Grad Night Memories!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
scottca075
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Grad Night

Post by scottca075 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:29 pm

Some of my weirdest experiences happened on Grad Nights..... On Autopia at Back Bridge I'd bust half a dozen kids a night toking up, same on Skyway (with the added excitement of a used condom!) Also on Autopia we'd have to scour the bushes for hidden liquor, same thing in the Sub Caverns.

There was the kid hyped up on PCP who went for a swim in the motor boat lagoon and I had to swim and and get him and turn off the boat so the prop didn't chop him up.

And of course the night I was on Skyway when the People Mover became the people eater..... oh yeah, loved those crazy Grad Nights!

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:32 am

ooOOooo, I want to hear more about the People Eater please!

:pbjtime:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:46 pm

you probably remember the lady who sued the park because she claimed that her daughter got pregnant on the People Mover (Dragger). I knew one of the old leads over there who was wishing that the stupid monitors had video recording so that we could replay the tapes with this stupid woman and her money-grubbing lawyer...can't you just picture the conference? "OK, ma'am, could you please point out the exact moment in the ride when you think that conception occured?" :shock:

BB Blueyes
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Ahhh...Grad Night

Post by BB Blueyes » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:48 pm

I only worked 1 out of the 6 years of Grad Nights I was there. I wasn't scheduled, but someone needed it off. I agreed to do it, not really knowing why, but hey I was young, and it was approved.
At about 1am after watching 6 security officers tackle some kid on PCP, which was the highlight of the evening, my lead figured out that I was a minor and shouldn't be working. They told my supervisor and I ended up staying. We all snuck over to the Premier Shop and would catch kids having sex in those huge phone booths or disconnect their phone calls.
Finally, I went home by choice a little early, walking down the hall of shame to my locker room. The hall was were they put the kids who lost the park priviledges, but had to wait until the night was over. Where do they put those people now?

That was the 2nd year I was there. I was never scheduled a grad night.

Righthander
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Grad Nights

Post by Righthander » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:16 pm

I worked plenty of Grad Nights in my 4 summers, most of them on Pirates. My first one was on Mansion, though, not long after I started and was first trained. My first trip down in the ER I gave the spiel and everyone just lit into me with hoots and hollers and misc. badgering. The phone rang on the way down and it was the lead saying that I didn't have to give the spiel on Grad Nights, just take them down. Thank God! Sadly, most of my other Grad Night memories involve watching Stevie B. on the River Stage three times a night while on Pirates.

Guest: "What's that pile of bird crap lookin' thing in the middle of the park?"
Me: "Uh, that would be the Matterhorn."

Flautist
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Flautist » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:13 am

I remember one very interesting grad nite... It started like they all do on Pirates, wild kids, pot and beer. There was one couple who came in toward the end, so it was slow enough that we ended up giving them their own boat. By the time they got to drop 1, they were fully going at it. My friend who was in the tower thought it might be fun to give them a little extra time at drop 2. So she hit the stop. Well, they weren't expecting the boat to stop and they lost their balance and fell over. It was the funniest thing I ever saw.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:31 pm

Ohhhh - that's a good one (wish I'd thought of it while I was still there!!!)

BTW, I wouldn't advertise my location if I were still an active employee. Please note the warnings over at the Cast Communications forum...

cathoswolf
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by cathoswolf » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:10 am

I worked 3 grad nights in the 9 months i was there in 2000-2001. I thought it was funny to be called "The Trenchcoat Mofia" while doing GC at the front gate then Going over to castle/goofy bus. I was happy for the 1 hr really eairly breakfast break. I also loved wacthing the kids falling asleep on main street and having to wake them up, just so I could go home and sleep for 4-6 hours and then come all the way back for my book/ fantasmic shift. God I loved the OT Pulling 2-3 shifts in one night. :D

"Please keep walking, if ya wanna see Fantasmic get under the rope."- my fave line when working walkways durning Fantasmic.

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:32 pm

My favorite grad nights consisted of me being the lead and cycling empty rockets until the kids were quiet enough for 1)us to be able to hear each other so we could keep the ride up, and 2)them to be able to hear the quiet speil that I was giving telling them that if they didn't bring the volume down we were going to have to shut down.

I've always wanted to work one grad night on mansion just so I could get on the PA and say "stop boning please." I think that would've been neat.

Vance likes ham.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:18 pm

PLEASE KEEP HANDS AND ARMS OFF OF YOUR DATE'S BOOBS AND BAJINGO AT ALL TIMES PLEASE.

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com