Stupid Driving Trick

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
iridium130
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by iridium130 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:37 pm

:lol:

They grill that stuff into you....I drive 13 mph in structures some times :lol:

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

ohhh jeeze

Post by BirdMom » Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:13 pm

I know when I've been brain fried I've answered the phone at home "Pirates" or "Mansion" to peels of hysterical laughter on the other end (thank goodness it's been fellow castmembers calling when that's happened)

:roll:

BassPlayer2001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by BassPlayer2001 » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:57 pm

or the wonderful pointing with two fingers trick, I don't think I'll ever stop doing that, even off duty, or for some sick perverted reason, I saw an exit that had backed up on to the 57 freeway, and said to my roommate (another CM), to look how bad the exit was cascading, which, in Space Mountain terms is the ride backing up to the point of break-down, he laughed for hours, and I'll never live it down. :oops:

I also seem to recall an e-mail forward of a top 10 list of ways to tell you've been a Disneyland/WDW Cast Member, and the one that sticks out most prominently was "you think the toilets are mad at you because they don't flush by themselves. :lol:

"Thank you, and have a pleasant tour"

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:54 pm

I still use the two finger point when working at wal-mart now. who was it we offenend with the one finger point anyway? The swedish?

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

mahaihai
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

stupid point

Post by mahaihai » Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:13 am

I find that even when i am in the park as a guest i point with two fingers or lead with my hands like we were taught in Disney U. But worst of all i find myself being overly helpful when not in costume just like i would be if i were in costume. Stupid guest services training
:throw:

tabacco
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tabacco » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:24 pm

The worst is trying to stop yourself wishing people with stickers a happy birthday ;)

Parents think I'm a child molester or something when I talk to their kids out of costume.

Filmdirector17
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Filmdirector17 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:04 pm

Yeah the two finger point is evil, several of my friends have "pointed" that out to me on serveral occasions, sorry bad joke. I know when walking around the park I am always tempted to do the birthday stciker thing or tell someone they are not in a smoking section, then I realize I'm not workin and off I go.

Excuse me what time is the four o' clock parade?

MK Tunnel Rat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Off the clock

Post by MK Tunnel Rat » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:59 pm

I knew I wasn't the only one who found themselves 'guest servicing' when not in costume. I hate it when that happens. And I just know one day some parent is going to drag their child away from me cause they think I'm going to steal him/her.
But the freakiest thing is when some guest asks me for directions or something and I'm just standing there not doing anything 'CM-like'. I swear, nothing. Not standing behind the register on the phone, not coming out of the office cause I wanted a cold drink of water while the rest of the guests die in the heat......nothing.
Maybe I do have a tattoo on my forehead that everyone but me can see that says "information booth". Can't I just be a normal, clueless, pissy guest like everyone else?

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:10 pm

You know that is amazing. I worked at Disneyland for a year and I still have guests come up to me asking me questions about the park. Doesn't matter if I am sitting down smoking or just walking around. I used to joke with my friends about that. You get the letters "CM" tattooed in invisible ink that only guests can see and you are forever branded. Somehow they can always find you. It's a teensy bit scary when you think about it. :wink:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat May 03, 2003 2:55 pm

That happens to me everywhere! Last week, I was in a Waldenbooks store and a man came up to me and asked where the Sci-Fi section was...I've never worked in a bookstore in my life! Even in civvies at the park, I still get asked questions about what's where...maybe it's because people think that we actually don't look confused in our surroundings?

Ya think???

:roll: