OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

Post by CerasiJ » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:52 pm

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:"And here, ladies and gentlemen is Mickey Mouse in his most famous role as (blam!)... Jesus Christ!" :eek: .
OMG!!! AHAHA!!! That's just great! :D:

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:42 pm

Well today I was being trained and trying to learn 4 attractions at once, so I got a little muddle headed today and was spieling at Buzz Lightyears Astroblasters. I had got my spiel down the first time the nest two times I kept calling the attraction Buzz Lightyear's Astro Obrbiters, much to my trainers chagrin. Then I freaked when the door to the arena wouldnt open, then a Guest behind me said...why not trry pulling on it instead of pushing...I am such an idiot. (I win an Oops and a HYS today)

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

mellimeter
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mellimeter » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:59 pm

hhsrat wrote:Ooh! Safari Bloopers! I've had my share

- mixed up animal facts, gave a wingspan for an antelope
- repeated the same paragraph ... in one case, 3 times during one ride
- identified a duck as a hippo (the sun was in my eyes!)
- mixed up pink back pelicans and greater flamingos, ending up with either pink flamingos or greater pelicans. Also said "the greater flamingos have the lightest pink coloring of any pelican"

others I've heard but haven't said:

- identified termite mounds as thompson's gazelles
- claimed that elephants like to hide behind termite mounds
- claimed that a flamingo was the fastest land animal, running at up to 70 miles per hour
- confused black and white rhinos
I too am a Safari CM (wonder if we've met before), and I can certainly add my 2 cents in here. I've repeated the "Look of the Savannah is created by the animals that live here" spiel twice in one trip. . .called an Impala and Gazelle, and my personal favorite was when I said "see those large cones of earth? Those are termite mounds, they are concrete". . .

SmartGuest
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SmartGuest » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:37 am

LiveWire wrote:I hate being at jungle when I can't be my usual lively self. I feel bad for the people on my boat when I can't give it my all. Good thing no one listens to us anyway.
Sure we do, LiveWire! ;) I honestly always laugh at the Jungle Cruise spiel. Think it was because my dad had one of the corniest senses of humor going and I must have inherited it. After all, the Jungle Cruise is a great place to "beheaded," right? :) I was once on the DL Jungle Cruise with two sisters from New Zealand. They had never been on JC before and were laughing out loud at the spiel. The CM seemed to be getting a kick out of their appreciation.

murf
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by murf » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:04 am

We've all stumbled with our words before its only human!
I've got a few of my own..
Workin @ Mickey & Friends...
Welcome aboard the Lion King.. OOPs wrong side
entering parkside...
the tram is now approaching our one and only stop please exit to the drivers left hand side.. sorry, for those of you going to the theme parks please exit to the right if you would like to be run over by a passing tram then continue exiting to the left. (The driver about fell out of the cab laughing at me that day!)
Workin on the Lion King tram..
Welcome aboard the Lion king tram we will be returning to the Mickey & Friends parking structure (ever have other CM's give that your a moron look?)
;)

The world is a carousel of color

Oh yeah, WELCOME HOME!

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:20 pm

mellimeter wrote:I too am a Safari CM (wonder if we've met before),
If you're a current driver, chances are, yes, i do know you.

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am

Me in my head:"Hover Duck ...Hover Duck...Hover Duck....God please let it come out Hover Duck!"
(2 minutes later, putting the mic down inside my head) "Damn!"

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

mellimeter
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mellimeter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:08 pm

hhsrat wrote:If you're a current driver, chances are, yes, i do know you.
Yes, I'm a current driver. . .but I only work weekends. . .

Principessa1284
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Principessa1284 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:05 pm

"If you look to your left, the large birds sitting on the shore are pink backed pellicans. They work together to heard sheep (fish) into shallow water to eat."

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:31 pm

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:Heard a story from a friend about an incident a few years back at Great Movie Ride. AS one of the cars was traveling into the Wizard of Oz Scene it broke down stopping halfway into Oz and Halfway into the Sorcerer Mickey scene, unfortunatley the car bahind had begun to move out of the Casbalanca Scene and into the Sorcerer Scene because the "Guide" had the green light to continue. The Guides back was turned to the "Guests" and she had begun her spiel. (Supposed to be "And here, ladies and gentlemen is Mickey Mouse in his most famous role as the Sorcerer's Apprentice...")
Well the spiel started as normal, until the car slamed into the car in front of it, and was delivered as: "And here, ladies and gentlemen is Mickey Mouse in his most famous role as (blam!)..Jesus Christ!" :eek: .
That is great!! I think that is the best one yet. :D:

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]