OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

Post by delsdad » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 pm

CycloneMan wrote:One time during a ride evac, I spieled to the vehicle, "We will be getting you off one row at a time!" It must have been the way I said it, because the entire back half started cracking up. :oweye:
I guess they enjoy a ride with a "Happy Ending" :twisted:

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 am

I was loading elephants on Dumbo and one party ended up without an elephant. I looked at the elephant right by the exit gate, and saw a little boy who had not been in the line when I counted. I saw his father right by the exit gate and confronted him. "Is that the way you are bringing up your child, to lie and to cheat?" The A$$hole father said, "you better watch your mouth, girlie". I couldn't get him to take the child out so the other guests had to wait for the next ride. Jerk. I don't regret what I said, but he was very intimidating. Girlie? I was 34 years old.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 am

I can't even imagine calling a lady that. Just confirms what he says.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 am

Then there was the time I climbed on my boat and saw all the dark-haired guests facing Monstro. Cool, I thought, I get to do my spiel in Spanish. Bienvenidos a Storybookland! They turned around with red dots on their foreheads and said, "We don't speak Spanish." Awkward.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:I was loading elephants on Dumbo and one party ended up without an elephant. I looked at the elephant right by the exit gate, and saw a little boy who had not been in the line when I counted. I saw his father right by the exit gate and confronted him. "Is that the way you are bringing up your child, to lie and to cheat?" The A$$hole father said, "you better watch your mouth, girlie". I couldn't get him to take the child out so the other guests had to wait for the next ride. Jerk. I don't regret what I said, but he was very intimidating. Girlie? I was 34 years old.
How come you didn't? Couldn't you say the ride wouldn't start until they left? Or is that not allowed

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote: The A$$hole father said, "you better watch your mouth, girlie".
A friends wife was a flight attendant. On one flight a passenger addressed her as sugar britches. A little later in the flight she was walking down the aisle with a tray of drinks, stumbled over a virtual foot, and unloaded the tray on "sugar britches."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 am

I was picking up dessert from the Werther's shop in Germany (the name escapes me right now), when the CM handed me my brownie saying, "Here's your popcorn!". Luckily, she was quick enough to claim the German word for "brownie" is "popcorn", but something tells me that's not entirely true :p:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 am

KieranDotW wrote:I was picking up dessert from the Werther's shop in Germany (the name escapes me right now), when the CM handed me my brownie saying, "Here's your popcorn!". Luckily, she was quick enough to claim the German word for "brownie" is "popcorn", but something tells me that's not entirely true :p:
Hmmm... I think you may be right! Iinm, popcorn in German means, well, popcorn. I would expect Brownie in German to have something to do with schokolade or kuchen.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:40 am

WEDFan wrote:Hmmm... I think you may be right! Iinm, popcorn in German means, well, popcorn. I would expect Brownie in German to have something to do with schokolade or kuchen.
According to Google Translate "Schokoladenkuchen" is German for brownie.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 am

Shorty82 wrote:According to Google Translate "Schokoladenkuchen" is German for brownie.
That's "chocolate cake" which probably works. Might add an adjective like kleine or something else. Any Germans out there? :D: