place of Tomorrowland.

I just call the Parks "DL" and "WDW" or "The World" and that takes care of the confusion. Or sometimes I just say, "We are going to Disney!!!!!! and it could mean either Resort in the US. Have not been to the ones in other countries yet. :( Someday....
Now where is that secret bathroom at DL? heeheehee

susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:33 am

Princess Susi wrote:Now where is that secret bathroom at DL? heeheehee
It's inside the Enchanted Tiki Room. The only attraction anywhere to have a restroom inside (intentionally, that is).

Zazu

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:38 am

Zazu wrote:It's inside the Enchanted Tiki Room. The only attraction anywhere to have a restroom inside (intentionally, that is).
Not quite true. There are restrooms halfway through the Backlot Tour ... after you get through the water tank show, right before you go into the Prop Warehouse.

There are also restrooms inside the Lights Motors Action theater, and inside the Fantasmic stadium. Plus, there is a model of a restroom in the Carousel of Progress and the House of Innoventions.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 am

Princess Susi wrote:Now where is that secret bathroom at DL?
Zazu wrote:It's inside the Enchanted Tiki Room. The only attraction anywhere to have a restroom inside (intentionally, that is).
hhsrat wrote:Not quite true. There are restrooms halfway through the Backlot Tour ... after you get through the water tank show, right before you go into the Prop Warehouse. ...

Plus, there is a model of a restroom in the Carousel of Progress and the House of Innoventions.
Okay, I'll grant you the first of these, but not the last two. I remember when the "Bathroom of the Future" at Disneyland got tested by some rural and it was really tough to clean because it wasn't plumbed.

But if we are listing non-functional loos, add the upside down toilet in Figment's house.

Zazu

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:21 pm

A British guest once asked me "Where is the toilet?" and I really wanted to answer "In the restroom" but I controlled myself.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."