OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: OMG! What did I just Say?! (Spiel Oopies)

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Zazu wrote:It was a very quiet day at the front desk, and folks were making up rhymes and limricks about Disney. I just printed out these lyrics and passed them around.
My new habit is to sing along with Wishes, only I sing "FISHES! and Manatees!
FISHES! At the Living Seas...."

I am cross training to become an offical Thunder Cat along with other Splash Trash, yesterday we were made fun of at power up as each of us spieled...."Attention on Thunder Mountain Lift C willl be activated placing zero logs in motion"...one after the other.

Well, technically, we didn't lie :D:

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

Mansion Butler
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mansion Butler » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:26 am

Heard by an unfortunate stretching room of guests:

"May I have your attention. Please grab your wretched bodies. . ." I didn't finish it. I was too stunned at what I said.

More than once I accidently told them to step on to the blood red carpet. Not sure why I said it, but every time I was angry and perplexed that everyone was up against the walls with the center of the room empty.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:33 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:My new habit is to sing along with Wishes, only I sing "FISHES! and Manatees!
FISHES! At the Living Seas...."
Sadly "Fishes! At the Seas with Nemo and Friends ..." doesn't really have the same ring to it. Not quite sure why they had to rename the pavillion ... although, I guess with the nemo-ification, not everything there is living?

disneymaniac81
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disneymaniac81 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:39 pm

Yeti Chaser wrote:How about one day while working a shift at Soarin' to keep my proficiencies I handed a guest a FLIK Card and said: "Please give this to an Expedition Tour Guide before you board your train to the mountain". Got some strange looks on that one. :sparky:
Nice one yeti man I did the same thing ironically at soarin I went to do the preflight speil and said Namaste Welcome to Kali Rapids Expeditions the number one rafting company in anandapur ... then I stopped

NAMOUSTEundefined

ziggyfmt
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ziggyfmt » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:50 am

Ok...I need to set the scene quickly first. I hadn't worked the Beauty and the Beast theatre show for about 3 weeks, and had gone from a Fantasmic! 3-show-night the night before, to coming in around 10 am for BatB. I am at the greeter position and my manager asked me to try and sell the show, hoping to reduce crowds later in the day. I have been announcing it a few times already when she comes back and jokingly says "Sell! Sell!" I should be saying, "Next showing of Beauty and the Beast starts in 5 minutes!" Of course...lucky me...I yell, "Next showing of Fantasmic! starts in 5 minutes!" :eek:
Of course my manager turns quickly with a shocked smile and corrects me. Luckily no guests asked about it, but of course the jokes came in from CMs in the area. ;)

"Excuse me, do you work here?" No...I'm just making a fashion statement with this lovely shirt and nametag for the fun of it!:duh:
"What time is the 3 o'clock parade?":banghead:
Josh
Ex-Parade/Fantasmic!/TOTS Cast Member
:chernabog :skellingt

CelebrationNM
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CelebrationNM » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:23 pm

We were giving a walking tour and the other guide was explaining how he likes to be "self-depreciating" during tours to make the guests feel more comfortable. But instead of "self-depreciating" he said "self-deficating."

I turned and looked at him like he had two heads and he realised his mistake.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:05 am

When I was working at The Seas with Nemo and Friends I decided that it might be a good idea to learn a little Spanish. I got tired of the non English speakers stopping the lines (when we it had lines) to try and figure out how many people could go in a shell.

So I looked it up and one day in my best Spanish I started screaming

Un or dos per concha!

I did this a number of times smiling away and feeling so proud of myself.

Then I started to get some weird looks from the Spanish guest. One lady gave me a horrified look as she walked past.

IT was then a Puerto Rican Friend of mine explained that I was saying the wrong word for shell. I was saying something pretty nasty

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:35 am

Concha is the correct Spanish word for shell, but it also is slang for a certain part of a woman's anatomy. ;) One or two persons per car would have been more appropiate: Una o dos personas por carro.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:39 am

Sometimes, things sound better in your head than when they come out.

I often like to sound out the acronyms that people wear on their shirts. Usually it creates a funny word if it's not designed to be such.

The problem arises, however, when you get someone wearing a hoodie for their college, and you ask what an ucf is.

Good thing this young lady had a sense of humor, or I could have been dead,

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Not exactly a Spiel Oopsie but it was overhead by many and I (at least) still think it's highly funny, at least to me.

I remember when I was still at SeaWorld, we had one crazy two week period where I was moving all over the Stadium Ops department to fill in voids since I was one of the few completely cross-trained all over the park.
Needless to say, it was a very LONG week.

By the end this is what happened:
I've got the radios for both Whale and Dolphin as well as Sealion and Otter tacked to my belt since one lead was out that day and the other went to lunch. Being the most senior person in the area (sad when your 17) I got stuck with both. Sealion (my normal location) was call sign 222. Whale and Dolphin was 221.

(I'm SO glad I saved this conversation all these years! It's a classic of what went on normally)

Radio: 221, Respond, we didn't get your show count.
Me: Obliviously trying to close my own damn show, radio can wait.
Radio: 221, Respond we need your count.
Me: 221, 10-4 but I'm busy Don. I'll call it in when I get it.
Radio: 221, Carrie where the hell is (Lead) aren't you done running doubles?
Me: Shut. Up. I know where you are and No, I'm not apparently.

......all is well for about 10 minutes which gives me enough time to close my show, I knew what was coming. Trying to walk down the pathway between shows, it's crowded and the radios are both at FULL volume to be heard (we didn't have ear pieces back then).

Radio: 221 and 222, I need you show counts.
Me in full smart-ass mode now: I CANNAE DOOO IT CAPTAIN! We JUST doesn't have the ANSWER! (Mind you, I'm being very loud)
Radio (Someone else over at Shamu): Someone get Sealion some Dylithium Crystals, STAT!
Radio Ops Control: Sorry 221, 222. We're out of those.
Radio JTA: DUCT TAPE IT!
Me: You realize I'm standing in the middle of the pathway laughing right now, right? People can hear you.
Radio: (Loudly) HI PEOPLES! (People have stopped to listen to this, getting a good laugh out of us in the process. We always put on a good show back then even when being silly).
Me: I'm dumping you all in the shark tank.
Radio Ops: 10-4. So, those show counts?

:rolleyes:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!