HO HO HO! Now Get out! (Merry Christmas Y'all)

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: HO HO HO! Now Get out! (Merry Christmas Y'all)

Post by Notatourist » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:51 pm

Hey there-

Speaking as a Florida Native, I resent that Dumbass remark. Then again, we are talking the same dumbasses that thought he is their character in the first place.

Shame on them.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:19 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:My point was and is that someone said that Santa is a Disney character. I'm sorry but I have a problem with that scenario, okay?
It sounds like you need to watch some cartoons. Specifically, "Santa's Workshop" (1932) and "The Night Before Christmas" (1933). Those were definitely Disney cartoons, and Santa was clearly a character in them.
Have a Merry and remember Santa is watching you!
He's not just watching, he was checking in this morning!

Gotta love those regulars.

Zazu

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:48 am

Notatourist wrote:Speaking as a Florida Native, I resent that Dumbass remark. Then again, we are talking the same dumbasses that thought he is their character in the first place.

Shame on them.
Team Dumbass means Team Disney. In other words, park administration. I call them Team Dumbass whether or not they're TD Florida or TD Anaheim.

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:03 am

Using that logic Zazu, that would mean that Hitler is a Disney character too! As well as Laurel and Hardy, Greta Garbo, Clark Gable and a slew of Hollywood greats from classic movies. :laughs: :twisted:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:37 pm

LittleDollClaudia wrote:Using that logic Zazu, that would mean that Hitler is a Disney character too! As well as Laurel and Hardy, Greta Garbo, Clark Gable and a slew of Hollywood greats from classic movies. :laughs: :twisted:
Yup! :D: It's what the Main Street cast calls "Disney Logic". It's perfectly self-consistent, it just doesn't make any sense!

Oh, and about "Team Dumbass"? Y'all do know that WDW management no longer occupies the Team Disney building -- they've all moved to the morgue because of the better security there.

Zazu

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:31 pm

People say Coke Cola invented the american version of Santa with thier artist. this is in thier history.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: I can't believe no one has posted this yet!!

Post by leftcoaster » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:43 pm

WLStephanie wrote:I'm here at the World, Left, the whole story was on the local news more than a week ago. Based on when the story aired, my bet is that it was the same night I saw him in the restaurant with his family a few weeks ago. He wasn't in my section, but I went up to him and bantered with him as if he were Santa. Santa has to eat, too. Maybe he had a craving for grilled turkey.

I'm telling you, Left, if it was this man, I'd laugh and tell my kids they'd better be good 'cuz he's everywhere. And yes, I have kids. Ages 2, 4, and 10. I wouldn't let them go home with him. I probably wouldn't let my kids sit on his lap, but I might even appreciate him going along with it a bit if my kids asked if he were Santa.

And he didn't say he was banned, he said that he was asked to leave.

Plus, he's not just some random guest, he's well known by CM's and management alike. He's eaten in my location twice in the last 3 weeks.

This is being made bigger than it really was, I'm sure. Santa probably overreacted. It's not unheard of for a manager to overreact, though, is it?
Exactly. I do not doubt your word. You have seen him in person. I have not.

Of course, you bantered with him. You knew it wasn't Santa, and you are an adult and felt safe.

But you wouldn't let your kids sit on his lap, eh? Why? I thought you said he was harmless ?

What did he tell the reporter ? "Yea, they asked me to leave, and they probably banned me too." (not saying that was it, but what he might have said.)

Never said it was. Bottom line: Maybe the reporter over-reacted. And that is also not unheard of either, right ? ;)

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:08 pm

drcorey wrote:People say Coke Cola invented the american version of Santa with thier artist. this is in thier history.
Actually, the modern American interpretation of Santa Claus/St. Nicholas comes from Clement Moore's poem "A visit from Saint Nicholas," and the illustrations of 19th century American cartoonist Thomas Nast.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:26 pm

CBeilby wrote:Actually, the modern American interpretation of Santa Claus/St. Nicholas comes from Clement Moore's poem "A visit from Saint Nicholas," and the illustrations of 19th century American cartoonist Thomas Nast.
but the image is from Haden Sunblom. (can't spell right now)

dudspizza
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by dudspizza » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:15 am

I saw this picture in someone's signature on the DIS. Is this the guy?

Duds