Guest Abuse Of A Cm 6-11-07

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Guest Abuse Of A Cm 6-11-07

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:23 pm

[font=Palatino Linotype]Yesterday while waiting in line for the carousel we saw a young girl still astride one of the horses after everyone else was off...she began to cry for her mother...outside of the carousel there was a woman frantically calling for her daughter...it didn't take long to figure out these two belonged together...just why the little girl was still on the attraction alone i have no idea...but the attendant (i don't know if we can use real names here so i won't...i'll just say that i believe i've heard there's only one other person who has worked at dl longer than he has) called out to the woman (and so did we) that her little girl was still on the carousel and he directed her to the exit to be able to get in to get to her to remove her from the horse...the woman went in with a horrible attitude and began yelling "you mean there's no one here who could have gotten her down?" "well, ma'am, we're not allowed to touch the children"...more yelling from the woman, but she was turned away from us and i couldn't hear her..."ma'am, you're daughter should have had an adult with her on this attraction, she was too young to be on it alone (it turns out the little girl was 4 yrs old, but looked much older...she was huge for 4)...i nearly called security when i couldn't find an adult" (he should have called security)...more yelling from the woman as she walked away from him and waving her hand in the "talk to the hand" gesture...

i just couldn't believe it! i have never seen anyone so rude...the poor ro was just there giving someone a break and hadn't been there when the people had boarded the carousel...there was only one thing to do...we went to City Hall and insisted that they take a report (which they very reluctantly did until we said we would also follow up with emails) just in case this woman went to report the cm...we don't want our cm's to be treated in such a fashion...it was so uncalled for especially when it was the fault of the parent in her failure to PARENT... :mad:

then i looked for the signs that used to be up in fantasyland that said
"Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult", but i never saw any...what happened to them?
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

LucyintheSky
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Guest Abuse Of A Cm 6-11-07

Post by LucyintheSky » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:14 pm

Ugh, that's terrible. And I'd be willing to bet that if the poor CM HAD tried to get the child down himself (he couldn't have, I know, against policy, I'm just saying) that woman would have come screaming at him that he was touching her child.

Some people just love to scream at the CMs who have done nothing wrong. It stinks.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:27 pm

That CM was lucky to have a guarding angel as no doubt that mother probably reported him. CMs are not supposed to help guests onto or off of rides. Guest do not understand that CMs cannot do things because of insurance, government laws and/or Disney rules.

I feel sorry for the poor kid who has to put up with a mother like that.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Good for you Elena.I'm glad you spoke up to this "lady" And going to City Hall. That's a crock of beans,what she did. I'm going to start doing this,standing up for the CMs when they DO NOT deserve most of the B.S. they have to put up with. :mad:

(I want to thank churchy for cleaning up my language,damn it) :rolleyes:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:04 pm

darph nader wrote: (I want to thank churchy for cleaning up my language,damn it) :rolleyes:
Remember that anything I can do you can do better except for burping. I now will ponder how I got you to clean up your language especially when I can cuss pretty strongly.

McGintoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by McGintoy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:53 am

mechurchlady wrote:CMs are not supposed to help guests onto or off of rides.

Unless you're working on the Jungle Cruise ;)

Sorry, had to play Devil's Advocate on that one :D:

Switchbeam 9
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Switchbeam 9 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:21 am

This is proof that even though there are some nutty people out there, that 99% of the guests are awesome!

I have had someone go off on me like that, and to fellow cast members as well. Always in that situation, it is smart to call a manager with a witness long before that SG has a chance to even get to Guest Relations. The CM's story has a lot more credit if it was reported prior to a guest complaint.

Great to see folks looking out for the CMs! That is what makes the magic!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:02 am

[quote="McGintoy"]Unless you're working on the Jungle Cruise ]
I meant as in picking up a person. If you have MS then do not expect a CM to carry you into a ride or to help you out of your chair. They can move the chair out of the way and they can hand you your cane when you get off but no lifting.

CMs can offer a hand to steady a guest getting into boats for example.

McGintoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by McGintoy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:11 am

Haha, I know what you meant, I just had to live up to my reputation of disagreeing for no apparent reason, lol.

If I ever see a fellow CM attempting to lift a child for any reason, I'm going to yell, "Stay in your Green Zone!" :p: CMs should get that one.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:10 am

My back was messed up back in about 1977. I lifted an Akita and it went grabbed for a table as I was turning away from the table. 30 years of intermitant pain and a disintergrating disc is what I got for picking up an 80 to 100 pound dog.

It may seem harmless to pick up a 40 pound disabled kid or help lift someone from a wheel chair but the long term damage could be like mine. Not sure about the laws but I do know it is not worth the years of pain and suffering.