annoying deli people

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

annoying deli people

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:29 pm

For those who don't know, I work part time in the deli section of a convenience store. Lately I have been getting so irked by customers in there that I decided to compile a list of rules for them:

1. Tapping your card repeatedly on the counter will not get my attention. I will purposely ignore you until you stop.

2. Do not get an attitude with me when I charge you for extra meat or extra cheese. It is clearly written on the menu that you will be charged for these things.

3. Please speak up when placing your order. Being able to actually hear what you are saying helps me immensely when I make your sandwich.

4. On the same vein, do not rattle off your order at a mile a second. Speak a little more slowly so I can understand what you want.

5. If you do not see a sandwich ingredient on the deli counter, we do not have it so don't ask for it.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: annoying deli people

Post by hobie16 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:39 pm

Do you Poupon their sandwiches? :confused:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:46 pm

do not get upset when they put black pepper on your sandwich instead of jalepeno or bell pepper or vice versus. Seen that done. I wish people standin line before me would be very clear on what they want.

At Subway people have to be asked what bread then explained what breads are available. Then they still have not made their mind up on hot or cold sandwich and what meat. Where is the cattle prod?

A while back I was in line with a family and it was "Junior what do you want" then that part of the order is put in. Then "Missy what do you want" then that part of the order put in.

You are brave to work in a deli. It can be a test of my will power to not wap hard someone who makes me wait while they take their bleeping sweet time ordering.

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:34 pm

hobie16 wrote:Do you Poupon their sandwiches? :confused:
I wish I could.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:23 pm

disneyprincess1988 wrote:I wish I could.
dp1988, I was so hoping you would respond with this. LOL Perfect!!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:40 pm

Or people that take forever at something like McDonalds. Seriously, it's f'n McDonalds, the menu hardly changes, especially at breakfast! I know one day I'm going to snap "Just order the friggin Egg McMuffin meal already and get out of my way!"

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

PirateGirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PirateGirl » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:21 pm

How about the people that take forever to pay? They dig through their purse for ther wallet, then their checkbook, then they have to find a pen, they slowly write the check, slowly fold and tear it so it's absolutely perfect, and finally hand it to the cashier. And did I mention the crap they pull out of their purses while searching for their wallet? Don't you just enjoy finding out what other people's candy, tissues, pills, lottery tickets, cigarettes, and about $20 in change looks like? :banghead:

~Why is the rum always gone?

~Whoever said, "Dead men tell no tales" have obviosly never worked as a forensic investigator

~Savvy?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:21 pm

How about the nitwits at a bridge toll booth that have left their purse in the trunk? Why is it in there?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:58 pm

hobie16 wrote:How about the nitwits at a bridge toll booth that have left their purse in the trunk? Why is it in there?
I hate that. I've been caught behind people that have all their stuff and wallets in their luggage in their trunk at the MK toll plaza. SOOOOO annoying when noone else will let you merge into their lane either. :mad:

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?