Unattended Items

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Unattended Items

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:36 pm

Why should guests get mad at us when we move their stuff that they left behind to save their spots for a parade, show, or fireworks??

Why should guests get mad at us when we had to cut their lock to lock their strollers onto a pole, railing, or rope??

Aren't we suppose to call security to report any suspicious packages left behind??

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Unattended Items

Post by Alyssa3467 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:38 pm

I would. Just like at an airport. You have no way of knowing what that unattended bag contains.

Coastercameron
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Coastercameron » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:35 pm

I work (as all you Disney CMs do) at one of the top terrorist targets in the country. Unattended bags, jackets or even strollers are a huge concern for our security department. Usually if they spot one, they close off the area and have the bomb sniffing dog come up. Huge overreaction IMO, but at least it makes them feel better.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:51 pm

If they could afford it,Disney should bring in the bomb squad. Have them blow up the item in a portable blast bunker,then return it to its original spot with law enforcement tags. :D: That'll teach um. :twisted:

shorty1219
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shorty1219 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:33 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Why should guests get mad at us when we move their stuff that they left behind to save their spots for a parade, show, or fireworks??

Why should guests get mad at us when we had to cut their lock to lock their strollers onto a pole, railing, or rope??

Aren't we suppose to call security to report any suspicious packages left behind??
I took pleasure in calling security because it taught the guest a lesson and it got me out of my area for enough time to get my head straight again.

One time I was in the Star Wars store (Rebel Base) in the Star Trader. Someone left their loaded camera bag on the ground in front of my register. I told someone else to go get the manager. I asked her (the manager) if we should call security for it. She walked over to it and KICKED THE CAMERA CASE enough to where it moved a couple of inches. She said "No." This was in front of my register that I was still standing behind. I was like "Geez (manager's name), warn me next time so I don't get blown up in the process!

*I didn't include the managers name because although she doesn't work in TL anymore, she still works at the resort (I think) and people here might know her.

~[font=Comic Sans MS]Rebel Justin[/font]~

[font=Tahoma]It started with a mouse...it ended with management.[/font]
[font=Arial]CM Tenure: 1/11/2003-5/30/2006[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:53 pm

Holy s**t, that was'nt real bright of her. Off topic,but one the first things my dad taught me (when driving) is 'never' run over any thing in the street. If you can help it. A buddy of mine saw a bag in the middle of the road,and proceeded to clobber it with his truck. It was full of beer bottles (empty). He shreded a $175.00 tire. :eek:

Panther007
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Panther007 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 am

if i were working at Disney then i would call security for each bag or left item that was left unattended for more then 5 minutes

i visited every park in WDW and they never checked the bottom of my moms fannie pack, how do they know there isnt a bomb or bomb parts in there or even a gun

i could have easily brought a gun into the park or have tossed a bomb in the Rock N Rollercoaster (or on small world!! :D: :D: )

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:30 am

Panther007 wrote:i could have easily brought a gun into the park or have tossed a bomb in the Rock N Rollercoaster (or on small world!! :D: :D: )
Why does this remind me of Dwight Schrute from The Office...? ("Security in this office park is a joke. Last year I came to work with my spud gun in a duffel bag. I sat at my desk all day with a rifle that shoots potatoes at 60 pounds per square inch. Can you imagine if I was deranged?")

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Rosie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Rosie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:53 pm

Panther007 wrote:i visited every park in WDW and they never checked the bottom of my moms fannie pack, how do they know there isnt a bomb or bomb parts in there or even a gun
For the record I am not a deranged terrorist or a nut case. But if I were, I would not carry a bomb, bomb parts, or weapon in any item that can be easily search. Hello... the items would be carried on or (sick as this sounds) in the human body. Fot the most part I think the bag checks are made to make the general public feel safer.

Rosie

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:37 pm

I used to work in a secure building a few blocks from the US Capitol. Every person entering had to put everything they were carrying though an x-ray and go through a metal detector. If the MD beeped they would first ask you what you forgot and to try a second time. Then they would do a wanding.

Because of my particular position I was on the Agency's Computer Security Committee.

My comment, about the Disney "screening", is: "For people who know nothing about Security, this is Security; For people who know anything about Security this is harassment. Many of the WDW Security Officers agree with me on this.