Cruise Line Stupids

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Cruise Line Stupids

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:49 am

Zazu wrote:That's ZAZU!

Now please be quiet, this aspirin bottle is making far too much noise already. :oweye:
Never misspell his name, lol, I knew that would wake him up.
I thought you would prefer 'hair of the dog".
They put cotton in aspirin bottles for two reasons, to keep the bottle of aspirin from rattling and secondly for shoving in the ears of hung over people. Wait how do you shove cotton in the ears of a bird?

StephM
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by StephM » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:52 am

Yay! I have one! I probably have more, but this one was a biggie.

I was on the 1/14-1/18 Wonder cruise. So me, cousin 1 and cousin 2 are up on Deck 4 wandering around (we were very fond of the Shutters staff and the DVC rep). We decided to head foreward for some cocktails, and as we were going through the Atrium, I saw the SGs.

SG1-Dad......putting his probably 2-3 year old princess on the pedestal with the Ariel statue. The one that is barely big enough for a kid butt.

SG2- Mom....Holding the camera.

Now, not only is there a sign that says "DO NOT CLIMB" on the statue, which, granted, maybe SG Dad thought meant "DO NOT CLIMB, BUT IF YOUR IDIOT PARENT SETS YOU ON HERE, IT IS OKAY" but after he set Princess up there......HE WALKED DOWN THE STAIRS AND STOOD NEXT TO MOM TO SEE THE PIC ON THE CAMERA PREVIEW SCREEN.

He left his little girl on the pedestal with her feet probably 4 feet off the ground and surrounding by a MARBLE floor, while he stood far enough away that had she fallen, he would have gotten over there just in time to see the blood.

We watched for a few to see what happened next, but they took her down without incident.

Not only would this have gotten an SG nod from me under normal circumstances, but this was the first night and the ship was rocking and rolling pretty good.

jlowejd5
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jlowejd5 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:00 pm

Just got back from our fourth cruise. This one was chock-full of dumb. My three favorites:

1. The family of four-year-old "Randall" (names changed to protect the overwhelmingly stupid). Randall decided it would be fun to stand on his chair during one of the shows and block my view. Randall's mom spent ten minutes trying to yank him down by the arm (nearly dislocating it several times), then got bored wtih parenting or distracted by the shiny costumes and blinky lights. Randall's family also went on the 7-hour excursion to see the Tulum ruins. What fun for a four-year-old. 3:30 of travel time to see 1000-year-old buildings. But then we got a good look at the parents, and we're pretty sure they were dipping into Randall's meds. They just looked stoned.

2. The woman who, every time we saw her for the entire 7 days, was having something explained to her by a CM. Now, I think DCL does a great job of describing what's going on on the ship, but "Belinda" was always a day late and a KTTW card short. We think we finally figured it out. She's one of those people who only reads the first half of an event description, makes up the rest of it in her head, and then can't figure out why what she's seeing doesn't match what's in her empty little head.

3. The guy at the midnight dessert buffet who was using his son as a pack mule. Now, I like me some desserts, don't get me wrong. But this guy was out of control. He had taken a full piece of cake from about a dozen different flavors. On top of that, he'd stacked another dozen little snackie things. Then he handed that plate to his 10-year-old son, and started to fill up another bucket. His wife and daughter were right behind, making up their own plates. I would say, conservatively, that the four of them ended up with no less than 35 separate dessert items. WTF, people?

That said, my hat is off to the DCL CM's. I mean jebus, they're doing aerobics at the 8:15 character breakfast, they're trapped on a ship with 2700 lard-assed white people, they work for 8 months straight with no days off, and yet somehow they end up smiling and taking care of us.

Thanks to you all.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:07 pm

jlowejd5 wrote:The guy at the midnight dessert buffet who was using his son as a pack mule. Now, I like me some desserts, don't get me wrong. But this guy was out of control. He had taken a full piece of cake from about a dozen different flavors. On top of that, he'd stacked another dozen little snackie things. Then he handed that plate to his 10-year-old son, and started to fill up another bucket. His wife and daughter were right behind, making up their own plates. I would say, conservatively, that the four of them ended up with no less than 35 separate dessert items. WTF, people?
Were they, by any chance, overweight?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

jlowejd5
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jlowejd5 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:23 pm

hobie16 wrote:Were they, by any chance, overweight?
No, and that's what ticked me off!! I'm fatter than they were, and I got one piece of cake and a little chocolatey-orange thing that just...ooh, drooling again...sorry...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:05 pm

jlowejd5 wrote:Just got back from our fourth cruise. This one was chock-full of dumb. My three favorites:

1. The family of four-year-old "Randall" (names changed to protect the overwhelmingly stupid). ...
GREAT stories, and all too common, but... why exactly do you want to protect the stupid??? :confused:

Besides, my last name is Randall. :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:39 pm

BRWombat wrote:GREAT stories, and all too common, but... why exactly do you want to protect the stupid??? :confused:

Besides, my last name is Randall. :rolleyes:
Hmmm. Transference??? :cool:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:43 pm

No, he's a marsupial. He's protected from being an idiot.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:04 pm

Yet another use for the marsupial hand cream!!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:20 pm

jlowejd5 wrote:...On top of that, he'd stacked another dozen little snackie things. Then he handed that plate to his 10-year-old son, and started to fill up another bucket. ...
Okay...I'm confused now. Granted, I don't have any, but I thought that was the whole point of having kids! They're a combination tax break, pack mule and caddy (at least when they get old enough to know the difference between a driver and a pitching wedge)! :D:

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics