OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

Post by Notatourist » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Not disney..but...Welcome to Soundstage 18 home to ABC's newest S***com, "Hi Honey..."

Yes, I realized it.

oooops....

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:37 am

Notatourist wrote:Not disney..but...Welcome to Soundstage 18 home to ABC's newest S***com, "Hi Honey..."

Yes, I realized it.

oooops....
Technically, it's half Disney.

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:50 am

Nope. It's not, and at the time, it wasn't.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

MagliteL13
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by MagliteL13 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:45 pm

At Jungle, I used to do a spiel late at night while waiting for a rescue boat (which can be up to a minute and a half later).

It usually goes:

"Ya know, I had a pet turtle named Pete....I ran him over with my car. I had another pet turtle named Pete...my brother ran him over with his car. I had a brother named Pete...." etc...

On a rather tired evening...

"Ya know, I had a pet terd named Pete."
Without missing a beat, the backload person said "He musta been a really crappy pet."

I'll mix up the inspiration and schwietzer falls speils occasionally.-- For me, they both start with "A lot of people usually ask me, 'Hey! Why do you call it [insert waterfall name] falls?'"

From my old days working at Pecos (burger joint in Frontierland), we would do the "Code of the West" as part of a Magical Moment. It usually goes "I promise to 'Respect the land,' 'Defend the defenseless,' 'and never EVER spit infront of women or children.' Or one time "and never EVER spit on women or children."

Guest: Where are the fireworks?
Me: [points up]

cheshire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by cheshire » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:00 pm

Don't forget the ever popular queue speil given over the all ride. Very easy to do at Splash.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:39 am

Just the other day, my lead, who was also the lead for HISTA/ Astro and Monorail (MonoHISTA) on that particular day, told how he heard that one of the monorail drivers spieled over the radio. Next thing you heard was "Control copies!", :P!!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Jumboshrmp
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jumboshrmp » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:42 pm

Principessa1284 wrote:"If you look to your left, the large birds sitting on the shore are pink backed pellicans. They work together to heard sheep (fish) into shallow water to eat."
Did anybody catch that one?

Panther007
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Panther007 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:45 pm

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:
Land boat ride (during aquacell rehab with no fish): I am supposed to be talking about expiramental fish farming, Aquaculture) even without fish in the tanks:

"Here we are experimenting with Aquapuncture (pause) (beat beat beat)we found out that it didn't relax the fish in quite the way we wanted, thats why we dont have any fish right now (laughing hystericaly at myself, blank stares from the 98% non english speaking guests on the tour)!"
you should have said
And here we are at Disney's brand new experiment, Invisible Fish, you put our new gel on the fish and it will turn invisible, it is good for hiding rare fish from fishermen, but sadly we cant use it on people, but we can use it on your money, you come in, shake our hands, touch your $$$$$ and it will turn invisible, and while we wash the park we spray on some invisible gel remover and keep your cash :p: :p: :p: :p:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:43 pm

Reading this thread i have to put my faux paus. Busy Sat, hungover(my fault), Equipment is being brought back a thousand miles an hour (rental place). Over the intercomi'm yelling" lawnmower coming in,ditcher coming in,hybrolic dick cutter coming in ",All of a sudden i hear "WHAT?"Oh s**t i think to myself ,a little slower i said "HYDROLIC BRICK CUTTER coming in". The sad part, i could the laughter from a showroom full of people all the way out back. :eek:

Panther007
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Panther007 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:41 am

darph nader wrote:Reading this thread i have to put my faux paus. Busy Sat, hungover(my fault), Equipment is being brought back a thousand miles an hour (rental place). Over the intercomi'm yelling" lawnmower coming in,ditcher coming in,hybrolic dick cutter coming in ",All of a sudden i hear "WHAT?"Oh s**t i think to myself ,a little slower i said "HYDROLIC BRICK CUTTER coming in". The sad part, i could the laughter from a showroom full of people all the way out back. :eek:

that laughter must be from the ladies, the guys were probally scared