Wackjobs invade Disneyland

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Wackjobs invade Disneyland

Post by saidthekat » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:47 am

is it wrong that i kind of want to join the church? not because i agree with much that they're saying, but because i miss being a part of a choir...

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:18 pm

Interesting if you actually read what their purpose/point of view is.

I don't know that they're whack, but I certainly agree with them that Christmas is overcommercialized and that many, many companies - including Disney - take advantage of sweatshop labor. Anyone who was at the company before Eisner/Wells came in back in early '85 would certainly remember the difference of the level of merchandising and marketing that happened after the change. Not that Walt wasn't a genius at marketing, but it was ramped up into overdrive with the advent of the E/W era.

These people had something interesting to say, and although I saw nothing about it on the news or in the papers, I'm glad their POV got out - eventually. To tell the truth, it's something I was bitching about over the weekend - I spent a solid two days baking, then we spent the next two days running all over So. Cal. to be with fractured family groups after spending a whole lot of money for a holiday that none of us really believe in, yet we're socially compelled to do so, because it's "tradition." I don't mind the lights and decorations in Winter, but why is it that in order for this country to "prosper" we all have to spend a whole lot of money on a whole lot of stuff we don't need? There's something seriously wrong with our economy if that's the model we must follow...

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:02 pm

As Someone said on another site, and they payed to get in! Give them money to protest for 5 minutes, then get kicked out, smart people.... :rolleyes:

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:45 pm

I "sort of" agree with their message.

We've become such a wall to wall mall in the US it's just awful. I won't even go
to them on weekends or holiday time.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:23 pm

As an advertising major, I can't agree with what they're saying... I need consumerism... otherwise, i'd have no job to look forward to after being an attractions hostess at disneyland.

how sad is that?

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:21 pm

If you ask me, wackjobs invaded Disneyland a long time ago. But that's another discussion for another day.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:30 am

SRT_GB wrote:If you ask me, wackjobs invaded Disneyland a long time ago. But that's another discussion for another day.
...and I believe they're called passholes, aren't they??? :twisted:

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

FairyRosita
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by FairyRosita » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:56 am

SRT_GB wrote:If you ask me, wackjobs invaded Disneyland a long time ago. But that's another discussion for another day.
you mean to tell me that all those weird people are just pretending to be insane!!! gees what's next guest are actullay going to stop asking me where the firworks are going to be. :rolleyes:

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:38 am

Money doesn't make you happy. It might for a while, but it never lasts. As long as you are a balanced person and you don't base your happniess on material possessions, I don't see what the problem is.

I love to shop. (Not so much for clothes, but pretty much everything else.) But I don't do it all the time and I live within my means.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:50 pm

goose wrote:Money doesn't make you happy. It might for a while, but it never lasts. As long as you are a balanced person and you don't base your happniess on material possessions, I don't see what the problem is.
That is quite true to a point Studies have shown the money doesn't make you happier unless you make less than $50,000 a year. anything more than that will not make you happier. Source: ABC News: 20/20

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."