What are you really thinking?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
alexp2005
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: What are you really thinking?

Post by alexp2005 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:50 pm

StupidGuestQuest wrote:This is a question for those that portray characters in the parks.

Ok, this wack-a-doodle 35 year old woman rushes to you squealing your (character's) name and poses while her husband takes a picture.

What are you thinking about me... uh... oh... this woman I mean... :D:

Tell me the truth.
From the friend point of view, it's better than the crying kids that don't want to see tigger and the parents keeping shoving them with him. Thanks mom and dad, I'm the one who scarred your child for life. Thanks a lot. :twisted:

Fantasmic_Freak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fantasmic_Freak » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:40 pm

I saw rafaki with a backpack on last time, backstage, and all of BPB's characters put on their costumes right outside the break room, so i see them all the time, kinda a trip, i stared for a good 10 minutes.. musta freaked everyone out too.. Block Party Celebrate! :D:

Current CM- Scenic Fabrication Artisan

Former Attr CM, DCA Boom Boom Room, Grizzly, Stinger, its gone!.

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Fantasmic_Freak wrote:I saw rafaki with a backpack on last time, backstage, and all of BPB's characters put on their costumes right outside the break room, so i see them all the time, kinda a trip, i stared for a good 10 minutes.. musta freaked everyone out too.. Block Party Celebrate! :D:
My first day at the MK during training, and our Trainer decides to take both us trainees to the Mouseketeeria. So we're all sitting in our booth, having a lovely chat, when one of the princesses - I have no idea who - saunters by wearing just a T-shirt and her bloomers.

Granted, she wasn't indecent per se - but my fellow trainee and I stopped in mid-sentence, turned, and stared at her as she left. We turned around, only to discover our Trainer was having convulsions of laughter - seriously, we considered hauling her over to First Aid. She later told us we helped her clear out her sinuses, we'd made her laugh so hard...

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:02 pm

mentu wrote:^Linda Skywalker? We all know her.
Oh Gods - I actually met her once in Atlanta a few years back. She is a bit scary, n'est pas?

She comes to SWW? Ow... and I was looking forward to going there then.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:29 pm

ThunderCat wrote:Oh Gods - I actually met her once in Atlanta a few years back. She is a bit scary, n'est pas?
Gotta love Dragoncon!

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:00 pm

CBeilby wrote:Gotta love Dragoncon!
Well... you do get all the freaks there.

True semi-related story: waaaay back in High School (I went to HS in Atlanta), some friends of mine casually announced they were writing their own role-playing game, and were gonna get it published. They invited me to be part of the alpha playtest group, adding that if the head guys in charge and I hit it off, I might be able to get a job with this fledgling company.

My response: "No thanks - that sounds like a colossal waste of time."

Two years later: that role-playing game, "Vampire: The Masquerade" is released and becomes the hottest role-playing game EVER.

I still lose sleep over that one.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:14 am

Dragoncon folk here? I knew you guys were cool.....I'm actually junior level of con management... :)

And I think I've met Linda too...then again what happens at Dragon, stays at Dragon....

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

Knoxster
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Knoxster » Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 pm

"I'm usually thinking "Oh god, why do guys who have hair all over their body and don't shower wear tank-tops???""
*sigh* .. I'm going to be down in FL at the same time as Gay Days next week.. And just like last time, I'm sure that thought will cross my mind more than once.

On a separate note.. Very early on, I worked a Disney Studios employee's function at DL one night and it just so happened I was backstage with the CM dressed as Mickey for the evening.

He went on stage.. and when he came back.. he pulled hhis head off and then I realized Mickey was a GIRL! I just stared. Someone had once told me that often Mickey was a girl. But seeing it was just weird.

Even more shocking was what came next.

Mickey had a Marlboro as she went on break. She looked back at my astonished face and just roared laughing at me.

When she recovered she commented, "You're new here huh?"

J

CoffeeGirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CoffeeGirl » Sat May 27, 2006 10:23 am

I am working during SWW and I thought I met Linda twice...turns out both times it was not her. My fellow CMs thought so too at first but then we were able to narrow it down some. I overheard two character handlers talking beside me in the break room about how she freaked out when R2D2 came out that morning and how they were going to get more security over there from now on. Now that was pretty funny. I'm not sure about meeting her, but I would like to see her....from a distance. lol

One of the Guests that I was talking to, a huge SW freak/fan but with a regular name, had been invited to be in the parade and everything. I thought that was kinda neat. We talked for a bit, then she drove away in her Jedi transport <ECV>...telling me quite seriously- May the force be with you. Kinda freaked me out...but then I just cracked up. It takes all kinds, I tell ya. And they all vacation at Disney World!!

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:50 pm

CoffeeGirl wrote:One of the Guests that I was talking to, a huge SW freak/fan but with a regular name, had been invited to be in the parade and everything. I thought that was kinda neat. We talked for a bit, then she drove away in her Jedi transport <ECV>...telling me quite seriously- May the force be with you. Kinda freaked me out...but then I just cracked up. It takes all kinds, I tell ya. And they all vacation at Disney World!!
I stopped in last weekend - saw a couple dressed in very badly done homemade Star Wars costumes tell another guest, "Oh, we're just casual fans - we're not, you know, freaks."

I had to walk out of the area before I burst out laughing in their faces.

Note to Guests: "Casual" fans would wear a Star Wars T-shirt. Not three layers of polyester and wool on a 95 degree day in the Florida sun.

Oh, one other thing: Once you turn 13 it begins to become slightly creepy to continue to come to the park dressed up in the Princess costumes. When you're 18 and working at the park in the College Program (and NOT in Entertainment) it becomes downright disturbing. Just a friendly word of advice, if'n you're wondering why you can't find a date this weekend, you know.