"You Don't Know Who You Are Dealing With......Blah, Blah, Blah!!"

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

"You Don't Know Who You Are Dealing With......Blah, Blah, Blah!!"

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon May 15, 2006 7:13 pm

Does anyone have any experiences with guests who say that they are related or know someone on top of the chain??

Apparently, it was before Pyro on Friday night when when seems to have some V.I.P guests sitting in the wedding gardens in front of the castle. No one is allowed in this area for it is off limits for firework fallout. I was on the west side of the castle and informed the lead. He went to talk to them. As it turned out, when our lead when to confront them about this, one of the guests went, "Well, you don't know who you are dealing with, I am the fire chief's daughter............we always sit here!!!" To top it off, the DFD that was suppose to stay with them, left them right before the show.

It just ticks me off when people think they own the park and think they know someone of a higher position and think they can do whatever they want!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: "You Don't Know Who You Are Dealing With......Blah, Blah, Blah!!"

Post by hhsrat » Mon May 15, 2006 8:18 pm

When AK was running cast previews for Expedition Everest, Cast Members were able to go to the ticket booth and get a special ticket that would let them into the Everest area. I wasn't working the event, but one of my friends was working crowd control, and he passed on this story.

(F = my friend, SG = stupid guest)

Background: Earlier in the day, Lee Cockerell (exec VP of WDW) had shown up, sans special ticket. My friend had told him he needed a ticket. Without fuss, Lee went back towards the front of the park to aquire the ticket.

Now the story:
F: I'm sorry ma'am, you need a special ticket to get into this area
SG: But I'm a cast member, here's my ID.
F: I see that, but you need to go to the front of the park and get the special ticket
SG: I'm not going all the way to the front of the park.
F: If you'd like to ride, yes, you are going all the way to the front of the park.
SG: Do you have any clue who I am?
F: No, I don't, and I don't care. I just sent Lee Cockerell to the front of the park to get the ticket, so you can just march yourself right up there as well.
SG: I'm going to Guest Relations to complain.
F: Be my guest. My name is (said and spelled his name), make sure you spell it right.

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Mon May 15, 2006 9:12 pm

hhsrat wrote:F: No, I don't, and I don't care. I just sent Lee Cockerell to the front of the park to get the ticket, so you can just march yourself right up there as well.
SG: I'm going to Guest Relations to complain.
F: Be my guest. My name is (said and spelled his name), make sure you spell it right.
That is brilliant....I would have killed to have been around when your friend told them that they had sent Lee to the front of the park.

And a big hooray for Lee for being that type of Exec to set an example instead of pulling rank. That is something you just don't see...

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue May 16, 2006 1:22 pm

Lee seems to be an improvement over the late Frank Wells. When he was operations manager for the company, he had this nasty habit of going to the Hotel Monorail station and trying to just walk through the turnstyle sans nametag. When the R/O would try to stop him it would be the, "don't you know who I am, I'm Frank Wells..." routine. If the CM would ask for a company ID, Wells would just hassel them harder. If the poor schmucks would let him in without further fuss, Wells would have them written up. If the C/M held their ground and insisted on i.d. after a protracted "I'm your boss, you should recognize me," struggle, Wells would pat them on the shoulder and say "good job" before pulling his i.d. out. Ass hole. My friends who were regularly working Monorail at the time lived in dread of his visits because they knew what he was like.

My own experience related elsewhere had to do with this little prick of an 8-year-old boy who had quite an opinion of himself, and thought that because his father was a bigwig, that he, the child, had influence. To make a long story short, he decided not to ride Pirates while I was on unload, he started playing with wheelchairs that I knew didn't belong to him or his party,so I told him to leave the wheelies alone and he gave me a dirty look. When his parents came back, his little face got all red, he threw his arm out and pointed at me and screamed (with a nasty, hateful face, may I add), "I want her FIRED!!!" I must say, his parents simply walked out taking him along, and his mother looked deeply embarrassed. Yay Mom.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Max Fischer
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: -Rushmore Academy- Founder, Rushmore Bee Keepers Society

Post by Max Fischer » Mon May 22, 2006 12:19 pm

Unreal. I cannot imagine how dumb people are. Jesus.

CMs should have emergency Valium or oxycontin to be used when dealing with idiots like these...

'It is always darkest just before it goes pitch black.'

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue May 23, 2006 3:55 am

Max Fischer wrote:Unreal. I cannot imagine how dumb people are. Jesus.

CMs should have emergency Valium or oxycontin to be used when dealing with idiots like these...

A baseball bat or a stungun would be cool too. :rolleyes:

I don't care if I WAS king shit of the world. My parents raised me to WAIT my turn. :cool:

Max Fischer
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: -Rushmore Academy- Founder, Rushmore Bee Keepers Society

Post by Max Fischer » Tue May 23, 2006 10:54 am

Tasers for all my friends...

'It is always darkest just before it goes pitch black.'

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Tue May 23, 2006 11:01 am

No, no. tust me. Butcher Knives. Sure you can go first, let me stamp your hand with a front of the line stamp, its for special guests only! Now, please put your hand out and let me get my stamp. :rolleyes:

:thwak:

oops, thats not the stamp! dont worry my manager will get you some free passes. Have a magical day!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun May 28, 2006 5:32 am

Hysterical!!!! Know what you could try? Have a shill get in line, pull the first in line crap, and the R/O takes out the butcher knife, whacks a fake hand with gushing blood effect on the shill, and loadly says the lines you just gave. People would see that and be FIGHTING to get to the BACK of the line! Could work on crowd control, too..."Move back or it's off with your head!" WHACK!