Look Ma, No Hands!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Look Ma, No Hands!

Post by Zazu » Thu May 29, 2003 10:27 am

So I'm riding the WDW Railroad through Tomorrowland, see? The MK doesn't have a Tomorrowland station, so we're just rolling past with a quick view of the plaza between the old Skyway station and Carousel of Progress. Not much to see as the TTA (PeopleMover) track blocks much of the view.

So I see a TTA train go by and turn to wave when I see a woman standing on the front seat with her arms outstretched like she's flying! Worse, she's headed for that sharp corner by the CoP where I just know it's going to toss her out so she can do some real flying.

Fellow CMs tell me that when I yell "All Aboard" at Main Street, they can hear me in Frontierland. Thus when I yelled "SIT DOWN," I know she heard me. Still, I had to shout it three times before she sat. Pity, I was rather hoping that Darwin would win a round for a change.

Yes, it's true, there are cameras all over that attraction. They just don't staff the position that actually watches the monitors....

Zazu

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu May 29, 2003 10:57 am

Which is really too bad since the peoplemover, or peopleMAKER as we called it at Disneyland has some of the best camera watching out there :pbjtime:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

ec7k2o
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ec7k2o » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:06 am

what about the "peopleeater"?

Shrimp? Bottom feeders. Not exactly a delicacy...

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:45 am

Peopleater=scary death and dismemberment nickname
peoplemaker=warm and fuzzy lovemaking nickname

Just a matter of what you wanted to call it on any particular day :)

:pbjtime:

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:06 pm

Personally, I use the Imagineering definition of "People Eater" -- an attraction that can take thousands of guests per hour off the sidewalk.

The nickname I use for the PeopleMover (backstage) is "Moron Muncher" because of how they look after trying to jump from one train to another in the double-track section near Space Mountain. Amazing how much blood you can get from running over someone with an 8-ton train!

Zazu

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Look Ma, No Hands!

Post by Dante101 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:00 pm

Zazu wrote:Yes, it's true, there are cameras all over that attraction. They just don't staff the position that actually watches the monitors....
It was the same at Disneyland. We had those monitors at the station, but we were told to watch the people getting on and off the cars at the station. The only time we'd look at the monitors is when we'd see an amorous couple boarding. :wink:

I once told some people to flash me when they went past a certain camera. I was joking, but they actually did it! I thought I was gonna get in trouble - that maybe other people might have seen it and complained... but no....

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:42 pm

^Niiiice. Flashing people on the PeopleCrusher. Did they keep the cameras for the Rocket Rods? For when they were operating that is...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:00 pm

You'd think they'd have kept the cameras, but I never got trained on Rocket Rods, so I don't know for sure. But they did damn little themeing on that thing - I can't see how the cameras would be in the way.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:43 pm

^Wait what? Theming? On the Rocket Rods? Hahahahaha.

Anyways, I was at Knott's last Wed, though not the same thing, I saw someone leaning over the front of the log like they were flying....Genius... Sadly I was on Supreme Scream looking down at everything, so I don't know what happened to the person...But with the way those logs navigate themselves somtimes, they could've been tossed from the log. Darwin needed to win that round. :twisted:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Mr 13
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Mr 13 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:01 pm

when I worked at Disneyland me and my friends would call it the peopleremover. :roll: