Space Mtn. at the future Hong Kong D-land

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Space Mtn. at the future Hong Kong D-land

Post by BirdMom » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:05 pm

Won't say how I heard about this, but the next Disney theme park, Hong Kong Disneyland is getting a way-cool version of Space Mountain. Person I spoke to saw this huge amazing meteor that will be shooting through the middle of the loop that will be part of the track - it will look as if it's about to collide with the sled as it's going through the loop. Just the fact that it's actually going to have a loop - well, it looks like there's going to be a Space Mountain that will actually be scary!

:pbjtime:

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:22 am

I would absolutely love to go there to train it. That means that I'd have to go back to the one at home though. Eh... I've got a year to decide.

Vance likes ham.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:35 am

I've heard too much to actually figure out what Space Mountain is going to be like now. First I hear that SM at HK is going to be a clone of our SM, and we're getting the same SM as HK is getting... So does that mean we're getting a loop? Or is everything all topsy-turvy and backwards? Or is SM in HK going to be the same as ours? :shock: gahhh :x ::falls over confuzed:: I'm done trying to figure out what the hell is going on with this...I'm just going to sit back and wait to see what our SM is going to look like.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:35 am

Our Space is going to have a new track, although, it will still be the same ride path. Instead of a hollow track I believe it's going to solid, either that or it's still going to be pressurized but much thicker than before. I honestly really haven't cared that much to find out for sure but I could for ya.

There will be new digital effects on the ride, some nostalgic ones. What's really going to change is the station. We'll get station gates (yuck), I think they're going to try to work in some kind of transfer table deal like the Matterhorn, and yes, they want to put in some kind of ADA rocket where we will load the guests in that and then transfer it onto the track. Hopefully we won't break down so much. We're also getting new rockets with new sound equipment. We had the test rocket and was testing it nightly for DOSH. We were supposed to get it to run with guests some time in May but, as y'all know, we closed a little earlier than planed.

So basicall, instead of cheesy 70's style it's going to be cheesy new century style. But the new effects should be cool. There's no loop going in though. Nowhere near enough room in the building. And I believe HK will be getting ours. The Imagineers did a lot of studying at ours here.

Vance likes ham.

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Space 2005

Post by Space Man K7 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:25 am

Oooooooo so the excitiment that is Space Mountain... that would be great to go to Hong Kong and train.. and I'd do it in a heart beat. I was lucky enough to get a couple of sketches for the new space accepted by WDI... generaly my concourse design is trying to be implimented, and they took my station design and improved it... I'm really excitied about that. I'd love to see it in concrete. The one downfall to going to Hong Kong, would be the fact that they eat all parts of the Chicken... Not a fan of original, or extra crispy head and KFC!

The water is green for a reason
Not quite sure what that reason is,
but it's green for a reason Kids!

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Space 2005

Post by Dante101 » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:17 pm

Space Man K7 wrote:The one downfall to going to Hong Kong, would be the fact that they eat all parts of the Chicken... Not a fan of original, or extra crispy head and KFC!
Ah... c'mon! It's so tasty!

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Post by Space Man K7 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:50 pm

The above photo... now that just plain wrong and inappropriate, but it's just like a car wreck... I just can't seem to turn away! HELP ME!!! I'm getting sucked into the extra crispy chicken head

The water is green for a reason
Not quite sure what that reason is,
but it's green for a reason Kids!

Fritter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fritter » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:37 pm

hehe

i can look at that thing, but can't imagine eating it.

*standing at the cotton candy cart in front of the castle*
Guest: One hot dog please.
Me: "........."

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:33 pm

Well, I heard something interesting about when the Imagineers from WDI went to sign off on the meteor...and this was before the accident on Thunder. While they were in the facility, it occurred to them that this 30 foot wide meteor with all it's spinning and gyrating effects might have a strong propensity of breaking off whatever it's mounted to. It could very well hit part of the loop or fall onto another part of the track causing all kinds of hell. So now, even though the shell is finished, they're having second thoughts about putting it in the ride. If they could come up with a holographic effect that looked realistic, I think they'd install it in a heartbeat.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by VonSeegs » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:36 pm

I remember they were testing some kind of digital effect where when you were coming off of the last lift there were 2 projections of meteors and they came closer and closer and hit and exploded right as you were taking the first turn. The effect was at a baby stage so it looked really corny but after everything was done you could tell that it would have looked RAD. There was also a sound effect that went with it and they played it a couple of times and had it been in sync with the crashing meteors it would have been really scary.

Vance likes ham.