Guests Who Ruin Your Day...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Guests Who Ruin Your Day...

Post by TowerTimmy » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:14 am

Sometimes it really, REALLY irks me when the guests are SOOO rude and obnoxious to us. They know that we are out there for them, we do everything for them, and yet they STILL have to give us a hard time about it... argh... :mad:

I was at FP Return at Tower. A guy and his son came up and they were early (I forget how early.) So of course I say "Nope sorry sir you need to wait until your time." And of course he looks at me and is like "come on its ___ minutes". I'm like "sir, the FP system works only this way. If I let you in early, it disrupts the flow of guests using the standby line."

He's like "Oh ok, well we'll wait here Tim. That's the only power you have out here so I guess you like that." I got SOOO mad. I didn't show it of course, but it really hurt me, and my feelings got hurt. He stood there forever just looking at me. Shaking the FP's in his hand. I mean, cmon... the NERVE of some people!!! How could they do that!!! They're selfish. They want everyone to do everything for them and only them. I hate guests like him.

Us CM's deal with a lot of abuse. I hope someday the public realizes it, and will treat us with more respect sometime. I mean, out of an 8 hour workday. I get probably 5 guests that are absolutely HORRIBLE. The other thousands are perfectly fine. But oh well, sorry about my rant.

Tim

Mommytomjm
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: Guests Who Ruin Your Day...

Post by Mommytomjm » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:18 am

I am so sorry you had to deal with that Tim, there is no excuse for that :(

Bonny June, Andrew and Adorable, Adopted, Sweetie Marjorie June Mailani!!!
MJ's Spot

xtinkerbell84x
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xtinkerbell84x » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:54 pm

Tim, I feel your pain. I used to hate being at FP Return for that very reason. I hated how people would yell at us just because we were doing our jobs, what we were trained to do.
(And yes, Tim, you know me :D: )

xtinkerbell84x

Former Sunset Attractions CM
Parade/Fantasmic! and Theater of the Stars Operations Trainer
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Bellhop
Revenge of the Mummy Minion/Production Assistant

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:48 pm

I'm sorry. That was a really rude thing to do. Waiting a few more minutes wouldn't have killed them.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:11 pm

Just another case of MF MFs (posted on another thead ).Better than EVERYONE else. ASSH***S.And people wonder why most of the world is pissed off at us? :mad:

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:13 pm

Am I the only one who finds this funny?
No offense to you Tim, but it sounded pretty funny and cynical.

Did he say it in a rude tone or did he say it in like, an overly sarcastic way?
If I were him, I would have just walked off until the time, but I wouldn't have showed up early anyways.

i know he hurt your feelings and all, but you need to look at it this way:
Did he physically hurt you? i mean really, if I said:

"Stop! You cannot pass with that pass!"

and they said

"Oh no! Your might powers have stopped me! I shall wait almighty powerful master of the Fastpass!"

Would that have been hurtful?
Seriously, that sucks what he did, even though I probably would have laughed at the bastard and have said "Yeah, DAMN right! You repect this power!"

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:42 pm

Don't let the bastards get you down.

The mere fact that he had to resort to psych 101 tactics to
"Recover" his poor bruised ego just shows you what a pissy
little person he really is.

May I suggest a reply like the following to his statement:

"That's very possible, sir. But you still have to wait until 1:05." - BIG smile.

Watch Mr. psyche have a meltdown. He couldn't "Get to you."

Hang in there. Water off a duck's back.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

AirForceFoLife
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by AirForceFoLife » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:54 pm

i feel for u guys over at tower and r&r. me personally....i work at sci-fi dine in...u wanna talk about pissed off guests. if its a mere ONE MINUTE past their priority seating time i have them at my podium tapping their fingers and growling while demanding to want to know why they havent been sat yet.

(had that happen 3 times today alone!)

i say, go back to stand by seating for everyone! lol

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:30 pm

TowerTimmy wrote:Us CM's deal with a lot of abuse. I hope someday the public realizes it, and will treat us with more respect sometime. I mean, out of an 8 hour workday. I get probably 5 guests that are absolutely HORRIBLE. The other thousands are perfectly fine. But oh well, sorry about my rant.

Tim, CMs must wear a hard shell with their Disney smile. Not all guests realize we are really on stage for them. Most don't even think this issue over. Remember...their brains are in the parking lot :( Sure we deal with lots of abuse - more than anyone would believe! This is the exact time I'd say "Have a Disney Day." Get em before they get you. After I go through "guest hell" I try to ask for a bump & run backstage for cool water or a coke. All CMs have been through guest rage & will usually let you go backstage to recover. If you are with Attractions which use FPs & have only 5 HORRIBLE guests per shift...you are doing well. The percentage is much higher during the peak seasons. :eek: Hang in there Tim & remember your vent is exactly why Polar 33 & Cujo gave us this FANTASTIC web site & try so hard to maintain it at their own expense as well as time. Let's all give them a Hi 5, trophy :trophy: & gold :star: Zazu, where's the Hi 5 sign? ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:40 pm

Natural Selection Fan wrote:Don't let the bastards get you down.
On 2nd thought, this comment is the best advice!! :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]