Disney/CMN Ride-A-Thon SGT Group?

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Anna
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Disney/CMN Ride-A-Thon SGT Group?

Post by Anna » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:19 am

Makes me wonder why Universal Studios turned down a ride-a-thon for give Kids the World. GKTW approved it but Universal Orlando turned it down.

Link which tells of GKTW approval (all posts by Yaytez):
http://www.ioacentral.com/forum/topic.a ... hichpage=6

Link where it tells of Universal Studios turning it down (again read the post by Yaytez):
http://www.ioacentral.com/forum/topic.a ... hichpage=7

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tenprincess » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:32 am

I'm confused, how do we sign up on portal, or is it only something we can do at work? I would love to participate, however the blonde in me is kicking in!

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:23 am

I seem to remember from last year that if we're signing up as a team, all our forms need to be turned in together. But I could be just imagining things.

If we do want to do a team, is someone going to step up and volunteer to coordinate paperwork?

(I've basically decided to join any SGT team that exists ... I can hang out with KSR ppl anytime)

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:31 pm

With that said, for those wanting to sign up, I would suggest we compile a list on here of the e-mails that way we can keep everything going without having to constantly come here to check for updates after we get the e-mails set right.

As far as the portal goes, you should have gotten an account set up when you first arrived at the park you were/are working at. If not, just stop by the learning center at your park and have them set up an account for you.

Im sure everyone would be more than happy to do that, only problem with it being in Fantasyland, yeah, it will be packed.

If we wanted to just get a group together and invade a park sometime, we should obviously get shirts (Id make my own because of the whole HYS situation and the fan base Im collecting over it) that way the CMs will know who is invading. I'd be willing to set one up in this case at least if nothing else.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

SpeedwayHasBeen
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SpeedwayHasBeen » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:11 pm

definitely count me in!! i cant sign up on the portal anymore but meh! my AIM is on my prof so someone IM me with all the deets!!!

L to the I

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tenprincess » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:57 am

Sorry, maybe i should have been more exact. How do we sign up for the cmn ride-a-thon through portal? I found information on it, but no where to sign up. I am definatly interested though.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:53 am

Usually there are forms at Company D Locations (Team Disney in CA), ask mgr for details (of course they'll probably refer you to portal). I think we should just meeet up at a predetermined area. Usually sign up is at the right of Ferry Dock in the covered area by TTC Breakroom. :crowd:

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:57 pm

Well......I just found out in todays E&E that THIS years Fantasyland 5K is to be sign up on the Children's Miracle Network Webside, requires a credit card, and there is no sign up on property at all....NICE! I am so Fantasmic!-ly miffed! yet another thing I am screwed out of this year! This event was for CastMemebrs to have fun raising money...but because the event was so full..now here is a way NOT to have alot of CM's attend..(NICE BOB REAL NICE! I SEE Darth Eisner HAS TRAINED YOU WELL!)...I have a Credit Card but I dont want to sign up on their site and be barraged with E-Mails/Mail begging for money once a week and some of my friends dont have Credit Cards to sign up on. Seem a little dishonest to you collect money from people put it into your account then "Pay" the amount to them on your credit card......I collect 1,000.00 and "pledge" 200.00...I just ammde $800.00
NICE...I see communtiy relations thought this one out. Sorry to Snow Witchso much but it's just another thing that has had MAGIC sucked dry from it...I understand if eveyone bails on this event...Im so sooory :mad: :(

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:16 pm

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:Well......I just found out in todays E&E that THIS years Fantasyland 5K is to be sign up on the Children's Miracle Network Webside, requires a credit card, and there is no sign up on property at all....NICE!
From the CMN website:

*Disney Cast Members: Either register online or hand-deliver checks and/or money orders (made out to Children's Miracle Network) with the registration and pick up your goody bags:
November 8-11th, between 9:00a.m. & 4:00p.m.
Team Disney, 101 North, Dining Room A
Any questions call 407-828-3453

It looks like we CAN register in person, without a credit card. I think in order to get the pin you have to register online, but if we just want to go and have fun, we don't have to register online (from every picture I've seen, this year's pin is exactly the same as last years ... )

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:06 pm

Thanks for the update none of my managers new otherwise...they should have posted in eyes and ears...thanks for the info...I had a very very bad personal day yesterday and it flipped me out...am i forgiven all? please?