Grad Night Memories!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Grad Night Memories!

Post by Weeble » Fri May 30, 2003 11:29 am

*Weeble wobbles over to the schedule board and finds his name*

GRAD NIGHT!!! WHY THE HELL AM I WORKING GRAD NIGHT!!@ OH FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST@#$ WHERE ARE THE SHIFT CHANGE FORMS!!

Ahhh yes, Grad Nights. They were fun if you played your cards right, but man, that was a long shift full of annoying kids.

My favorite memories were of course the infamous grad night spiel on JC (which you can read in entirety on the Hijinks Website) and also, all the sex and drugs and drinking and general debauchery that occured throughout the park.

Pirates was a particularly fun attraction during Grad nights, what with all he humping and pot smoking. I even heard tell of some uncouth cast members who decided to take flashlights down to the area right before the jail scene where it's very dark. When pot smokers would come by, they would shine the light in the kids faces and confiscate their dope. I am sure I disposed of it properly...I mean they, the cast members that did this, disposed of it properly.
:pbjtime:

Any memories out there from the rest of you?

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Fri May 30, 2003 3:53 pm

Hey, just be glad you're not doing guest control somewhere :)

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat May 31, 2003 3:04 pm

11 years and I never had to work a single grad night (thank heaven!) - the few times I did get scheduled, I managed to shift change them away...

We did have one residual memory over at the Mansion one morning after a grad nite. Found the teeniest bra (probably the flattest chested senior ever) in one of the omnimovers. That thing was pinned to the bulletin board in service for a few days afterwards. I always wondered if her date was dissappointed...

:(

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Sat May 31, 2003 3:44 pm

mmMMmm undergarments

Well, it certainly didn't belong to one of the two minnie mouse boob twins on the other thread!

Comedian and Writer

Space Man K7
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: Critter Country / Tomorrowland VIVA LA SPACE MOUNTAIN

Grad nights from hell

Post by Space Man K7 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:59 am

Wooooahhh.. God what was I thinking last year... Grad nights on Space.... I was about to blow up.. between all the screaming and yelling, and the girl who went into convulsions 10 minutes into her night on the concourse because she ODed. and the Fat guy bending a pole because he sat on the chains and then he attempted to sit on a rope... yeah well that broke and he fell flat on his ass and all I could do was laugh and tell him "I told you 4 times that a chain wouldn't hold your weight, what makes you think that rope would?"

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:58 am

:shock:

Bwahahahahahaaaa!

Guests falling down (as long as they aren't hurt) are always funny. I saw SO many kids take headers when running around like loons. They always do the same thing too: they look around and if the parents aren't watching they get up, if the parents ARE watching.... :cry: Waaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Comedian and Writer

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:10 pm

ohhhhh...the best was watching kids clothesline themselves when we still used to use ropes for parade g.c. We'd set up the cut off ropes, the dopey kids would still be running up and down the street (mom and dad conveniently ignoring them) and then ---BOING !!! Was always a treat to see their little eyes go *pop* when they hit the ropes

:shock:

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:14 am

I just snorted Pepsi out of myt nose, LOL. I remember seeing that a few times too! How about people trying to step over a chain or rope and getting the family jewels slammed when they slipped. That was always good!

Comedian and Writer

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:35 pm

I like to watch the tall guys who think they can go through our old-style turnstiles one leg at a time. It's always higher than they think it is!

Also amusing are folks who have stuffed the leg pockets of cargo shorts. They can get into the turnstile just fine, but getting out....

Zazu

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:04 am

Weeble wrote:I just snorted Pepsi out of myt nose, LOL. I remember seeing that a few times too! How about people trying to step over a chain or rope and getting the family jewels slammed when they slipped. That was always good!
I once did something similar to a fellow CM. He stepped over a rope at the same time that I unhooked the same rope from the pole to go around it as we're supposed to. I pulled it up and *WHACK*

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005