Oh no...my parents are SGs.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Miss Stitch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Oh no...my parents are SGs.

Post by Miss Stitch » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Well, first I'm going to say that I'm not quite an adult, so my only real way to get to WDW is to, by some miracle, be taken by my parents. Well, my parents are always bent on my sister's benefit, even if it means putting her up for complete risk of falling out of Space Mountain. Honestly.

My parents bought her big heeled shoes, and when the CM politely told her that she didn't make the cut, they insist that she's "rode thousands of times" while I stay very far away because I'm so ashamed of what's happening. I can't help but think, "Why do you insist on insulting their intelligence? They've probably worked here for a while and have dealt with thousands of guests, it's not like they DON'T know what you're up to."

Honestly...I wish I could convince them to stop.

Also, I'm new here..I should probably make a post more formally than this, but I might as well just say now that I'm Miss Stitch and I love all of you hard working CMs. THANK YOU!

SorcererMickey
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Oh no...my parents are SGs.

Post by SorcererMickey » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:27 pm

Hello, Miss Stitch and welcome. I'm new here myself but certainly no stranger to WDW.

It seems you're growing up to not be a SG, which is wonderful! Next time you go why don't you all get fast passes for the attraction that way you can take your sister's pass if she still doesn't meet the height requirement. Ride once with each parent while the other has a cool beverage with your sister perhaps during a Jedi Academy show.

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:59 am

YAY!

Sometimes I wonder the same thing. Do some of these people not realize that we've heard it all before? No amount of begging, pleading, obvious lying, and/or yelling will get you anywhere. All it will do is piss us off. Luckily I don't work anywhere with a height requirement, but I do have to deal with Fastpass phonies and exit-jumpers at dumbo. Thank you for not being a SG!

Oh, and :welcome:

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

strlnblue
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by strlnblue » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:24 am

Miss Stitch, I work in retail and from my experiences, the parents are almost always worse than the kids. Sometimes, Junior is shocked that Daddy or Mommy are acting half his age right in front of him. Nice standards they set for their kids. No wonder the country is so screwed up. :rolleyes:

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:53 pm

You want a good SG parent story? My mom and I were on Tower of Terror and our elevator was about to be dispatched when her cell phone rang. And guess what? She answered her phone ON THE RIDE! I was yelling at her to hang it up but she wouldn't do it until right when the doors closed for the ride to begin. I'm like, Geesh! I don't care if it's the president of the United States, you don't talk on your cell phone on a ride!

P.S. It was my grandma's caretaker on the phone.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:05 pm

disneyprincess1988 wrote:You want a good SG parent story? My mom and I were on Tower of Terror and our elevator was about to be dispatched when her cell phone rang. And guess what? She answered her phone ON THE RIDE! I was yelling at her to hang it up but she wouldn't do it until right when the doors closed for the ride to begin. I'm like, Geesh! I don't care if it's the president of the United States, you don't talk on your cell phone on a ride!

P.S. It was my grandma's caretaker on the phone.
Was Grandma okay?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tacoboy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:28 pm

Oh Miss Stitch, you are not alone. My folks get irate at part time workers at lens crafters because they can't adjust their glasses when doing so would be a violation of the union. This was explained to them and they FLIPPED OUT!

*sigh*

I wish I had contacts.

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

JustSomeGuyTN
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by JustSomeGuyTN » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:29 pm

disneyprincess1988 wrote:--She answered her phone ON THE RIDE! I was yelling at her to hang it up but she wouldn't do it until right when the doors closed for the ride to begin. I'm like, Geesh! I don't care if it's the president of the United States, you don't talk on your cell phone on a ride....
Particularly that ride. A loose cell phone on that ride could seriously hurt somebody.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:16 pm

I would assume your parents are perfectly normal, nice people most of the time, right? Keep that in mind as you deal with them and watch their antics when you are here. Depending on your age, perhaps you can get away from them for a bit for a break and go visit some attractions on your own. I know how it is when your parents turn SG... my mom has that tendancy herself. Just keep in mind what they normally are when away from a place like Disney World. If they have stressful jobs, sometimes they don't know when (or sometimes how) to [/stressmode]. Unfortunately, we live in a society on the North American continent that thrives on the stress of the people in it, and people are so willing to succumb to that stress. Take this as a lesson that your parents don't even realize they are teaching you.

Next time you find yourself on your way for a vacation, try to talk your parents into going for a couples massage before they leave or something. If your dad likes to go fishing, see if you can talk him into going out and doing that a couple days before you leave.

Walt Disney understood this principle, and that's why he designed the Magic Kingdom so the only way a guest could get there is by Monorail or Ferryboat, both designed to take you out of your own world and into his. In today's world, seven minutes just isn't enough.

Now, granted, there is the issue in your case of them getting upset over your brother's height not being enough. Unfortunately, that's one of those things we can't help with, and whether your parents choose to see that is really up to them. If you're more than five years younger than me (26), then your parents come from a slightly different era than even mine, where they were taught the world should hand them everything on a silver platter, and even if they don't actually believe it, that train of thought is bound to get into their brains once in a while, and when they go to a place where we promise a perfect world like Disney World, they often unknowingly and inadvertantly return to that train of thinking. In fact, that's why so many in our generation(s) are insolent little brats that expect everything on a gold table. I call my generation the most intelligent idiots to ever walk the face of the planet. Judging from your post, you are probably one of those wise enough to look around and understand exactly what I am talking about.

I hope that helps the next time you are at Disney World, or at the store, or wherever your parents take a moment and fail to realize their brain is sitting on the table where they picked up their keys. All you can do is be patient. They will return to their jolly old self soon enough.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:19 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Walt Disney understood this principle, and that's why he designed the Magic Kingdom so the only way a guest could get there is by Monorail or Ferryboat, both designed to take you out of your own world and into his. In today's world, seven minutes just isn't enough.

Would that have been before or after he died?
:confused: :p: ;)

:goofy: :goofy: