guests can't read

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
rocketman666
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

guests can't read

Post by rocketman666 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:47 pm

Well I work at mission space a notorious ride for making people puke I mean hell we even has puke bags on the ride. in addition to all of this we also have 12 signs that u pass by before getting on the ride and many screens showing exactly what u will be doing SPINNING that’s it and I still have people that have pulled down their restraint and are ready to go and say "DOES THIS SPIN " AHHHH at this point I just close the capsule
And send the ride

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: guests can't read

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:56 pm

Very typical rocketman. I had @ least 25 guests last night who insisted their meal vouchers could be used toward clothing discounts :rolleyes: Guests won't/can't read signs nor tickets. There's no hope! After the park closed we arrived @ K Lot & 2 guests were on the CM shuttle asking to be taken to their hotel :eek: Big hearted Emporium CM loaded these guests into his jeep & transported them back to hotel off property. As he passed me in K Lot he stated gruffly; "Adult guests are far worse than children!!"

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm

They can't read, can't look up at a sign that answers their questions, don't
know their right from their left, don't know their primary colors, can't count
higher than five and are obsessed with how much a wait time is going to be.

The most alarming thing is that these people drive.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:21 am

it's not that they CAN'T read... it's just that they DON'T read. guests don't pay $XXX dollars to read signs all day long.

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]

VICisGOOFY
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by VICisGOOFY » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:47 am

rocketman666 wrote:Well I work at mission space a notorious ride for making people puke I mean hell we even has puke bags on the ride. in addition to all of this we also have 12 signs that u pass by before getting on the ride and many screens showing exactly what u will be doing SPINNING that’s it and I still have people that have pulled down their restraint and are ready to go and say "DOES THIS SPIN " AHHHH at this point I just close the capsule
And send the ride
Congrats, you just found out an age old fact. GUESTS DON'T READ AND LISTEN!

There is only ONE Mickey Mouse at WDW!!

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:57 am

It's just not at Disney where these idiots won't read signs. I've had several clients show up late because they didn't read their summons. I've had many no shows. I mean come on people you don't want to go to jail do you because you are too lazy to read something. It happens at the airports quite a bit too. I fly a lot through Atlanata, and they have signs in 6 languages to direct people to their planes, and people constantly go to the wrong gate.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

murf
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by murf » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:03 am

yes its true and sad really... these people are let loose onto this earth and they can't read yet you wonder how they ever get around on life! Maybe its just that I dont have a lot of money to waste or that my mother was always looking for just a bit more than the norm when I grew up but I was always taght to read and "discover" everything around my environment. of course I still miss signs etc. on occasion.. (heck I just learned how ebay bidding works and that lil tidbit pops up EVERYtime I was out bid by another person) and yes if working at Disneyland has taught me anything its to slow down and read and those visiting wont read, listen or ask for help until they are pissed off!

The world is a carousel of color

Oh yeah, WELCOME HOME!

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:29 am

Main Streeter wrote:Very typical rocketman. I had @ least 25 guests last night who insisted their meal vouchers could be used toward clothing discounts :rolleyes: Guests won't/can't read signs nor tickets. There's no hope! After the park closed we arrived @ K Lot & 2 guests were on the CM shuttle asking to be taken to their hotel :eek: Big hearted Emporium CM loaded these guests into his jeep & transported them back to hotel off property. As he passed me in K Lot he stated gruffly]
The guests should know that the Cast Shuttle is for CAST ONLY!!! Something should be done about that so it doesn't happen again!
saidthekat wrote:it's not that they CAN'T read... it's just that they DON'T read. guests don't pay $XXX dollars to read signs all day long.
You have to remember that they only pay to get INTO the parks, and not to read or listen!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:11 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote: You have to remember that they only pay to get INTO the parks, and not to read or listen!!
Odd. They can tell the second admission prices go up. They will quote wait
times to the minute. They know a bag of chips and a hot dog will cost eight
bucks. They are devious enough to try carrying their kid through a height
check and (a actually think they're the first to do this and (b that they'll get
away with it.

But a simple "Fastpass Return" sign just baffles them. A little blue marker with
a number four on it becomes calculus. "Continue up to the first gate"
seems to be communique from an alien galaxy.

New nomenclature! "Baffledism"!

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:26 am

I had one of these today myself. I was running food at Hungry Bear, and called out the guest's reciept number three times before I called out the actual order and finally got his attention. Good greif, people! If you expect your food to be hot, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR ORDER NUMBER for crying out loud!