What are you really thinking?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
StupidGuestQuest
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

What are you really thinking?

Post by StupidGuestQuest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:35 pm

This is a question for those that portray characters in the parks.

Ok, this wack-a-doodle 35 year old woman rushes to you squealing your (character's) name and poses while her husband takes a picture.

What are you thinking about me... uh... oh... this woman I mean... :D:

Tell me the truth.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: What are you really thinking?

Post by Zazu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:24 pm

StupidGuestQuest wrote:This is a question for those that portray characters in the parks.

Ok, this wack-a-doodle 35 year old woman rushes to you squealing your (character's) name and poses while her husband takes a picture.

What are you thinking about me... uh... oh... this woman I mean... :D:

Tell me the truth.
I'm thinking, "Oh good, here's somebody who *gets* what we're doing here." :)

Zazu

cal2632
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by cal2632 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:51 pm

Zazu wrote:I'm thinking, "Oh good, here's somebody who *gets* what we're doing here." :)
Glad to hear it, since I'm a 46 year old woman who does that very thing! I have way too many pictures with Eeyore.

Morticia
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Morticia » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:46 pm

Eeyore's my favourite, too. With Stitch a close second. Of course, I mean that in a suspension of disbelief way. Not in a CSI episode sort of way (no offense if you're into that).

lil.princess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by lil.princess » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:38 am

pmsl..........when we went to WDW in 2002 without the kids....my favourite excuse to have my photo taken with the characters was "can i have a photo with you to show my children back home"lol

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:04 am

I know! I love meeting all the characters. I have a LOT of pictures with Chip and Dale. I don't think I will ever get tired of meeting the characters.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

kickman77
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kickman77 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:21 pm

nice pictures and your avatars cute to :D

[font=Palatino Linotype]

Can you find me at Disney... If you do i can make you smile :D[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Another Stitch fanatic here...I'm 41 years old, and I still turn into a little kid every time I see him. I came from the sort of family that NEVER took vacations. My personal motto is, "It's never too late to ave a happy childhood." :D:

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:00 am

Thanks! :D:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Sweetums
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sweetums » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:21 am

It really depends on the guest. I have no problem with fanatics who are so overjoyed to see the character. They're actually a lot of fun! -because they're much more appreciative of what you do. It's like they know what we're going through. (We hear the phrase "God, You must be so hot in there!" about 75 times a day.)
So when I see a middle aged woman who is wearing a t-shirt with the character I'm portraying waiting in line (usually hopping up & down with excitement) I simply smile and say to myself, "Okay,...here we go."
I'll usually do a little more animation with the guest, because they'd understand & get it. When they are that much of a fan, you know it will be the highlight of their trip. They probably spent a lot of time asking where they could find you and what time. So they always get a little extra magic from me. (-I won't speak for everybody in the department, though.)
But there are guests who are just obnoxious. These are the same ones who crack themselves up by posing in those wooden characiture murals with holes to stick your face through.
You don't want to do too much around them, cause they'll never leave. Extra animation, hugs, and kisses just encourages them to do more. More pics, more not-so-funny comments about who they think is inside, more dancing...eventually they start ticking off the other guests who are patiently waiting their turn.
You just have to gauge the audience and know when to play and when to go on auto-pilot.
And as far as the question "what are you really thinking?" goes,...
I'm usually thinking "Oh god, why do guys who have hair all over their body and don't shower wear tank-tops???"