Cruise Line Stupids

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Cruise Line Stupids

Post by Zazu » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:44 pm

I'm cruising aboard the Disney Wonder this week, and I've been keeping a sharp eye out for new and unusual forms of guest stupidity for you.

Well, maybe "sharp" isn't the right word to describe my eye. I *have* been consuming massive quantitites of alcohol....

Yesterday's shore excursion provided the first example I've seen worthy of mention. The excursion was a bus tour of the island of Barbados, with a half dozen stops. SG climbs aboard the bus with his wife and kid -- and a big double-wide stroller that he's not all that sure how to fold.

Okay, it was a bit of a trek from the ship to the bus. But does he stow the stroller and carry his wee tot the 20 feet or so to each view point?

<Come on, let's not see the same hands all the time!>

Yes, that's right, he drags it off the bus, assembles it (right in front of the door so others are blocked inside, of course), puts the kid in, and spends perhaps thirty seconds rolling over to the edge of the cliff and back. Then it's folding time (again in front of the door) and back on again. <sigh>

I hope they charged him double. After all he *did* take up two seats!

Yeah, not all *that* stupid, but I'm guessing the *really* SGs haven't yet found out how to get off the ship. :rolleyes:

Now if y'all will excuse me, there's a fru-fru drink with a little umbrella in it that's calling my name....

Zazu,
Aboard the Disney Wonder, and wondering quite a bit!

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Cruise Line Stupids

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:48 am

Sound like you are having fun. You need to check out buffets for the stupid guests who man handle the food and expect you to eat the damaged food with their finger prints on it. Watch out for the 2 ton Bessies who will talk about how they should stick to their diet while scarfing down half the desert cart. Should be some fun stupid pin traders there you could report on.

Please send a souvenir like a pin autographed by the captain, Churchy slaps forehead and sighs at thoughts of stupid pin traders.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:07 am

This has got to be a occupational hazard for you folks. Instead of enjoying yourselves,you are on the lookout for "idiots". :D: Hell of a way to spend you're vacation. :(

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:38 am

On my trip to Encinitas I was looking for stupid guest tricks. I do not work for this site but have now some really good dumb things or annoying things. I think Zazu is having fun in the ship's bars and eating places checking for stupid guest tricks.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:22 pm

darph nader wrote:This has got to be a occupational hazard for you folks. Instead of enjoying yourselves,you are on the lookout for "idiots". :D: Hell of a way to spend you're vacation. :(
Can't speak for Zazu, but I imagine it could be enjoyable -- spotting SG's that he doesn't have to cater to since he's off the clock!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:31 pm

2 whole days and no reports from Zazu. Poor Zazu must be worn out from studying the bar scene for stupid guest trips, what a brave trooper to do that for us.

Hoping to hear from Zazu soon.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:37 am

Sometimes the internet connections on those ships can be spotty--satellite, obviously. I once asked him a question and he replied, saying he was on the Disney Magic and that reception was spotty. Maybe no news is good news. Perhaps he's found so much guest stupidity that he's busy writing it all down before going online with it.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:58 am

I think that based on his post recently read that he was working on quality control in the bars of the ship. Poor thing is probably too hung over to post. I just came home for a two night trip and now have for two people 4 loads of laundry to do and just caught up with some chores so it is possible that he just has not had the time to post.

I know how to get him to post. ZASU wake up.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:22 pm

mechurchlady wrote:I know how to get him to post. ZASU wake up.
That's ZAZU!

Now please be quiet, this aspirin bottle is making far too much noise already. :oweye:

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:45 pm

Zazu wrote:Now please be quiet, this aspirin bottle is making far too much noise already. :oweye:
Did you get a visit from the hangover fairy? Which land is she from?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.