Child almost dies outside of Pirates due to SG parents.

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Child almost dies outside of Pirates due to SG parents.

Post by bpgstudios » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:41 am

The biggest fallacy in their story: No one actually moves a stroller to a designated area- especially without noticing a kid still in there. They're BSing.

I know pirates is a bit of a hecktic area especially with the pirates tutorial, but how did no CMs see a kid in a stroller for 45 minutes? and how did these parents not notice their kid wasn;t with them throughout the ride? I hope they get it good and send a message out that you need to watch your kids or youll be locked up and your kids taken away for good. This story reaks of BS to me...

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:11 am

They should give psychological testing, as well as I.Q. testing before allowing people to have kids. Problem is, when most of today's parents were growing up, divorce and two-career families were rampant, and parents were buying into the myth of the "self-raising child." These people today never had a proper example of how to be a married couple, and especially how to be parents. Isn't it ironic that right after abortion became legal, child abuse cases soared? Kids were no longer a precious addition; they were a disposable commodity. Thrown away like a burger wrapper. You ask any married couple that's been married 50+ years what the secret to staying in a marriage is, and they'll tell you it's open communication and cooperation--marriage is a team effort, not an individual activity. Much as I love California, there are too many liberals running the place. That's why you have Children's Services being so lackadaisical--they don't have the manpower. Same thing with a lot of overwhelmed institutions. And don't get me started on King/Drew--if the two gentlemen for whom that hospital was named were alive today and saw the mockery of what passes for care at that place, they would demand to have their names taken off the hospital. Can't blame 'em.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:50 am

Meanwhile in Arizona:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/columns/a ... s0627.html

The problem with these state run agencies is that they are short staffed, and they generally do not pay well. Most people would not accept a job with little or no rewards, so what we as taxpayers end up with are people who when they first start who really care. Then they see what they are up against (long hours, little pay) and then reality hits. Which means they end up not giving a damn.

Of course there are exceptions, but I suspect that is rare.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:45 pm

Sad to say,you're right left. Go in with 'starry' eyes and get shot down.It SUCKS. :(

Tiny Tim
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Tiny Tim » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:33 pm

Shorty82 wrote:It's not quite that bad. According to the article I quoted the parents made bail that night and that the kid is with relatives while the Department of Children and Families investigates.

I don't know how DCF operates here in Florida but I hope the parents lose this child and any others they have. If they did this what else have they done?

CPAs that operate like Ca. make me mad. Their job is to keep children safe, even if it breaks up a family. IMO the child's life is more important than keeping the family together.
I can tell you stories about dcf here in my area of fl. The only reason i know is my 2 boys (and in a few weeks my 3 and last are adopted from the state thru dcf) and if i didnt see the BS runaround they give the good people i wouldnt and couldnt belive it. I any body wants a couple of horror stories let me know.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:56 pm

They had a double stroller and 4 kids. Everyone rode so the 3 year old had to be the youngest. Imagine standing in line for 30 minutes and not noticing your youngest kid.

Did the CM miss something when they boarded. If dad assumed that the kid was with mom then he would have said six people. Would the CM call it to their attention that they have 5 people? Two rows they would need for 5 or 6 so they might skip the miscount. During the ride they had to be either in two rows with one parent behind the other, so why didn't they ask where the kid was. If the CM crammed the row then not one of the parents noticed there was only 3 kids.

Manure. Not once in line, not once on the ride did they notice a lost kid. When did they notice then? If I found out I lost something I would be in a panic not calmly walking up to a CM and asking were the toddler is.

They got out on bail. Who knows what will happen but the worst thing would be jail time, court costs, fines and the kids sent to live with relatives. So sad that some people procreate and have kids when others do not. What horrid people.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Well **it hit the fan again.A 3 month girl died in Chandler Az. :( while her dad ran errand for a few hrs. :mad:
Her core temp was 109 :(

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:24 pm

darph nader wrote:Well **it hit the fan again.A 3 month girl died in Chandler Az. :( while her dad ran errand for a few hrs. :mad:
Her core temp was 109 :(
:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

That makes me both mad and sad. Mad at the idiot father and sad at the loss of the little girl's life. I've known for years (I'm only 24 so that's saying something) how stupid it is to leave a little child out in the sun, especially in a car (don't know if the little girl was in a car but assuming she was). Cars become furnaces in the sun, even with the windows down a little bit. It doesn't take long either. Heck, even with the front windows all the way down and the back ones slid open and a windshield shade in place it still gets hot in my van when it's sitting in the sun, just not as hot.

There is never an excuse, NEVER, to leave a baby or little kid by themselves ANYWHERE, especially when not at home.

Neglectful parents p*$s me off royally, more than anything else. The children should be put into foster homes and the "parents" should be forced to suffer in the same way as their child before being sentenced to life to hard labor in prison without parole. For instance, somebody who leaves their child in a hot car should be locked inside a hot car until they are nearly dead themselves. In regards to the original topic the parents should be locked in a stroller parked in the sun for hours. Give them no water or food or anything. When I say life in prison I mean life, as in they don't leave the prison except in a bodybag after dying a natural death or at the hands of other inmates.

If I ever see a child locked in a hot car, especially if they appear to be suffering, I will break a window and rescue the kid even before calling 911. If the "parent" comes back before the law arrives then they will have to answer to me and I will not be kind. Thankfully I never have seen that and hopefully never will.

I hope this "dad" gets the book thrown at him so hard his great-great-grandfather feels it! (I'd say "great-great-grandson" but I hope to God he has no other kids and never will). Same with the "parents" in the original post as the child only survived due to concerned guests and fast-acting CMs and paramedics.

I put "parents" and "dad" in quotes because in my opinion those type of people aren't real parents. Real parents nurture and take care of their children, they don't leave them in situations where they could die. These people are only parents in the biological sense, not in any real sense that actually matters.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Last year we had TWO different morons leave kids in the car with the motor running and the air conditioning on while they ran into a store "for just a few seconds" to buy something. Both cars were stolen. Luckily, the thieves, after discovering a kid on board, left the cars parked under a tree with the A/C running. Both kids were okay.

As Hawaii has no law about leaving the keys in the car, both parents walked with no charges.

There oughta be a law.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:15 am

I told my mother this story and she wondered out loud how a three year old would stay in a stroller for almost an hour. Most kids at age 3 are running around. I hope they have no more kids.