Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Post by hobie16 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 pm

turkeyham wrote:I over heard this one today in Frontierland.

SG Mom: We are to meet here in front of the castle. (Golden Horseshoe)
SG Dad: I thought the castle was on the hub towards the Partner's statue?
SG Mom: No, the castle is in frontierland and so is the hub.
SG Dad: Lets ask the CM about where the castle is?
SG Mom: No, I am right and you are wrong.

Me: I had no idea the Golden Horseshoe looks like the castle. If we had n earthquake, the hub probably would be in Frintierland. :mad:
It's all about plate tectonics. And don't forget the volcano that's bubbling up across the way under Grizzly Peak.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Mon May 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Overheard on Saturday as I was walking in DCA on the walkway overlooking Paradise Park,site of the new "World of Color" show. If you don't know that, there are dozens of signs telling you so.

SG: "That must be where they are installing "Fantasmic"

Me: :banghead:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue May 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Last night I was watching the news. One of their stories was about this group of robbers that went into a liquor store. They went for the ATM machine. One of the robbers gets his shoe caught in the ATM cord. The machine smashed the robber as he fell backward to the ground. Who else saw this on the local news? The media on channel 11 called them stupid robbers. :)

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue May 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Over heard by SG sitting next to Rivers of America.

SG: Fantasmic starts at 9 pm. It is 6:30 pm. We should have no problems seeing it. The family spreads out a blanket and sits down.

That's funny, Fantasmic does not start until May 28th. That would be a very long wait.

I also love it when there was no water in the river and SG wanted to go to the TSI.

The last thing I heard a SG claim that TSI was removed and rebuilt around Pirates of the Caribbean. Dang! I had no idea New Orleans was that big! :eek:

orljustin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by orljustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 am

turkeyham wrote: The last thing I heard a SG claim that TSI was removed and rebuilt around Pirates of the Caribbean. Dang! I had no idea New Orleans was that big! :eek:
Uh, it was? Well, at least it was re-themed.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl ... age&bhcp=1

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 pm

orljustin wrote:Uh, it was? Well, at least it was re-themed.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyl ... age&bhcp=1
I need to go back to TSI- Have they changed anything since the Pirate Invasion besides no more Captain Jack and no more Lafitte's Tavern? :confused:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Now that TSI is open, it does not have the singing pirates on the front area. The pirates sing in front of French market. The pirates lier is located in the middle of TSI.

I am still trying to look for that bridge that SG are saying that they can get to the island. Try walking around the river, catching a raft and walking onto the island.

Today my sister and I are planning to go to the parks. I will take my camera and see what has changed since the island was down for 5 months.

mdbelle
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mdbelle » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Stumbled on this site today, and it has been extremely entertaining. I love the fact that this thread exists. Now's let's see...I've got some fun from the Idol neck of the woods.

SG: Excuse me, miss. How do I get to the HSM show?
Me: Well, it's a moving stage, but they'll park in fro---
SG: No! They told my daughter that the show is in the hat, how do I get in to the show?
Me: Actually, it's an outdoor show, it starts in...
SG: Whatever. I know the show's in the hat, I'll just find someone who knows something to get me in.

SG: How do I get to the Alfred Hitchcock show?
Me: That attraction no longer exists, and it was actually at Universal Studios.
SG: Why did you get rid of it?
Me: Universal did. It was their attraction. We're Disney's Hollywood Studios, not Universal Studios.
SG: Right, but you changed the park name. You used to be.
Me: No, we used to be MGM Studios.
SG: Huh. So, where's the Terminator ride?
Me: Leave the park, take I-4 to Kirkman Rd (proceeds to give directions to Universal).

And don't get me started on the guests who think that Simon will really be there...

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Hello, and welcome, MDBelle. You should be getting a proper welcome in short order. Those were a nice couple of stories to start your stay here with. Pull up a seat, and enjoy the show!

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:03 pm

I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay. You can expect the Marsupial Welcoming Committee to be along in the future to give you the official welcome.

As for your question, I am not a CM, but from what I can tell, the good encounters far outweigh the bad.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1