Public service announcement about single riders lines

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BarryH
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Public service announcement about single riders lines

Post by BarryH » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:10 pm

I just wanted to note that if you enter the single riders line at the attractions that have them, your party will be split up and you will fill in available single seats. I say this because I did the single riders line at USF's Revenge of the Mummy 3 times. At least 3 times, I saw groups of 3 or 4 enter the single riders line, but they all wanted to ride together. The Team Member explained the concept of the single riders line, but the group was like, "Duh, but we all want to ride together! Which way do we go George, which way do we go? Duh!" I wanted to beat thm on the head and go, "Hello McFly, you're in the single riders line! Your group will be split up to fill in available single seats!"

I think those who enter the single riders line and want to sit togther in a group need to be sent to IOA's High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Ride and wait in the 75 minute queue. Then they will know what eternity feels like!

Very few things really grind my gears at theme parks. One thing that really annoys me is people who don't understand the concept of a single riders line and want to ride together. They deserve a flogging!

Thank you. Argh!

The Tao of Steve

1.) Eliminate your desires
2.) Do something excellent in her presence
3.) Retreat

dizneeluvr
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Public service announcement about single riders lines

Post by dizneeluvr » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:40 pm

those SG know perfectly well what the single rider line concept is. they just want to jump the long line and get to ride quicker. they just like you to think they made a mistake and that you'll be obliging and sit them together.

ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ICStupidPeople » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:14 pm

I paid good money for my trip and I'll do what I want....

That seems to be my standard response to logical threads. Please don't confuse me with "rules" like "the single rider line does not guarentee riding together" or "move to the end of the row to make room for those behind you". If they had planned and spent like I did, they wouldn't be behind me to begin with. It's not MY problem they didn't get there faster. :p:

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 pm

Rules????? There are line rules?????

Question--technical.--OT..why is there all that blank space at the bottom of my posts? HELP

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:15 pm

vixen101485 wrote:Rules????? There are line rules?????

Question--technical.--OT..why is there all that blank space at the bottom of my posts? HELP
A lot of blank space occurs when you use the keyboard as a pillow or when you use it to rest you coffee cup on. The enter button is not a toy or a pillow.

People know the rules but often hope the CM will be nice and let them ride together in the same vehicle or even the same row.

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:05 am

Maybe that is why I am not sleeping well at nite. I knew my pillow felt a little lumpy lately HMMM... Seriously tho I dont know why it is doing that. Oh well it will work itself out I suppose

That is almost as bad as a kid swap we did at Hershey a few weeks ago. We were legit and polite and I got the dirtiest looks from a 20 something couple that OH MY GOSH had to wait about 2 more minutes. They were mumbling and this girl has excellent hearing. Turned around and told them "You know you will appreciate the kid swap somedaywhen you have children who are too short and you both want to ride." At least they had the grace to turn red. I love busting ppl who think you cant hear them when they talk about you. Then again they could have been cranky because the coaster had gotten stuck at the top of a VERY BIG lift hill and was kinda stopped for about 15 minutes. LOL A bit embarrasing tho when the kid had to squish my fat belly into the click bar.
The only time I ever used a single rider line was when I went on TT and the other mom who was waiting also to do baby swap with her hubby decided to ride at the same time as me (didnt know her) But it was cool that they seated us together when we told the CM we were both doing a baby swap. Front seat too..very cool.

Floridian
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Floridian » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:36 am

You know the last few times I have gotten in a single-rider line (everest and test track) there has always been at least one or two groups who were under the impression the term 'single-rider' applied to other people but not them. Saw a woman completely guilt trip an Everest CM into letting her and her daughter ride together from the single-rider line by giving a story about how her daughter would just be afraid to ride alone. So glad my attraction doesn't have a single-rider line, FP gives me enough of a headache.

*My first post!! :cool:

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:59 am

Welome Floridian!

:welcome:

I'm sure that you can add many wonderful tales of SG's

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:49 am

Welcome Floridian! I look forward to further examples of how not to act as a guest while visiting Uncle Walt's Playground(s).

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:29 pm

I like the way people insist there should be a single rider line at Matterhorn.

Matterhorn has 4 seats in a train, BIG seats that fit two people one in front of the other like in a log ride. Every single rider is a loss of hourly capacity. So the gain is...? :flush: