Get The Hell Out Now!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
xtinkerbell84x
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Get The Hell Out Now!

Post by xtinkerbell84x » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:57 am

Over the summer, there was a bad storm at Fantasmic! during show exit.
Guests had pretty much cleared, with the exception of a few stragglers. So we start picking up the trash, and lightning is VERY close, so I scream out to the CMs in the house, "EVERYONE PULL OUT NOW, WE HAVE TO CLEAR THIS THEATER, IT'S NOT SAFE FOR US." So we all pull out of the benches, I radio the manager, and tell him I pulled everyone out and we're clearing the stragglers. So we explain to the guests hiding out under the concession stands that it was unsafe for them to be there and they needed to leave.
*que dumbfounded look* Why? *thinking to myself* DO YOU NOT SEE THE METAL BENCHES AND THE LIGHTNING?! Personally, I'd like to see you electrocuted, but yeah, that can't happen, now can it, because I'm the house captain here, and I'm responsible for your safety and the safety of my cast.

And here's Disney management for ya:
So I call the house is clear, the manager calls back and says, "Get your cast back in to clean." At this point it is POURING down rain. So, I tell the cast we have to go back in to clean. As soon as we do, lightning strikes the catwalk in House 1. And the manager frantically comes on the radi o and says, "House captains, pull your cast NOW. Everyone to the tech booth." Gotta love management.

xtinkerbell84x

Former Sunset Attractions CM
Parade/Fantasmic! and Theater of the Stars Operations Trainer
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Bellhop
Revenge of the Mummy Minion/Production Assistant

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Hm, I have about two managers in mind that I would figure to pull something like that. I would say more. But one it makes me too f'n angry to think about it, and two, I just don't have the energy.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

doc.hobo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by doc.hobo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:29 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:
No one was hurt and it wasn't even a fire, just painters screwing up. Anything interesting happen with you guys lately?
i was working that day when it happened. soon as i left for break, it happened and when i went back to log into cds no one was there, not even backstage. :confused: i finally found my manager and other cms outside near the gate