one city hall special, please!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

one city hall special, please!

Post by tourbunny » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:39 pm

ahhh another pleasent day in city hall. it is always amuzing to see what excuses poeple come up with to get the special assistance passes. most teens ask for a birthdaysticker first because that is so cute the we just cant resist to throw in an sap with that. we call it the city hall special "sap and a birthdaysticker , please!"
anyway, today took the cake in dumb excuses.
lady (cradeling her 9 year old boy):"can i get a front of the line pass please?"
me:" who is it for?"
lady:" my 9 year old son here"
me:" what type of assistance does he need?"
lady (holding his ears shut):" we just had to put his dog to sleep last night. he is not really emmotionally ready to stand in line for 2 hours!"
me :( :bang: )" uhhhhm, it wont prevent you from standing in line, ma'am."
lady:" just gimme the $#%^ pass i know you are not able to refuse it to anyone!!!!!"
well, lemme tell ya i put a hex on that pass. may bad carma hide in her backseat on the way home!
what a stupid excuse to get that pass.

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

Fritter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fritter » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:33 pm

I think it's stupid when people are too lazy to wait in line when they're physically capable of doing so. I just think it's bad karma to do that.

*standing at the cotton candy cart in front of the castle*
Guest: One hot dog please.
Me: "........."

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:02 pm

Wow, emotionally unable to stand in a 2 hour line eh? I've had a death in my family (grandparent), and that night I could be seen standing in line for the Mansion. Obviously a dog must be MUCH MORE emotionally painful to have put down :roll:. But then this is me, I'm used to death.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Morrigoon
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Morrigoon » Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:17 am

So today this guest walks up to me, holds out an SAP and says, "I have this pass that's supposed to get me to the front of the line, where do I go?"

I replied, "Well, actually sir, that's a pass to get you into the special assistance line, and that's up our exit."

Okay, doesn't sound as biting as it felt, but then way he said front of the line, like it was some special privilege and not an accommodation of special needs just rubbed me the wrong way, so I couldn't resist reminding him it wasn't a "front of the line" pass.

There are no stupid questions.... only stupid guests.

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:45 pm

that is usually what we say to them in city hall when they ask us for a "front of the line pass" we just tell them that we dont have such thing and just stare at them what they say next. most of them are teens anyways so they figuer their little scam did not work and walk away with their heads down.
it frustrates the #$%^ out of me if people dont even say hallo or answer to our fake smile and two part greeting, they just throw the doctors note on the counter and dont say anything or just go "6 people!"
i just stand there and stare at them until they notice and then they either say i am rude or finaly say what they actually want.
and then there are the truly cute ones. when i ask them who the pass is for, needing to write down a name, their answer just is "it's for my cousin". after about 2 minutes of dead silence they ask me what the hell is the matter with me, i just answer that i was trying to channel in on guessing the cousins name.
mostly we all get a laugh out of that, all staff that is...

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

PoohBunniesHutch
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PoohBunniesHutch » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:10 am

I have to use a SAP. I boke my back in two places last year and have permanent nerve damage and paralysis in my left leg and no sensation in my right leg. I'm in a wheelchair sometimes, and sometimes I have a really good day and can use a cane, but for a very limited time. I am limited to only a few good hours a day and the SAP pass helps to make my time as DLR as enjoyable as someone who isn't in constant pain as I and able to be mobile. It reallly irritates me to see those groups of teenagers and families with no apparant disabilities now clogging the SAP line. I don't ever expect to get front of the line priviledges and am very grateful for the SAP. With SAP lines longer than some standby lines, I worry that because of a few frauds *actually many now) the SAP wil be revoked. And that would be a shame for those who really need it!

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:12 pm

PoohBunniesHutch wrote: With SAP lines longer than some standby lines, I worry that because of a few frauds *actually many now) the SAP wil be revoked. And that would be a shame for those who really need it!
It's usually obvious to the experienced eye just who does and doesn't need an SAP. It's just a shame that certain managers have caved to the demands of people who don't have an honest need for assistance and who feel entitled to jump most lines I used to look at the bottoms of peoples (usually teens) shoes for wear to see if they really needed a wheelchair. Comeon - no crutches or casts - no obvious sign of ill health? Who do they think they're kidding? Especially the ones who look rather muscular in the legs if they have the gall to be wearing shorts...

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:55 pm

Maybe I'm just ignorant about the issue, but why do people get a pass for having Attention Deficit Disorder? Doesn't that just mean the person is hyperactive? So it may be hard for them to stand in line, but why would that be a reason to bypass the line? It's not like it'll damage them in some way to stand in line. All kids hate standing in line, and are often hard to control.

Old Crow
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Old Crow » Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:20 pm

Like I've said in the past, the people handing these things out need to grow a spine and start inquiring why these people need such passes. Is it that they don't want conflict in their lives and cave too soon?

SRC Photography - Photographs of Californa's Amusement Parks and more!
[font=Arial Black]"Dead men do not ride rollercoasters." -CSI[/font]

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:35 pm

Yeah, but someone already posted that their management doesn't allow them to ask questions or deny a pass. It's a management decision.

I think the policy will stand until enough people complain about it, as they'll weigh the complaints for giving too many passes against those against giving too many passes.