OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

Post by Stduck » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:55 pm

I was at the Haunted Mansion after spending 2 straight weeks at Winne the Pooh. At foyer.

-in a happy bouncy voice- "Bounce on in.." -changes tone- "I mean right this way...we've been dying to have you"

I still stumble over some of the canoe jokes, as we have no written spiel all the jokes are passed down from CM to CM. Here is one I gave.

-On the left side of the river is the indian chief on his horse- "Up here on the left folks is our Indian Chief coming down to the river to show off his brand new 2006 FORD Mustang."
The joke isn't supposed to mention Ford it really goes.
"Up here on the left is our Indian Chief coming down to the river to show off his brand new 2006 Mustang. He traded it in for the old Bronco. As you can see its got all leather exterior, fully convertable with 4 on the floor. Only problem it only has 1 horse power."

-On the left is the Indian Village- "Up here on the left is our Friendly Indian Village of Pinewood Indians. To answer your questions folks they really are made out of Pinewood and yes they really are Indians"

For those who do not know the Joke it goes "Coming up on the left is the Village of Friendly Pinewood Indians. To answer your questions folks, yes they really are Indians, yes they really are friendly and yes they really are made out of Pinewood. Except the Shamen, he's got the wolf on his head, you can tell by his bark he's made out of Dogwood."

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm

Panther007 wrote:that laughter must be from the ladies, the guys were probally scared
Could'nt tell but it was funny. Oh after an 11 hr day and a 4 beer dinner i did'nt quite spell hydraulic right. :cool:

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:52 am

Panther007 wrote:you should have said
And here we are at Disney's brand new experiment, Invisible Fish, you put our new gel on the fish and it will turn invisible, it is good for hiding rare fish from fishermen, but sadly we cant use it on people, but we can use it on your money, you come in, shake our hands, touch your $$$$$ and it will turn invisible, and while we wash the park we spray on some invisible gel remover and keep your cash :p: :p: :p: :p:
Damn that's good..I need to work on my improv skills.

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

EpcotGolfer
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by EpcotGolfer » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:18 pm

At Safaris, I once called Saddle-billed Storks "The tallest stork in all of Africa, they can stand five feet tall and weigh 750 pounds." To be fair, they were standing next to some Greater Kudu who do weigh that much. Of course, I didn't notice it until we were out of Ituri Forest and a guest asked me "The storks really weigh 750 pounds?" That was a real Did-I-Just-Say-That moment.

There's several times I see an animal that we've already seen (especially in West Savannah) and I give the same animal facts twice. Of course, I usually catch it and follow it up with a "As I've already told you."

And I've called Ms. Jobson "Ms. Wilson" too many times to mention.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:04 pm

One of my friends at KSR has accidentally said "Our reserve is patrolled at all times by airborne elephants"

I was at trains today: "My name is hhsrat, and I'll be your conductor for your 2 week photo safari through the harambe wildlife reserve".

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:38 am

Im still getting used to spieling for my ride. My first three dispatches, I probably had the train leave before I could get my dispatch spiel out of my mouth. LOL

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Panther007
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Panther007 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:35 pm

hhsrat wrote:One of my friends at KSR has accidentally said "Our reserve is patrolled at all times by airborne elephants"
so thats what Dumbo has been doing now, i thought he retired

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:35 pm

EpcotGolfer wrote: Of course, I didn't notice it until we were out of Ituri Forest and a guest asked me "The storks really weigh 750 pounds?" That was a real Did-I-Just-Say-That moment.
Wait! Guests actually LISTENED to something someone said on Safari? That's gotta be a first.

I came very close to (but managed to stop myself in time) calling Wilson asking where Big and Little Red were, while I was in Ituri today.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue May 16, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm like my mom in that sometimes words get mixed up when they come out of my mouth. I know I've said some doozies, but I can only think of one right now.

I was greeting in FL when I worked attractions, and it happened to be Gay Days. Part of our job is roping off for Wishes and the whole bit, so I'm pretty familiar with the show. A girl in line for WTP asked me about Tinkerbell, and without even thinking about the fact there were about 5 guys with red shirts behind her I started my little Tinkerbell Spiel with, "Well, a little fairy told me..." I realized what I'd said as soon as I said it, and the guys started laughing when they saw the look on my face. I was totally embarassed!

Petite and Proud!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed May 17, 2006 3:19 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:I'm like my mom in that sometimes words get mixed up when they come out of my mouth. I know I've said some doozies, but I can only think of one right now.

I was greeting in FL when I worked attractions, and it happened to be Gay Days. Part of our job is roping off for Wishes and the whole bit, so I'm pretty familiar with the show. A girl in line for WTP asked me about Tinkerbell, and without even thinking about the fact there were about 5 guys with red shirts behind her I started my little Tinkerbell Spiel with, "Well, a little fairy told me..." I realized what I'd said as soon as I said it, and the guys started laughing when they saw the look on my face. I was totally embarassed!
So, were these guys all short or,oh never mind. :twisted: