Help! How many points is no call/no show?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
melmel
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Help! How many points is no call/no show?

Post by melmel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:04 pm

I know you get disciplined which I can deal with--I'm no lifer-- but how many POINTS is it for a no call/no show?

melmel
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Help! How many points is no call/no show?

Post by melmel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:39 pm

Come on, this is a CM website. SOMEONE'S got to know, or know a place on the portal i can go to check it?

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:53 pm

3 points for each No Call/No Show. If you get 3 No Call/No Shows in a row you get terminated.

BTW yes this is a CM website but sometimes it takes longer than 35 minutes for someone to reply to your post.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

under the mouse's thumb
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by under the mouse's thumb » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:28 pm

i was told by my manager that 3 no call/ no shows in a year, you get termed. watch out, because they are headhunting for points right now, no matter how many guests like you, or how good your record otherwise is.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:52 pm

And you do get a written for just one NC/NS.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:06 pm

I know this may sound silly, but do they no longer call to check up on you if you NS?

I can remember my first or second year in merchandise, forgetting I had a shift and being woken up by a phone call from one of our department supervisors (managers), who thereafter referred to me as "Sleeping Beauty." I made it in, albeit very late, but it was only a late on my record. And it didn't happen again.

Am I correct in assuming that the departments aren't calling NS's just for the sake of getting rid of people if at all possible? The more I read about this "presenteeism" policy, along with some of the other changes, the less appealing the company looks. It seems that the only goal is to operate, without cultivating the loyalty and respect of the CM's - how can you have a dedicated workforce if it appears the company is taking them in and spitting them out with little regard?

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:33 pm

Now I can't speak for DLR, or even for all of WDW...but in my corner of the World, our leaders never call if you don't show. I've never pulled a NS/NC myself, but have definitely seen others do it.

When you ask, "hey, where is ____?", nobody knows, because nobody followed up on it. I've always just found that odd. Every other job I've ever had (outside of Disney), management always called to see where you were if you didnt' show up for your shift. In some cases, it could be a very honest mistake like BirdMom's situation - someone forgot about a shift or just overslept or something, but at least you run the chance of getting that CM to come in for part of the shift or still come in and work their full shift, rather than have to be short on staff for the day.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:12 pm

BirdMom wrote:I know this may sound silly, but do they no longer call to check up on you if you NS?
Scheduling still calls everyone who is a NS. Leads call scheduling after check-in @ report all NS. I was a NS & was up in scheduling :eek: Simply got my times mixed up. Extremely embarrassed, yet scheduling has gotten alot of mileage out of my stupidity :) All points can now be viewed on Portal. I have the card which tells how to access if any need this info. Have found D L is far easier on CMs (time wise) than DCA.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:31 am

I think a big part of it too, is who you have as leads that night, and how attentive the roll call lead is. Whoever is updating that paperwork usually calls scheduling to check on the wayward cast member, and from there the scheduler calls their home number. Of course, if they're not at home, that produces a bit of a problem...

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:51 pm

Ho-say wrote:Now I can't speak for DLR, or even for all of WDW...but in my corner of the World, our leaders never call if you don't show. I've never pulled a NS/NC myself, but have definitely seen others do it. When you ask, "hey, where is ____?", nobody knows, because nobody followed up on it. I've always just found that odd.
That seems scary.

We had a situation on Mansion when one of our longtime CM's was always the first one in, always kicked off the rotation at opening in the most forward postion. One morning he didn't appear in service to go off to his spot in the rotation and everyone had seen him earlier. After getting the ride open, the A-lead went looking for him and found him slumped over in the break room - he'd had a stroke. It just seems that it would be to the advantage of your area to call - especially on those longtime, dependable CM's who are getting up there in years.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]