Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DonohoFlnkr
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Post by DonohoFlnkr » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:24 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:Flood gates are open today. Stupid guests everywhere! Boy thisll be a fun update tonight.
And I'm sure next week (Easter week) will bring even more.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:00 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:No. Worse. But I'll leave you in suspense until later
Can't wait to hear about it!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Artoo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Artoo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:34 am

IndyandMarion wrote:I'll have my fedora with me like all ways and wearing a black Max's Kansas City shirt and jeans.
Ah, Max's Kansas City...never been there (never even been to NYC!), but I am a big fan of 70's punk rock and have read a lot about it.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:25 am

We want Indy! We want Indy!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:28 am

Sorry folks, it'll be delayed. Got some news yesterday that just added on to all my problems Ive been having lately. I'll get them to you though.

And Artoo, you'll be happy to know that I do have a story about Max's to include.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:51 am

This update isn't so much a Here's Your Sign as it is just a general "Did I seriously just see that ****ing happen?" update.

8:50, arrived at Disney's MGM Studios (Screw you, I go into a rampage when I say Disney's Hollywood Studios). Saw a little bit of Rope Drop, which I dislike but that's just me. The truck they use sits in the middle of the Hollywood Blvd/Sunset intersection. So not only do you have people rushing to their first ride, but you've got that rock in the stream. MOVE THAT TRUCK!

Introduction to first happy CM (of four I'd encounter all day):
*Notices my shirt*
CM: Max's Kansas City? I'm from Kansas City, I've never heard of it.
Me: Considering you weren't even a thought in your mothers mind when it was open, I'd assume not. By the way, if you actually read the shirt. . . You'd notice *Points to address* that it was in NY...
CM: Oh....

Rock n Roller Coaster:
Christ, what else can they change in the four years I've been gone from there. Holy crap. Encounter with pissed off bug up their ass CM number seven. Still a fun ride, rode twice. Did see some old friends who still work there (And hate it for what it is now).

Since when is Goofy Sulley?

Nope, that sign actually means that the next showing for Mermaid is in 10 hours and 30 minutes.

I love that Japanese (Male and female) will line up for ANYTHING. Including hopefully being picked as a young jedi...

Now for the saddest moment of the day.... Ready?
The 11:30 showing for Indiana Jones starts up. Kevin is playing the part of Indy (One of the best Indy's I've ever seen)...Then they switch him out. A new guy is training (I find out later from a friend he is three weeks into training..) for the rest of the show. OK I get that, it's how the stunt company works for their training.

Cairo Marketplace scene starts. Going through the motions of the show, his hat tilts. No problem, he's not using the strap. Then.... the unthinkable happens. He looses the hat..........

The ****er lost.... the hat? YOU DON'T LOSE THE HAT!!!!!!!!! IF THE HARDEST PART IS KEEPING THE HAT ON, WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING AFTER THAT SINCE YOU FAILED YOU ASK? SIMPLE. . . . HOLDING ME BACK SO I DON'T KILL HIM!!!! IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT IS MORE CONCRETE THAN LIFE IS THAT YOU NEVER LOOSE THE HAT! EVER!

AT EPCOT CENTER:

After charging my phone a little in the car and seeing the TRONORAIL, I calmly got out of the car and walked in to the park. Seriously people, it was a nice day, why take the tram. God forbid all that walking is more than you can handle since you'll be... you know... WALKING the rest of the day in the park.

The tronorail looks sleek. I liked it. I thought there were two. I then noticed that it's just the one with the Yellow cycle on one side and the Blue on the other. So hopefully Honda will be able to live, but I doubt it. Anyway... After feeling like Elmer Fudd and waiting for that wasckelly tronowail to show itself another time, I got enough photos and moved on.

Getting lunch at the Electric Umbrella....

I set up outside, it was slightly breezy but sunny for the most part and pulled a "Walt Watch", I just ate lunch and people watched:

Pole. . . Pole. . . POLE! Oooooh, first aid: That way. Saw a total of three kids and two adults walk right into one of the poles out in the walkway.

"Shoo" Means nothing to these birds lady.

If you're going to say "No you may not" to your kid, you best be prepared for whats to come sir. And it ain't pretty.

That sums up the day. MK was uneventful. I had a headache (Lack of sleep I suppose), I took the train to Toontown to see a friend then headed out. So I can't say much of anything from there. I will close with this encounter with the infamous Rent A Cops as I left work the other day....

The other day, I guess someone got a hold of something someone wasn't supposed to have access to and. So Security was uptight and on a failed mission to find them. My backpack has one main compartment, two smaller ones in front (That weren't checked), of course the top flap to cover the main compartment and a side zipper to the main compartment. Mind you, no one has ever taken these "security guards" at the Studios seriously.

RaC: I need to check your bag.
Me: Are we going to actually check the bag?
RaC: I need to see the bottom of the bag.
Me: *Opens the side zipper to the main compartment as I all ways do, it gives a clear visual of both the top, middle and bottom of the bag.*
RaC: No, the bottom of the bag.
Me: You can see the bottom of the bag and the rest of it through here.
RaC: I said the bottom of the bag.
Me: *Sigh* fine. *I open the top flap*
RaC: Take out the holster
Me: Oh for the love (So I pull out my gun holster and everythign attached to it, the rest of my gear is at the bottom of the bag).
Rac: Show me the bottom of the bag.
Me: THAT IS the bottom of the bag, Do I look like Marry God Damn Poppins?

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Indy,

Sorry to hear about your problems....hope they get worked out.

Just thought I'd let you know that while I was reading your post, I laughed out loud and everyone in the office wondered what the hell was going on.

What an Idiot (yes, with a capital I) to loose the hat.....

Wishing you a better day tomorrow,
Mel

Artoo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Artoo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:06 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:
*Notices my shirt*
Me: Considering you weren't even a thought in your mothers mind when it was open, I'd assume not. By the way, if you actually read the shirt. . . You'd notice *Points to address* that it was in NY...
CM: Oh....
:twisted:
And I agree: Never, EVER lose the hat!!!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Artoo wrote: And I agree: Never, EVER lose the hat!!!
He looks great in the hat. :cool: I can attest!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:03 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:This update isn't so much a Here's Your Sign as it is just a general "Did I seriously just see that ****ing happen?" update.

*Notices my shirt*
Kansas City, Kansas or Kansas City, MO?
IndyandMarion wrote: Since when is Goofy Sulley?
Huh?
IndyandMarion wrote: I love that Japanese (Male and female) will line up for ANYTHING. Including hopefully being picked as a young jedi...
Oh, heck, if I thought I could get away with it, I would line up to be picked for Jedi training! Of course, I'm just that much of a geek... :)
IndyandMarion wrote: YOU DON'T LOSE THE HAT!!!!!!!!! IF THE HARDEST PART IS KEEPING THE HAT ON, WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING AFTER THAT SINCE YOU FAILED YOU ASK? SIMPLE. . . . HOLDING ME BACK SO I DON'T KILL HIM!!!! IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT IS MORE CONCRETE THAN LIFE IS THAT YOU NEVER LOOSE THE HAT! EVER!
As I have no insider knowledge, I assume some sort of precautions are used to make it very difficult for one to have said hat become separated from one's head? It is probably near impossible to improvise rescuing the famous fedora if it does come off, I suppose....
IndyandMarion wrote: Pole. . . Pole. . . POLE! Oooooh, first aid: That way. Saw a total of three kids and two adults walk right into one of the poles out in the walkway.
Well, I can see getting lost in the magic, as it were. When one is hopped up on the excitement of being at WDW, poles can tend to jump out in front of you, so I've heard...
IndyandMarion wrote: Me: THAT IS the bottom of the bag, Do I look like Marry God Damn Poppins?
Please! It is Mary Gosh Darn Poppins. :)

I hereby vote for this to become Indy's unofficial nickname. :p: