I wish I were a princess...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

I wish I were a princess...

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:45 pm

Disney chose a bridal shop with roots in Gainesville to be the first to offer a line of bridal gowns based on Disney characters.
Solutions Bridal Designer House in Winter Park will be the first store to carry 35 gown designs based on characters like Cinderella and Snow White as Disney enters the bridal market.

Newell Fox opened the first Solutions Bridal in Gainesville at 6450 Archer Road in 2002 and opened the shop in Winter Park 14 months later.

Fox quoted Disney officials as saying they get 83,000 requests a year for some type of fairy-tale wedding - "everything from pulling up in Cinderella's horse-drawn carriage to the low-end."

Winter Park customers often buy a gown and "go right over to Disney and get married," he said.

Disney officials declined to comment Wednesday, citing an exclusive news arrangement they have with the Wall Street Journal.

But Fox said Disney contacted him after visiting the Winter Park shop. Solutions Bridal's Web site describes the shops as having "a New York loft feel with a Miami vibe and Southern hospitality."

"It's very clean, very open, very modern and we carry the best names as far as bridal labels and bridal designers in the country," Fox said.

Another store will also carry the new line near Disneyland in California.

The Disney line will be introduced during the annual New York Bridal Market Week on April 15, Fox said. Disney will then host a "trunk show" staffed by Solutions Bridal at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort before the line is offered through the store in late April or early May.

"I think it's a great opportunity for us," Fox said. "We're very honored to be selected by such an illustrious company like Disney."

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: I wish I were a princess...

Post by BirdMom » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:29 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:Solutions Bridal Designer House in Winter Park will be the first store to carry 35 gown designs based on characters like Cinderella and Snow White as Disney enters the bridal market.
They really are trying to tie up every possible market from cradle to grave, aren't they? I honestly see the day that Disney logos are included in the linings of coffins for the "true" fan. *sigh*

Have to say the wedding gown thing isn't all that new though - the year EuroDisney a.k.a. Disneyland Paris opened, I remember seeing a feature in a French bridal magazine that had the models posed throughout the park wearing dresses and styled to look like the various characters. I think the magazine commisioned French manufacturers to come up with the dresses for the shots, and they were very princess-like and fluffy, but so is most of the cheap stuff on the bridal market these days anyway. As the line goes in Four Weddings and a Funeral, "she looks like a merangue."

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 pm

I thought you were a princess?? Kinda short (your words,not mine),but a princess none the less. ;)

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:59 pm

Let's not forget: TWDC Fantasy Funerals ;)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:37 pm

Polar33 wrote:That's actually not a bad idea...I know of a few people who would much rather go for a Disney themed funeral than a Disney themed wedding. ...
That could be a great place for them to play that "Kingdom in the Sky" song!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:15 am

Awww, darph! That's so nice of you! Yep, I am a princess in my own way!

Polar, my dear, was this directed at me?? :giggles:

That's actually not a bad idea...I know of a few people who would much rather go for a Disney themed funeral than a Disney themed wedding.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Look out kids, I've got professional Disney villians for my mourners! Can you imagine seeing Maleficent, Cruella, The Evil Queen, Ursula, Chernabog, Captain Hook, etc. following my casket to its resting place? And I'll be sure to have the 3 hitchhiking ghosts engraved on my tombstone. "Hurry back, hurry back...I'm just dying to have you.."

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

brad
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by brad » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:20 am

you mock, but it's not that far off. the KISS Kasket was just the top of the iceberg. check out http://www.eternalimage.net . they have all the MLB teams signed up, but i'm putting my money on the precious moments collection

brad
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by brad » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:20 am

you mock, but it's not that far off. the KISS Kasket was just the tip of the iceberg. check out http://www.eternalimage.net . they have all the MLB teams signed up, but i'm putting my money on the precious moments collection

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:23 am

LittleDollClaudia wrote:
That's actually not a bad idea...I know of a few people who would much rather go for a Disney themed funeral than a Disney themed wedding.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Look out kids, I've got professional Disney villians for my mourners! Can you imagine seeing Maleficent, Cruella, The Evil Queen, Ursula, Chernabog, Captain Hook, etc. following my casket to its resting place? And I'll be sure to have the 3 hitchhiking ghosts engraved on my tombstone. "Hurry back, hurry back...I'm just dying to have you.."

Now you guys have me thinking. Hubby and I do fireworks and we've talked about having a scattering of our ashes with fireworks when it's our time. We could have it set off to the music from "Wishes". ;)

Brayon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Brayon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:04 pm

[quote="techie-13"]Now you guys have me thinking. Hubby and I do fireworks and we've talked about having a scattering of our ashes with fireworks when it's our time. We could have it set off to the music from "Wishes". ]

Or along those same lines... Have them shot out of the cannons on PotC. I've always have told people that I wanted to be creamated, and have the ashes scatered over water. I think PotC will do.