Directions

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Directions

Post by Guest Relations King » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:54 am

Ah, the wonders of the Guest Relations Phone Room!

A recent call I had:

Me: Thank you for calling the Disneyland Resort, my name is ********, how many I help you?

Guest: Yeah, Hi. Can you tell me where you are located?

Me: We are in Anaheim, Ca. Where are you coming from? I can give you directions.

Guest: Well my daughter is on her way to your park and she's lost.

Me: Do you know where she is at?

Guest: She is on Ball Rd.

Me: What freeway did she use to get to Ball Rd?

Guest: The 5 freeway.

Me: Disneyland is right at the 5 freeway and Ball.

Guest: No it's not. My Daughter exited the 5 freeway at Ball road. She turned left on Ball Rd. She is now on Ball. Which way is she going?

Me: I'm sorry Miss, I don't know which direction your daughter is heading on Ball Rd. If she exited the 5 freeway at Ball, the park is right there. Our property borders the 5 freeway and Ball Rd.

Guest: Oh. Well my daughter exited the 5 freeway at Ball Rd. and now she's lost. How does she get there?

Me: Where is she on Ball Rd?

Guest: I don't know. I have a doctor’s appointment that is at Ball Rd. and the 5 freeway, and I've never seen Disneyland there.

Me: It's near the corner of Ball Rd. and the 5 freeway. Harbor Blvd. is near there too.

Guest: Ok.

Me: Does your daughter have a cell phone?

Guest: Yes.

Me: Why don't you give her our number, so she can get directions from us first hand?

Guest: What's the phone number?

Me: 714-781-7290

Guest: Thanks!

Me: Thank you for calling the Disneyland Resort and have a nice day! (NOTE: 2 part ending for our shoppers!)

Guests like this frustrate me!

Hello to Plaidtink all our watching MEGS and LP units! (o:

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:20 pm

It's always great when people tell you you are wrong about something you are absolutely correct about, such as your own address. It's like "Pardon me maam, let me go outside and check the location of Disneyland real quick.......Thanks for holding, well I just checked and we are still located between ball and katella on harbor boulevard. Thanks for calling!" CLICK

:pbjtime:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:19 am

Yeah... I had a similar experience. We found a baby bird lying on the ground at the DTD Monorail station, looking injured, so we called animal control to come take care of him. The person I talked to didn't seem to have a clue where Downtown Disney or the Disneyland Resort was (this was OC Animal Control, mind you), and I ended up having to give explicit instructions on what exit to take, how to find the DTD parking lot, and then how to get to the monorail station from there. Like you said, I don't know how you could live in OC and not at least know what exit you take for Disneyland.

That incident gave me an amusing thought: "Hi, animal control? I'm calling from the Disneyland Resort. We seem to have a massive rodent problem, and I was wondering if you had any suggestions. No, there aren't a lot of them, they're just massive rodents. Well, mice mainly. No, nobody has been bitten yet, but they keep accosting guests and forcing them to take photos. No, I don't think they're rabid." and so on.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:34 am

Oh keep going DOUG!!!! lol!!!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:28 pm

Polar33 wrote: To this day none of us know how the heck you can work in Anahiem and can't find Disneyland.
Maybe the delivery guy got shanghaid by the parking lot crew...

Of course, he could have been newly arrived from Baja or somewhere deep in Central America...(no prejudice there...just an observation - and I'm a native Spanish speaker)

:roll:

Guest Relations King
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Guest Relations King » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:02 pm

tabacco wrote:Yeah... I had a similar experience. We found a baby bird lying on the ground at the DTD Monorail station, looking injured, so we called animal control to come take care of him. The person I talked to didn't seem to have a clue where Downtown Disney or the Disneyland Resort was (this was OC Animal Control, mind you), and I ended up having to give explicit instructions on what exit to take, how to find the DTD parking lot, and then how to get to the monorail station from there. Like you said, I don't know how you could live in OC and not at least know what exit you take for Disneyland.
If I'm not mistaken, Circle D on property handles situations similar to the one explained. You might try them first next time.

My buddy left his job at Universal and fled in exile as a neanderthal to live in the Cayman Islands....He's cut himself off from all technology. He sends his stories in Aramaic on crayon written 3x5 cards sent by pigeon.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:19 pm

Guest Relations King wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Circle D on property handles situations similar to the one explained. You might try them first next time.
They do...we found a baby bird at the top of the road between Harbor House and Space...Circle D came out for the poor little critter before s/he got run over. :cry: