Parenting at its finest

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Parenting at its finest

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:47 pm

This story comes courtesy of a friend of mine.
My friend asked a kid to not sit on the queue ropes at the Stroller Shop. We do this all the time since the queue ropes break easily, or sometimes people will sit on a rope that's attached to a rollaway pole. The kid's mother yelled at my friend, "Don't yell at her, you're scaring her." She started cussing at the cast member at the register, and he asked her to stop using that kinda language since there were children (including hers) around. She went on cussing him out and ended up complaining to our general lead. The general lead told her that the cast members were just doing their job, making sure people don't get hurt, etc. Her response: "Well it's obvious you're not going to reprimand him so get out of my face." Next thing we heard she got kicked out of City Hall because she wouldn't stop cussing.

Which brings me to my point: Wasn't she complaining because we were scaring her kid?

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:02 am

Remember this: you have to pass a test to drive a car. There are NO tests for prospective parents. wtf?!?!?

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson

PoohBunniesHutch
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PoohBunniesHutch » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:41 pm

And yet, those who want to adopt have to pass rigorous physical, psychological and financial tests in order to remove a child from foster care and the welfare system....

And then there are parents who give birth, but must not pass any requirements

Go figure. How sad for the many, many children who need a home. And for those children in the homes of an abusive parent....

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Parenting at its finest

Post by Latasian731 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:02 am

SRT_GB wrote:This story comes courtesy of a friend of mine.
My friend asked a kid to not sit on the queue ropes at the Stroller Shop. We do this all the time since the queue ropes break easily, or sometimes people will sit on a rope that's attached to a rollaway pole. The kid's mother yelled at my friend, "Don't yell at her, you're scaring her." She started cussing at the cast member at the register, and he asked her to stop using that kinda language since there were children (including hers) around. She went on cussing him out and ended up complaining to our general lead. The general lead told her that the cast members were just doing their job, making sure people don't get hurt, etc. Her response: "Well it's obvious you're not going to reprimand him so get out of my face." Next thing we heard she got kicked out of City Hall because she wouldn't stop cussing.

Which brings me to my point: Wasn't she complaining because we were scaring her kid?
LOL...I remember that!! Our poor CM's always get yelled at!! See if that kid WOULD have fallen, it would have been our fault!! Remember the guests are always the victims!

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:32 pm

Last weekend, we had a regional volleyball tournament at the convention center I work at. (There's another one this weekend too.) Anyway, while Mom & Dad are very involved in what their junior-high & high school age daughters are doing in the tournament, they are completely oblivious to what the younger brothers and sisters are doing. We had some very bored kids dismantle some handrails, others that were sliding down the hand rails (and using the escalator to go back up) and my favorites, the angels that were playing chicken with the hotel valets down in the parking garage. If you managed to get a hold of one of the kids and took them to the parents, you were more likely to get yelled at than the kid. :roll:
"Oh, I'm sorry Johnny broke that, but he got hurt, so now we'll be suing you because your employees should have seen that he was in danger and stopped him. They really should have been watching better."

Tim Gaines
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Tim Gaines » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:32 pm

You know, hind sight being 20/20, I think if that happened to me, and it certainly did when I worked at Autopia, I wouldnt take it. How effective a simple, "Silence." can be... but of course, at the time none of us would say that because we don't wanna get fired, as "Silence" could be taken as BEING RUDE, although we need to grab our ankles while a guest cusses us out, right? Sadly, yes. I've been thinking about working at Disney part time when I get out of the Army, just to rekindle some old friendships, then quitting as soon as I am happy with the ammount of friends Ive made - but BEFORE I go, the FIRST guest who goes off on me or my friends will get their OWN ass-chewin, and a professional one too - from none other than the likes of an Ex-Military Policeman. :D I know my cuss words.

Terrible Tim
Ex-Disneyland CM [2000-2001]
HISTA, AUTOPIA, FP, GC
Now a Military Police officer...

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:41 pm

i have to tell you, we have called childservices or the police on several occasions because we observed what we concidered childobuse or child obendonment.
here's one of the stories:
i was in the gr lobby, when this woman with her 3 kids came in. none of them were fluent in english, not that that matters much...
she complained that her stuff doesn't fit in any of the lockers. i told her that i can't make any promises but the kennel might be able to help her out. she sayed she'd be right back, mumbled something in spanish to her kids and took off. i yelled after her but she was going too fast and i couldn't leave because i was by myself. so there i was, stuck with 3 kids, between 4 and 11 years old, running havvock in my lobby. as much as i yelled at them to calm the f** down, they didn't understand me.
okay, i sayed to myself, 10 min and she'll be back from the kennels.
after 40 min i got bumped to lunch and the kids were still there.
my lunch breaker asked about them so i told her the story.
when i came back from lunch the police was there arguing with the mother.
as i later found out she had decided to put her stuff back in the car in mickey and friends and grab some lunch on the way back.
she then claimed to the police that i offered to watch her children. she was fined and got a court date. after the police was gone she demanded to speak to my supervisor.
as he came out she pointed her fat finger in my face and sayed "watch out for that bitch, im gonna sue her!"
so right in front of me to shut her up, she got her tickets refunded, a few re-ads and an appology for the time that she had to spend arguing with the police, that my collegue had called on her because she just wouldn't come back.
live was good that day. i er'd so i wouldn't kill anyone!
but ya, we have called police a few times for child obendonment.
parents seem to think that disneyland is 85 acres of free childcare.
I HATE THAT THOUGHT!

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:43 pm

At the hotel I manage we get tons of people come on the weekend and have birthday parties. We always have them sign a nifty Party Policy that says in it that they will be charged if they disturb another guest and we have to make a refund to the upset guest. Think they ever read what they sign? NOPE.

So just about every weekend, when I get an irate guest yelling at me about how the kids in room 636 were running up and down the hallways at midnight and playing ding dong ditch, I politely apologize, refund their money and tack it onto 636.

Invariably the guest will FLIP out. "It's a birthday party, of course they are going to be running around the hotel at midnight!"

Oh really? Is that what you let them do at home? Run around the neighborhood at midnight, knocking on people's doors? NO? THEN WHY WOULD YOU LET THEM DO THAT HERE?????

Then I show them the policy they signed.

:twisted:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Mr 13
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Mr 13 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:17 pm

I know what you mean like the saying guest leave there brains at the Gate. :)

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:43 am

well weeble i have a question for you then. after you showed the guest that they had signed such paper, did they calm down and pay up, or did they try and tell you that you tricked them into signing something they have not read thru.
that's mostly what annual passholders do. they come and complain about something and then you show them it's policy and they signed for it when the signed their annual pass contract and then they try and tell you that noone has ever explained to them what they actually signed and then we are supposed to feel sorry for them and make it all better.
question for everyone: when you give someone $500 of you hardearned money, don't you even read the fineprint????

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?