Strike!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Strike!

Post by Wizard69 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:27 am

Only 9 more days to go! We'll see what happens.

I hope we do strike. I'm getting tired of god damn scheduling. They waited until today (Sunday) to get the schedule out. They denied all ADOs and did mandatory 6 days again. Fuck scheduling! Alot of people are pissed!

It's this kinda shit why people call out and alot of people quit. And, why no one wants to work at Disney. They have a really bad rep now.

God damn "Crappiest Place on Earth"

SmallWorldGuy76
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Strike!

Post by SmallWorldGuy76 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:29 pm

Wizard69 wrote:Only 9 more days to go! We'll see what happens.

I hope we do strike. I'm getting tired of god damn scheduling. They waited until today (Sunday) to get the schedule out. They denied all ADOs and did mandatory 6 days again. Fuck scheduling! Alot of people are pissed!

It's this kinda shit why people call out and alot of people quit. And, why no one wants to work at Disney. They have a really bad rep now.

God damn "Crappiest Place on Earth"
By all means, do what you guys can to give Disneyland management the message that you are tired of being treated like second class! It's been one year since I left the Tragic Kingdom and looking back on the 6.5 years I've been there, I know what it's like not getting ADO's granted and having holidays off denied! I feel favoritism has a lot to do with it! Let some of those snobby TDA people work the hourly cast memebr duites and get the brunt of it all for a change! I'll be the one to give them hell to avenge the hard working cast members who are suffering and to those who left from being termed or who just washed their hands from the Resort!

STRIKE!!!! STRIKE!!!!!! STRIKE!!!!!

You guys should watch the movie, NEWSIES as inspiration and "seize the day!"

[font=Georgia]SmallWorldGuy76[/font]
:oscar: "Scram!"

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:55 pm

SmallWorldGuy76 wrote:By all means, do what you guys can to give Disneyland management the message that you are tired of being treated like second class! It's been one year since I left the Tragic Kingdom and looking back on the 6.5 years I've been there, I know what it's like not getting ADO's granted and having holidays off denied! I feel favoritism has a lot to do with it! Let some of those snobby TDA people work the hourly cast memebr duites and get the brunt of it all for a change! I'll be the one to give them hell to avenge the hard working cast members who are suffering and to those who left from being termed or who just washed their hands from the Resort!

STRIKE!!!! STRIKE!!!!!! STRIKE!!!!!

You guys should watch the movie, NEWSIES as inspiration and "seize the day!"
Strike, Hmmm? Well, makes me glad I am on restricted rehire. I may need a job, but I damn well won't be a scab.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:56 pm

Do it DL Crew, we can't down here in WDW (right to work state), maybe it would help us as well. Good Luck all if you do! While we lose everything down here, maybe you'll send a message and keep what you got! :D:

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:56 pm

Out of curiosity, is the union behind a labor action? Because there was a vote either one or two years before I quit and the Teamster's Union did everything in their power to get us to vote for a contract that was *not* in our best interest. If we had gone out on strike that time, we would have bankrupted the local.

Best of luck to all of you if you do walk out. That company needs a serious wake-up call.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:03 pm

There is absolutely no way I would be able to go along with a strike. I may not like a lot of the things going on at the park, but I still need to feed and shelter myself...

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:56 am

PirateJohn wrote:There is absolutely no way I would be able to go along with a strike. I may not like a lot of the things going on at the park, but I still need to feed and shelter myself...
I'm with you. I cannot afford it.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:02 am

Scheduling completely screwed us!! We tll them we have school the next day and we want an early shift, what they do?? They schedule us a closing shift so when we get home, we sleep like about 5 hours or less and then have to get up the next morning for school. Now, I read that there is no shift changes to OFF........EVER!! We can't even shift change if it gives you or the other person an extra day off, we have to keep our number of days working. That is total BS.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Hey, go get what's yours, you deserve more than anyone else in the company in my opinion. The frontline, the faces, and the costumer service. You are all what makes DISNEY disney!!
So anyway from all of us who arent so stupid (most of the time) THANKS and Do what you have to do to get what you deserve. Heck i would go give the TDA suits a hell of a time if yall wanted some guest back up...and if i lived closer to Cali nowadays hahaha.
Good luck in whatever any of you choose for whatever reason. If ya need any guest support from the east coast...lemme know. you folks are amazing people and ARE the magic in the parks.

so thanks again to all the current and past CMs, for making every visit a memorable one.

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:18 pm

Regardless of if we strike or not.. please do me a favor. Respect your fellow cast members and their decisions. I am noticing a lot of disrespectful things being said in another online forum that only has people in my department on myspace.. about how horrible the people who are going to choose to work are.

If we don't support each other, no matter what we or our fellow cast choose, then the corporation wins regardless of any outcome of a strike. Some people have reasons that they have to work. This doesn't make them any less of a person. Please help me get the word out.

United we stand, divided we fall. No strike will be able to fix this.

"'Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song;
But the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong."

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox