Wonderful CMs and stupid guests at DLP last weekend

Disneyland Resort Paris Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland Paris discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Wonderful CMs and stupid guests at DLP last weekend

Post by sandravb79 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:22 am

I am just back of 3 wonderful days at DLP, filled with Disney-snow and real snow.
I have met wonderful CMs, like Gerard at the Bagagerie of the Santa Fe, Aziza at the Manhattan restaurant, and all those other CMs of whom I don't remember the name, at Cape Cod restaurant, at the Candy store (mm, that fudge was delicious!) at City Hall and at the Fantasyland station.
Mickey and Minnie, Chip & Dale, Belle, they were all so lovely!

OK, once in a while you get a grumpy CM, but well... that's life

Now, about stupid guests: the park was loaded with people from the Netherlands, and they are unbelievable!
We had the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast twice, and were surrounded by the Dutch. They had their ziplock bags with them, so they could take about 10 croissants per person (ate 2, take 8 with them home), they had tupperware boxes to stock up on cheese and ham, and I think they will drink tea with sugar from Fantasyland during the next 5 weeks!

Something worse: a couple (Dutch of course) with some small children enters the restaurant (chalet e la marionette, or however that Pinocchio restaurant is called). They go to a table, put down their stuff, the lady picks up her baby and a diaper, goes to another table, puts the baby on teh table, changes the diaper and puts the dirty diaper in the trash bin just next to our table. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT????????? Restrooms were just next door!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I asked the man: Don't you know the concept restrooms in Holland? Is that what they teached you????
His answer: I hope you enjoy your meal even more now that you have the smell of my baby's ****

I went to look for a CM, and asked if they could change the trash bin.

I feel sorry for you guys, really.

Dreaming of a great wide somewhere... They call it Disneyland
Accepting all kinds of indecent proposals to get into Club 33.
"We wants the redhead!" - I knew reds would have more fun :twisted:

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Wonderful CMs and stupid guests at DLP last weekend

Post by Ho-say » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:39 pm

I've never understood the greediness of guests at that Fantasyland breakfast. We did that breakfast the last time I was at DLRP and there were many guests with bags, socking away enough ham, cheese and rolls that looked like it would last them for days . Absolutely incredible.... :rolleyes:

And they wonder why prices continue to go up? You have to pay for all that stolen food somewhere! LOL :D:

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:59 am

sandravb79 wrote:I asked the man: Don't you know the concept restrooms in Holland? Is that what they teached you????
His answer: I hope you enjoy your meal even more now that you have the smell of my baby's ****
Frankly, I think I would have just fetched the diaper out of the toilet, walked over to his table, and smeared the load all over the surface of the table, and walked away.

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:06 am

PirateJohn wrote:Frankly, I think I would have just fetched the diaper out of the toilet, walked over to his table, and smeared the load all over the surface of the table, and walked away.
It was too early for me to come up with an idea like that... :twisted: :eek:

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:08 am

Ho-say wrote:I've never understood the greediness of guests at that Fantasyland breakfast. We did that breakfast the last time I was at DLRP and there were many guests with bags, socking away enough ham, cheese and rolls that looked like it would last them for days . Absolutely incredible.... :rolleyes:

And they wonder why prices continue to go up? You have to pay for all that stolen food somewhere! LOL :D:
It's not only at the Fantasyland breakfast, it was exactly the same thing during breakfast at the Santa Fe.
There were even people trying to do this during the character breakfast at Café Mickey... putting away smoked salmon, all kinds of cheeses, muffins, ... But at least there, the CMs watch over it, and make them pay what they took
hehehe :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Taryn
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Taryn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:43 pm

PirateJohn wrote:Frankly, I think I would have just fetched the diaper out of the toilet, walked over to his table, and smeared the load all over the surface of the table, and walked away.
Ah, but then a poor CM would have to clean it up...better to smear it in his face :twisted:

Mmm, Protein Spill....

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Sun May 28, 2006 9:55 am

Sadly, there is a lot of that in Europe. A few countries seem to have a sort of "nastiness-switch" that they turn on whenever they go abroad to certain countries. The dutch going to france is one example - dutch people in Germany are very nice and likeable. The brittish - same thing there.

I know a lot of american frenchises like McDonalds have similiar problems with european guests helping themselves to 250 napkins at a time... I've never understood it (I live in Sweden where we have assimilated a lot of american culture), but looking at the french equivalents to McDonalds you won't see self-serve napkins and straws etc. at all! You gewt one napkin, one straw and one packet of salt on your tray. Ketchup, mustard and mayo are usually not complimentary, they cost like 10 cents per packet.

It always strikes me as sad that people who pay to stay at Disney hotels feel that they have to degrade themselves to stealing hotel croissants instead of having a nice breakfastand then just going out and enjoying themselves...

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon May 29, 2006 3:15 am

Hon, unfortunately it's not an isolated incident. My hotel offers a deluxe continental breakfast with cinnamon rolls, yogurt, muffins and so on. I don't care what nationality they are, when it comes to free food, it's like this may be the last meal so gorging and hoarding happen. I cannot tell you how much the housekeepers have to throw away from these greedy bastards. And of course then they (the guests) complain about ants in their rooms. Go figure that one out. It's a crazy world... :confused:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Manetoys
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Manetoys » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:23 pm

I can't believe someone would change a baby in the middle of a restruant! That would kill MY appitete. There's got to be some unsanitory law against that.

Panther007
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Panther007 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:56 am

if that person who was changing the baby had sandles on i would go and barf all over their feet

or if he was wearing shorts and closed shoes i would barf all over their legs