Child almost dies outside of Pirates due to SG parents.

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Child almost dies outside of Pirates due to SG parents.

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:00 am

From the Orlando Sentinel:

Two parents were arrested on child abuse counts after authorities found their child in a hot stroller outside Walt Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean ride, according to an Orange County sheriff's report released Monday.

A Magic Kingdom patron alerted park management at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday after spotting an unattended 3-year-old girl in a stroller parked in the sun

The girl was hot, turning red, covered in sweat and apparently “lifeless,” the report states. A paramedic touched and shook her, but she failed to respond. Saturday's highs were in the low 90s with no rain, and deputies estimate the child was in the sun for between 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Paramedics revived the girl by taking her indoors and giving her water. Deputies said the heat may have become deadly.

“[A paramedic] advised that if medical intervention had not been administered the female child was nearing signs of heat exhaustion with unknown results up to and including death,” the report states.

Parents Juan Carlos and Danette Rodriguez, 35 and 32, approached park workers seeking the girl about 50 minutes later. The couple said the girl was asleep inside a double stroller and got lost in the shuffle as their group of two adults and four children approached the ride, they told investigators.

When they entered the attraction, Juan Carlos thought Danette had their daughter, while Danette thought Juan Carlos had her. Shortly after, Juan Carlos went back outside to move the stroller to a designated area, but failed to see the little girl, he told deputies.

The parents only realized their daughter was missing when they exited the ride.

Juan Carlos and Danette were arrested on one count each of child abuse.

They were released from Orange County Jail Sunday on $2,500 bail each.

Calls to the parents' house were not returned.

The children were turned over to relatives members while the Department of Children and Families investigates.

I'm thankful the child is okay and I hope the parent's have the book thrown at them hard. Their story does not add up, no way a three year old gets "lost in the shuffle" like that. I'm thinking they were idiots who instead of using Child Swap decided to just leave the kid by herself. Even most SGs realize that the Florida sun can be deadly, especially to small children and older adults, and don't leave their kids in the sun!

Miss Stitch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Child almost dies outside of Pirates due to SG parents.

Post by Miss Stitch » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:18 am

Wow...that's awful! :( The poor thing may have some emotional scars and not be able to enjoy WDW in all of it's wonder...that's just so sad.

serin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by serin » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:28 am

I hope the parents pay good for this. :mad:

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:12 pm

Of course there is no rider swap on Pirates or anything else in that area.

What's the next excuse??? :twisted:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:04 pm

Please don't let them be like the Ariz.CPA. Keep the the family together,no matter what the cost.Including the childs life. :(

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:21 am

This story has just hit the news in SOCAL the last 2 days. If FL. is anything like Ca. the poor child will be reunited with her parents as soon as they make bail. :twisted: darph, I've heard Ca. is far more liberal than Az. CPA. :eek: Reunite & keep families together until the child is brutally harmed or killed - then Ca. asks why? What was overlooked? How could this have been prevented? Keeping a family together is OFTEN the actual problem. :mad: This is a very sad thread of park reality!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:58 am

Why in hell do they call it Child "PROTECTION" Services (sorry,not agency),when they "don't"??? :mad:
A couple of months ago,a 5yr old boy was beaten to death by his mother (he was a cute little kid).And all CPS said is "Our files are not open to public scrutiny". (ass-holes)

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:49 am

There have been several cases of child abuse in Colorado that WERE reported to the Child Protective Services and they did NOTHING! Result. Two dead children from two different cases. :mad: In one case the grandmother of the child was the one reporting that her spawn of the devil and his wife were abusing the child by starving him and the agency did nothing. The little boy died of starvation. Why couldn't the grandmother go in and take the child? The son had gotten a restraining order to keep Grandma away because she wanted to take the child from them. I wonder why! The system fails the most helpless again... :( If I was that Grandmother I would go after this agency, tooth and nail! Someone would pay! :hammer: :rollpin: :voodoo: Again another case of taking no brains to create a baby, but it taking alot of knowledge to actually be a parent to the child and that is where many people are sadly lacking. And how about just having a little heart for the little human being that depends on you! They like makin' whoopee, but they are totally unprepared for the consequences and in a lot of cases don't want the consequences! :( These children MUST be protected from their parent's ignorance
This story made me so mad! I am not a parent and never have been, except to furry children, ;) but those babies need protection from THEIR OWN parents! This is the ultimate in cruelty.
Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 am

Main Streeter wrote:This story has just hit the news in SOCAL the last 2 days. If FL. is anything like Ca. the poor child will be reunited with her parents as soon as they make bail. :twisted: darph, I've heard Ca. is far more liberal than Az. CPA. :eek: Reunite & keep families together until the child is brutally harmed or killed - then Ca. asks why? What was overlooked? How could this have been prevented? Keeping a family together is OFTEN the actual problem. :mad: This is a very sad thread of park reality!
It's not quite that bad. According to the article I quoted the parents made bail that night and that the kid is with relatives while the Department of Children and Families investigates.

I don't know how DCF operates here in Florida but I hope the parents lose this child and any others they have. If they did this what else have they done?

CPAs that operate like Ca. make me mad. Their job is to keep children safe, even if it breaks up a family. IMO the child's life is more important than keeping the family together.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:48 pm

They had a segment on Fox News this morning. The baby-sitter was saying what "GOOD" parents these people are. :mad:

Whoops,there goes another monkey. :rolleyes: