Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:08 pm

When I first got on here, I also got a little "excited" with IndyandMarion regarding what guests call certain attractions. When it was explained to me what the reason this mb exists (not that http://www.stupidguestricks.com isn't obvious), I also have begun to laugh at the stories. I especially liked the "Clumping" thread. ROFL!

You guys and gals do a hell of a lot for not a lot of money. My wife and I appreciate that and have begun to give CM compliments at City Hall (or guest relations) at WDW.
Stduck wrote:Oh if only it were that easy..... (And what is this spare time thing you speak of?). I want to extend a thanks to Gurgi, DizneyDad, and ThenIDrifted for backing us up. Thank you guys!
Well, I did back you up too. See my reply to 'disneylover.' :)

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:35 pm

DisneyLover,
If you have a problem with the site or anyone's actions you need to talk to me or one of our moderators in private. Keep the complaints off the site. My email is [email protected]

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:55 pm

leftcoaster wrote:Well, I did back you up too. See my reply to 'disneylover.' :)
Sorry Leftcoaster! (I must of missed you) I will extend my thanks too! And to Gurgi, Disney doesn't require us to do overtime unless all people of lower seniority are utilized first (as in daily OT and 6th/7th day OT)

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:02 am

Indy, i like your stories, and i have no problem with how you treat the few and far between idiots. My favorite, by far, was the one about the girl with three silver spoons in the back of her mouth that hated lines, Aerosmith, and roller coasters, i probly hate her, because i kinda like lines, as long as they move (even if they move slow), and i love coasters and Aerosmith. stupid girl. As far as any of us letting out our frustrations behind the scenes, i'd have to say, the comfor t of my own home, is about as behind the scenes as it gets.

Gimme some soft serve!

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Post by thundercatjamie » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:38 pm

It is not at all ludicrous to expect Disney CM's to treat guests in a respectable manner. If you must vent your frustrations, do so behind the scenes. IndyandMarion seems to make it a point to ridicule and mock the guests at every turn. THAT is what I find uncalled for. As a Disney shareholder, I'm disgusted to read the things he posted and I'm quite sure his bosses would not think highly of his statements, either.
I don't think Indy is actually responding this way to guests. If you took some time to read them the ones that he actually said to guests would be a funny comedic reply. This is an off stage area and he can post however he pleases. Sometimes the only thing you can do is joke with the guests. Believe me, sometimes a joke between guest and cast will keep both smiling. We are normal people believe it or not. While we are supposed to be show-ready, so long as we are not insulting the guests, you can be a regular person to them if you need to. Also his bosses probably have the funniest of stories, mine sure do. This is not being presented to a guest area so please do not act like we are all supposed to be perfect offstage.

You only get wet if it starts to rain!

No, this is a roller coaster, it does not circle around the park!!!

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:01 pm

I as well would like to thank all those non CMs who understand the purpose of this site.

and I must say that I'm glad that this site isn't strictly CMs for the reasons of sharing info with guests (yes, for those that haven't noticed we do still answer questions about the parks here) and the fact that other CM only sites don't really stay active enough for discussion, for example see the site that ends in eens.com.

so once again thank you SGT

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

AllisonY2K
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by AllisonY2K » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:39 am

I would also like to post in support of CMs. I'm sure this site is only a fraction of what all CMs deal with regularly, and frankly it's pretty damn funny! Keep up the good work, y'all. :D

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:55 am

where did all the "here's your sign" posts go? as much as its nice to see everyone supporting everyone, id like to read about more "signs" too!
:wink:

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Question of the Day

Post by thundercatjamie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:35 pm

Well of all the stupid questions the one that i heard more than once today was this: "How do I get to the Magic Kingdom"

The first person to ask had the words Fantasyland and Magic Kingdom confused.

The second guy was dead set on the fact that because he couldn't see the castle he was no longer in the Magic Kingdom. He had gotten off the train and wound up "somewhere else." After much debate I sent him back to train station.

On a sorta unrelated note did everyone like the castle? I can't seem to get the image to upload.

You only get wet if it starts to rain!

No, this is a roller coaster, it does not circle around the park!!!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:25 pm

gurgi wrote:where did all the "here's your sign" posts go? as much as its nice to see everyone supporting everyone, id like to read about more "signs" too!
:wink:
I'll get to that in a second. WARNING: Attack immanent...

First: Like the song goes, I'm back in the saddle again! But what it doesn't say, is that I've got a LOT of items to cover, so get a bag of chips, beer/cola, sit down and for your safety, keep your head, arms, feet and legs, inside the car while it is in motion.

Second: Disneylover, Who in the blue hell are you? Well, I can figure that one out, IT DOESNT MATTER WHO YOU ARE (Oh yes WWE fans, I just did).

Third: If you would actually take time to read the first part of the book, you would have seen that it in fact did say, that there are a few replys that weren't said, but thought. However, as the rule states to doing these, if you actually say one, then you tell the person it was a joke (Which you apparently can't take), and give them the right answer.

Fourth: Reffering to the last statement, if you can't take these as a joke, you don't need to be here.

Fifth: As far as your comment about my "Bosses" (Correctly called Leaders or Managers in the Disney language), they actually get a kick out of these and understand the concept. Therefor, they don't care about myself and those I know doing this as long as the rules we have set are kept up.

Sixth: Disney shareholder? Your point? It seems to me that because you are a shareholder, it makes you better than others connected to the company? Naha, not going to happen.

Seventh: Vent frustrations? Where was this established? I (As anyone will tell you that knows me) am a very laid back guy, joking is my style and what may surprise you is that a lot of the guests actually get a chuckle or a straight out laugh from the comments when they realized what they asked. But apparently you'll never know this pleasure.

For those of you who can actually take the joke or are starting to have HYS withdraws, have no fear, I'll have your fix within the next few days when the next batch is done.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand