Universal Studios Part II

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Universal Studios Part II

Post by Guest Relations King » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:05 am

Part II

--------------------------

Some people thought, even after we told them, that the landing at the top of the Starway was a stroller parking lot...Between all of the telescope things and it was amazing what people would leave there in their strollers: wallets, jackets, food, cameras. Then one time one of the managers moved all of the strollers to the unused queue area of the vacant theater next to the Starway and of course when everyone came back up the Starway, accused us of losing all of their personal property.

When I worked at the Starway, I would keep a bunch of maps in my back pocket because every day I’d get asked for like 20 or 30 of them....one day one guy pulled one out of my pocket then when I jumped cause I thought someone was stealing my wallet he says "I just wanted a map!"

Same thing happened at Waterworld, although it happened every day because people parked their strollers in front of the "NO STROLLERS" sign between the bleacher sections, and we'd spend the 10 minutes before the show started moving all the strollers to the wall. A guy started verbally assaulting me for losing his stroller with all of their personal possessions instead of looking for it, while his wife found it, where we left it, along the gate.

It was always great when we would make the speech to the people sitting in the wet zone at Waterworld, that the whole area, to the back wall, is going to get soaked...and that they still have time to move to dry seats. So they'd move one row back.

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:12 am

Why not have your buddy sign up and tell us himself?

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Guest Relations King » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:29 am

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:16 am

:shock:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:28 am

Guest Relations King wrote:My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.
Amazing. You've just described the communication between management and the workers!

HippyChic
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by HippyChic » Tue May 04, 2004 9:11 pm

Guest Relations King wrote:My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.
Wow! He changed species!? That's amazing! :lol:

"Nothing is funnier than unhappiness." - Samuel Beckett

Love has no opposite

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed May 05, 2004 12:31 pm

Dante101 wrote:
Amazing. You've just described the communication between management and the workers!
Magic Kingdom only began this means of communications after they laid off all the pigeons.

Zazu

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Universal Studios Part II

Post by DLSweeper » Mon May 10, 2004 5:28 am

Guest Relations King wrote:Part II

When I worked at the Starway, I would keep a bunch of maps in my back pocket because every day I’d get asked for like 20 or 30 of them....one day one guy pulled one out of my pocket then when I jumped cause I thought someone was stealing my wallet he says "I just wanted a map!"
Welcome to my world. :bang:

I hate it when people try to get into my pouch without my permission.

It's like: Dude! I carry personal stuff in there along with company stuff. Do I go into your child's bag or your wife's purse grabbing pens out? :throw:

Just another annoyance of people who have no care for personal property...

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon May 10, 2004 10:39 am

Where I work at we keep the guidemaps in a phone box. One day a guest went in there to get a map, and then tried to make a phone call, and got mad at us when the phone woudn't go out to an outside line to he could make his call. :bang:

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

happy ap
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Universal Studios Part II

Post by happy ap » Mon May 10, 2004 11:04 am

DLSweeper wrote:
Guest Relations King wrote:Part II

Welcome to my world. :bang:

I hate it when people try to get into my pouch without my permission.

It's like: Dude! I carry personal stuff in there along with company stuff. Do I go into your child's bag or your wife's purse grabbing pens out? :throw:

Just another annoyance of people who have no care for personal property...
:twisted: If you carry radios...stall the pick pockets with some lighthearted CM informative speech :wink: then call security over to arrest the theif :!: