Why do they stop?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Why do they stop?

Post by Buggy » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:40 am

Hey there,

I admit it. I am a "guest." I've never really worked at an amusement park of any kind, although I've been "backstage" at a couple. And I'll be visiting DLand this winter.

I admit to being a clueless guest. I kind of understand our breed, and I'm hoping to learn by example what not to do. I know why we ask stupid question, but can someone please please please tell me why people STOP WALKING in the middle of a crowded pathway for no good reason? You're walking along, trying to take it all in, and the people directly in front of you just stop impeding traffic, making no effort to move to the side or anything. Why? Why? Why?

And kudos to you folks for taking all of our stupidity and staying there with a smile on your face. I could never do that! I'm serious here; I really do appreciate your hard work and patience.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:28 pm

Haha, that's a good guest trick. By noticing that, you are instantly far and above the "typical" guest. We do a lot of bashing on this board but keep in mind, this is human behavior we are commenting on. The same stuff happens at convenience stores in timbuktu I am sure.

The way to keep from commiting a Stupid Guest Trick is all a matter of using common sense.

Welcome!

:pbjtime:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Why do they stop?

Post by Freak » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:29 pm

Buggy wrote:......I know why we ask stupid question, but can someone please please please tell me why people STOP WALKING in the middle of a crowded pathway for no good reason?

Dah! I hate that, especially over in Adventureland near Indy. It seems that area is "Standing Room Only." Everyone just stands there like a moron. I love it even more when the people just walk right through a conversation. (Say I'm standing with someone, and someone just goes inbetween us) I especially hate that. Think we could get a motion for all CMs to carry cattle-prods to keep the guests moving? :lol:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Old Crow
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Old Crow » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:32 pm

I too have experienced this in the Indy area and it really makes me mad. I usually end up running into this person and if it's a small child, down they go! I usally end up telling them what they were thinking and walk over them. Another thing that really pisses me off at DL is strollers. Garah! I hate those things. Busy days around Orleans and Indy suck when you have stroller grid lock. I know most of Disneyland is for the young but you are basically adding one more persons space to the park with those things. I see all those things parked up and I just wana throw em in the ROA. Ok, rant over. I guess I get a little bit of the "Disney Queue/Path Rage" going at time. I always keep it to myself unless confronted. Really people, please be more considerate with those things.

SRC Photography - Photographs of Californa's Amusement Parks and more!
[font=Arial Black]"Dead men do not ride rollercoasters." -CSI[/font]

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:59 pm

The front of Indy is the worst place to drive an ECV through, esp if you use the "red key." It's like one massive sea of bodies that never moves. I think the cattle prods would be a good idea. As for throwing a stroller in the RoA, I'm sure you're not the first one to think of doing that.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

GuyFromTheBigSplashyRide
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Location: Westside Attractions...We've got the river and the wait times... take that Tomorrowland!

Indy Gridlock...Moooooooooooooo

Post by GuyFromTheBigSplashyRide » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:26 pm

SRT_GB wrote:The front of Indy is the worst place to drive an ECV through, esp if you use the "red key." It's like one massive sea of bodies that never moves. I think the cattle prods would be a good idea.
Heh... whenever I go through there I always follow behind the crowd making various barnyard animal noises. Trust me, people will start wanting to get out of you way. :D You also have to remember, cattle prods would have no effect on the average guest. If you tried, most of them would just stare distainfully at you and then demand something free for the inconvenience of stopping them.

I like tacos.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Re: Why do they stop?

Post by VonSeegs » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:49 pm

Buggy wrote:can someone please please please tell me why people STOP WALKING in the middle of a crowded pathway for no good reason?
I thought you were going to ask why the buggies at the ghost house stop when you're in the middle of the ride. I think i had to answer that like 20,000 times today!

As for the cattle prod... My best friend came up with the GREATEST of all ideas. If a guest gets to the point where you want to tell them off and you don't care if you lose your job, you give them a 15 minute time out. How you may ask? By allowing each and every CM to carry a stun gun. Guest gets up in your face- POW! They're on the ground and you say, "You've got a time out mister!"

Vance likes ham.

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Moooooooooooooooooo

Post by Space Man K7 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:40 am

I'm with VonSeegs with that one... Cattle prods would be the way to get them to move! Well, then there's always yelling "Get out the way, bitch!" but that's not very disney, now is it?