ValleyFair! and the Exit Sign

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

ValleyFair! and the Exit Sign

Post by wheelieman » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:08 pm

I have been observing this as a guest this season. My 8 year old loves to ride ValleyFair!'s log flume. I hate the thing. After riding it you feel like you've been beaten up with a baseball bat. So, I let her ride over and over. I wait for her at the exit, sitting on my "ECV". As people leave, they are confronted with 1. A Latched gate that has a sign that says something to the effect of "Handicapped Access Gate Only. Exit-->" 2. A turnstile. The arrow on the Handicapped Access Gate points right to the turnstile, which is 0 inches away. There is NO gap between the two. None. However, 1 out of every 4 guests tries to go out the latched gate. They even stop to read the sign. BUT THEY STILL DECIDE TO USE THE WRONG EXIT! The poor cast members have to constantly yell at people to close that gate, don't use that gate, etc... So.....I park my scooter right in front of the gate when I am waiting. They, the GP, still get a little confused, but the CM's make it a point of actually thanking me for parking there! It relieves some of thier job stress. I believe that this is all part of the "that doesn't apply to me" syndrome we have now. They don't have to wait in traffic because their time is more important that ours. They can let their children take a leak in line because Someone will clean it up. They can just drop their trash and cigarrette butts on the ground because it isn't really their problem. AARRRRGGG!!!!!!!! I wish I had super powers and could put some kind of mark on them that said "selfish bastard" or something.

Enough rant for now.

Dave, pleasantly roasting away in our apartment in MN

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

TREKKINGUY
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TREKKINGUY » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:29 am

come on now, what are you complaining about? we've all had a little too much to drink and "loafed" behind a topiary tree shrub. But really though i think i have something more aggravating. I once was waiting in line to get on a ride at a Major theme park and this guy and his son were in front of me, and every 5 min or so the kid would say "Dad when are we going to to get on the ride?" and the father would say "As soon as we pass the turntable up ahead." JIMINY CHRISTMAS!! i wanted to say something so bad, but i held back. i had to hear it like 11 times.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open manhole and die.-Mel Brooks "

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:27 am

The Dad must have been one of those 12 Oclock Flashers. You know, the ones where every clock in thier house flashes 12 Oclock?

Just a small judgement on my part, thank you very much!

Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW