Knockin' On Heaven's Door

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Post by CujoSR » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:37 am

Ok I just got home from the movie theater with soda all over me (don't ask.) I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable movies I have seen in a long time!

Cowboy Bebop has to be one of the best (if not the best,) anime films around. Holding a solid R rating this ain't no kids movie. Here's a synopsis:

A tanker truck is blown to smithereens in the middle of a busy street, and a deadly viral infection is released with the explosion. The Bebop crew - Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Faye Valentine, and Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV (how about just calling her Ed, and don't forget the dog Ein,) - are instantly after the culprit when the gargantuan reward of 300,000,000 woolongs is announced. But the case gets stranger and stranger as the cold-blooded Vincent Volaju, who supposedly has been dead for three years, seems to be the prime suspect. Meanwhile, Spike encounters the dangerous Electra, who too seeks the madman. Conspiracies and secrets better left alone are uncovered, and Vincent's reign of terror is nowhere near over yet...

Ok so I stole that from IMDB.com. Shoot me.

Anyway, although Cowboy Bebop: The Movie is based on the widely popular TV show (airing on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim every week,) The film really stands alone and allows you to connect with the characters very quickly. CB also has some of the best action scenes ever created! All I have left to say is see this movie!! Check the website to find a theater near you.

The Poster

The Trailer

The Official Website.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,