the guest who has made me the maddest....

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

the guest who has made me the maddest....

Post by tacoboy » Wed May 16, 2007 1:43 pm

So, I'm in my store. A guest (female,14ish, however she has more facial hair than I do) is looking at the available merch (aimed at little kids) and says to me
"Ya kno, the stuff you have here is pretty gay"
(nicely)"I dont know, I like the stuff i sell"

and then.... the bomb dropped

"are you gay?"
"no"
"are you sure? cuz you kind of seem like you are"
(smiling in my best CM voice) "Have a GREAT DAY!"

There were several things that made me mad.

1. She told me that what i sold was gay. This pissed me off on two levels, one. using gay as an adjective is highly offensive and two. i take pride in what i sell and i can;t believe she would have the gall to say something like that to ANYONE who works here.

2. I am a hetero however, i am fully endorsing of other lifestyles and beliefs. I am a supporter of marriage for EVERYONE and i think everyone shoudl be treated equally. This guest calling me gay was a below the belt kind of hit. Saying something like that to a COMPLETE STRANGER! I wonder how she acts around her friends (if any) and family.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Opinions?

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

crystal_crtr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: the guest who has made me the maddest....

Post by crystal_crtr » Wed May 16, 2007 2:11 pm

I hate the term "That's so gay" or any dirivative of it. I think that it shows exactly how stupid this SG is. One day she will say it to someone who is gay. That person will be infuriated with her and beat the stupid out of her. :duh: My husband used to use this term quite often. He stopped after I beat the stupid out of him. Not that I'm gay I just hate that term.

june1st1997
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by june1st1997 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Who raises a kid to believe that is an acceptable way to act? What kind of house are you living in when you think it's ok to speak to another person, much less an adult that way?

What is the matter with the parents?

Tacoboy: Did you see the parents? Are you thinking overprivledged euro trash, maybe Paris Hilton in training, Paris wanna be in training?

I'm guessing teen girls are probably the worst when it comes to comments like that.

I'm guessing the "gay" thing is peer situation. She probably has no idea that it is offensive... which of course it is.

Her parents probably do not have enough respect for her, the people around her or themselves for that matter to set their child straight. Or maybe they are intolerant bigots.

No doubt after a little laser hair removal our "princess charming" will end up on Girls Gone Wild... and I bet her dad brags about it.

Bottomline... I think CM see the best and worst of humanity on a daily basis.

tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tacoboy » Wed May 16, 2007 3:22 pm

well, she was sans parents. she was with another person her age though (who didnt talk)

thanks you both for your kind words. (more than "princess charming" will ever say)

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

Scamp
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Scamp » Wed May 16, 2007 4:21 pm

Perhaps she was just trying to fix you up with someone special.

Ansem
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ansem » Wed May 16, 2007 7:42 pm

was this today or a few days ago? Did the girl have dark hair?

Still A Proud member of MRG. :evil: :twisted:

Yeah. Buzzer beater. Take that you stupid duck!

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Wed May 16, 2007 9:07 pm

june1st1997 wrote:No doubt after a little laser hair removal our "princess charming" will end up on Girls Gone Wild... and I bet her dad brags about it.
No. If she made the cut for Girls Gone Wild, her parents would be shocked, SHOCKED, that their "little girl" would do something like that.

Then they would attempt to sue. :rolleyes:

june1st1997
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by june1st1997 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:34 pm

Leftcoaster:

I could see that... But I thought that assumed they had more class than their child demonstrated.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed May 16, 2007 9:41 pm

Taco boy,I can sympathize. A few years ago myself and 3 other people were trying to load a 1200lb glulam 'back' onto my truck by hand. They weren't that heavy 30yrs ago. things are not going so good. So this asshole asks me if I'm gay? I looked him square in the eye and said "Yes,I'm a hardcore lesbian,trapped in a mans body" Stupid dick. :mad:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu May 17, 2007 12:42 am

At a kid friendly site's chat room there are strict rules about sex and sexual orientation. Someone was chided for calling lame stuff gay like "My gay keyboard is not working" and her response was that everyone in her area said that. I also hate the term retarded. If a product does not work then it is because you were to cheap to buy something good, the thing wore out, or other reasons like cheap batteries.

I do not like that people will say Gay or Retarded to discribe things.

The guest assumed that since you defended a gay product that you were Gay. The guest obviously was on somethng or was a total brain dead loser. Do not let them offend you. There is a lot of people out there with opinions that are full of hot air.