Oh look a rope! Oh well!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ucfsweetie82
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Oh look a rope! Oh well!

Post by ucfsweetie82 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:03 pm

SG today at AK
My friend and I were waiting for Nemo the musical to start. We got in line about 45 minutes ahead of time and let into the theater about 20 minutes to showtime. We found good seats behind the VIP section, and watched people file in. Many people asked about the VIP section in front of us which was blocked with ropes, but CMs told them that section was reserved. Ten minutes before the show starts a man comes down to the VIP section unlatches the rope himself and waves the rest of his family down to him. Unfortunately, the CMs weren't paying attention.

I would love to ask the SGs what gives them the right to drop any rope regardless of what it is there for, because many are for their safety. People drop ropes at GMR all the time when we are at one line and the preshow is at every other loop, and then give us this shocked look when we tell them they just let themselves out of line.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Oh look a rope! Oh well!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:54 pm

EXACTLY!!! People think that ropes are there for decorations!! To make things look pretty!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:38 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:People think that ropes are there for decorations!! To make things look pretty!!
This is odd as I've never seen a pretty rope. Well, not a "pretty" rope except at Mass or a wedding. I agree DLRDan, there is something magical abt our DLR ropes in the eyes of our SG. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:23 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:EXACTLY!!! People think that ropes are there for decorations!! To make things look pretty!!
You mean their NOT. :eek:
(ooo,look at the purty fireworks. those are the twinkling lights in the trees,dufus) :rolleyes:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:55 pm

Main Streeter wrote:This is odd as I've never seen a pretty rope.
True, but some ropes are prettier than others. Finishing ropes is an under-appreciated art form.

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm the one responsible for re-making the queue ropes at my attraction, why do you ask?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:13 pm

I think the crushed velvet red ropes are pretty. As for guests dropping ropes that could be lazyness or maybe they just hoping not to get stopped. Still thnk that the ropes make good swings, jungle gyms and seats.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:14 pm

Aaah Haaa, So you're the 'evil' culprite. :twisted:

xstechbabe
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xstechbabe » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:29 pm

heh...Well yesterday I got so mad I told some peopel to go allthe way down and this old lady was like THAT FAR? and I said yes...go the 20 ft... and i look and Grandma is climbing over it. I lost it and turned and said. CAN YOU FOLLOW DIRECTIONS? WHAT DID I SAY? IF I WANTED YOU TO GO THAT WAY DON'T YOU THINK I COULD HAVE TOOK DOWN THE CHAIN FOR YOU?

So yeah...chains should be stopped...jsut make eveyone fend for them self at the door...and then when they ask why just tell them casue you cant pay attention...

Scott45
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Scott45 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:13 pm

Did the CM's ever kick them out of the VIP area?

:confused:

Scott45

ucfsweetie82
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ucfsweetie82 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:36 pm

Nope they got to sit there......it just made me mad. If the ropes are there obviously you aren't supposed to be there.
I absolutely hate it when people think the ropes or rules are for everyone but them, if I worked that show they would have been out of there.