Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:06 am

HELL
FUCKIN
YEAH
Indy!
I think he's gone tho, thankfully.

Gimme some soft serve!

CMDad
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CMDad » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:23 am

Just found this place, and as my username implies, I am the father of a WDW CM (and one former CM). While most people wouldn't believe half of the horror stories I have heard from both of them, this group will have no problem. This place is great as a place to ridicule those stupid questions without doing so to the guests face. :lol:

These particular incidents, I have encountered, as I am sure most of you have at one time or another.

Guest (at DAK, The Studios or Epcot): When we leave here we are going to Disney World (meaning MK)

At WDW HM - in the stretch room (My son, an HM CM, told me to listen for this, and sure enough I started hearing this many times)
Guest 1: Close your eyes and you will feel it ... this is actually an elevator going downstairs.
Guest 2: (Eyes closed) Yes, you're right, I can feel it!
(Note: In WDW, the room goes nowhere - the walls stretch and the ceiling rises.)

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:45 am

gurgi wrote:p.s. in your spare time... someone please someone find a way to get rid of eisner and his cronies... thanks
Don't think we haven't tried. But mark my words when the end of the world is here, Eisner, Kieth Richards and five cockroaches will be standing side by side laughing. Why, because they are not of this galaxy. (Robin Williams fans might know about the Richards and roaches thing)

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:34 am

Ah Indy good to see you back posting! I had a bit of a here's your sign once that I vaguely remembered...

On the Parade route near the hub (note this is DL)
How do we get to the matterhorn?
-Pointing to the matterhorn- The Matterhorn is right there.
-rudely- Yes but how do we get to it?!
-Me standing there wanting to scream- You walk towards it....

Yes I actually said that no I wasn't joking...ah yes guests are fun...

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:41 am

Yeah well. When you have union supporters bugging you every day about the votes, and you don't give a damn about the union because your working at the mouse house for the families that come to the parks....you tend to go into hiding for a bit until they either leave, or die.

Don't worry though, working on the list right now.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:11 am

Haaaa Indy, you are a bell to deaf EARS :wink: A warm breeze in cold winter. A spark of MAGIC to this site. Glad to see you quietly return :wink: KEEP IT UP!!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:28 am

We're workin our way through. Now before I get started, as a reminder before hell breaks out (But its Monday so it will anyways), these are all things that I've said as a joke and then gave them the correct answer

I was at the West Side one night when I called AAA because I had magically locked my keys in my car )Thank you car God( when the guy arrived I had a hanger in my window that a friend had with him and the guy asked "Your the one that locked your keys in the car?"
"Nope, just washed it, gonna hang it up to dry.

I was back in Backlot area lookin at the Auto show in costume (Like three people from the coaster crew was over there printing up FP for Super Soaps) when I had this person come up to me and ask "Is this the new auto show?" (For those of you that don't know, the show's Marque in GIANT letters said LIGHTS, MOTORS, ACTION! Extreme Motor Stunt Show)
-Nope. This is the new stage for a combination of Fantasmic, Beauty and the Beast and the return of the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

-Super Soaps (Hell on earth for anyone who doesn't watch them Day) weekends: I had a guest ask me who was in a limo we sent around empty (aside from the actor). Im not one who watches soaps so I hadn't a clue. Anyways I told them that I didn't know other than it was some soap actor. "Really?"
Nope. It was the George Bush

I'm out. I have nothing left right now. I haven't been to work in three days (Two RDO and a personal call) so it's hard to really get anything, these just came from Friday.

Peace out HYS junkies.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:25 pm

With great holiday seasons, it also brings a great amount of idiots.

Why is the wait 70 minutes?
Me: Because it is a busy day here at the Studios.
Why is it busy?
Me: Because it's Thanksgiving week and this is the beginning of the holiday season for us.
Is it really 70 minutes?
Me: Nope, it's really only 25, we're just testing you.
Why is there a lot of people in line?
Me: Because it's a busy day....(In my head)there wouldn't be a lot of people, but we heard you were coming and grabbed hundreds of people and put them in line before you got here.
NOTE: EVERY ONE OF THE QUESTIONS...CAME FROM THE SAME PERSON!

Is it really a (Enter wait time) wait?
Me: Nope, it's really about 5 hours longer.

Why aren't there any fastpasses?
Me: Because we have given the amount we distribute every day out.
Will there be any more today?
Me: No. We have given them all out for the Coaster.
So there won't be any for the other attractions?
Me: Let me consult my magic 8 ball....for you, all signs point to no. (Actual answer: Can't say for sure)

Are the machines down (About fastpass, a sign saying the reason why we dont have any more, all of them have been given out for the day)?
Me: Nope, we're just done for the day.
So they'll be up later today?
Me: Nope, we're getting ready to tear them down right now.

Fastpass return?
Me: No, it's over there (This was at Stand by)
But the sign says this is return
Me: (To myself, in my head)Go back to school and learn how to read you idiot. (Actual answer, no sir, it's over there where it states Fastpass Return)

Father: (Second part of child swap, fastpass was a little backed up) How long is the wait for Fastpass
Me: About ten minutes, eh, fifteen tops.
Wife: No it's not, I just waited in line for 40 mins.
Me: (In my head, again) Hey, blondie! Notice you waited in stand by! He isn't. You want to judge wait times, get a job here.

And that will do it for this edition, not the best but hey, we're still workin our way through.

Coldfire, ready for saturday? 44,000 in park, phase 1 closing possible.....

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:39 pm

I'm in bandit so I'll be fine. Good luck at coaster indy, you're going to need it. All I have to say is thank god that this is my last holiday season if my plans go accordingly.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:33 pm

Sweetums wrote:I don't think it needs to be locked down. It's just a little heated argument from someone who didn't understand or appreciate the purpose of the thread. Of course, I'm new here... so we'll see what really happens.

...as for getting 'back on topic'...
I was walking from Take 5 cafe' back to the B&B greenroom when I overheard a guest asking a security guard, "where do we go to ride E.T.?"
The guest had a park map spread out in front of them and to my surprise the guard started looking over the woman's shoulder to see if he could locate it on the map for her. I had to intervene, and stepped up to let them know that's at Universal Studios -not at Disney/MGM. The security guard simply said, "Oh,...thats' why we can't find it. Well there ya go."
I walked away feeling very Secure. :roll: Oh boy.
What? You think I use the words Rent a Cops for no reason? Thats about the extent of their usefulness (Its past 10:30, any words go). Only reason why they are here, is to make guests feel safe... but after the incident I had to deal with at coaster, I thank the Coaster Gods that OPD will be getting a sub station at the Studios soon. *Youll have to wait for my next topic to find out, too damn late at night for me after a "wonderful day at work" for me to start it now*